Are Djokovic and Nadal co-champions for 2013? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Should Djokovic and Nadal be regarded as equally best players in 2013?

Yes 21 17.07%
No 95 77.24%
I don't know 7 5.69%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #76
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Djokovic and Nadal co-champions for 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
ITF gives more weight to Grand Slams than ATP.
What weight does the ITF give the Grand Slams, relative to the ATP tournaments?
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #77
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
What weight does the ITF give the Grand Slams, relative to the ATP tournaments?
You mean what's the point difference?

Last edited by 5555 : 01-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.
5555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #78
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

In the ITF's ranking system, yes. We know what the point difference is for the ATP (i.e double).
Old 01-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #79
country flag RSimcox

RSimcox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Nadal was better proabably, but very very close, not the easy decision most seem to think. Nadal didn't play one Slam and was defeated rather embarrassingly at the other.
As someone said in other thread, Nadal had more glory and he will be remembered as his year, but in terms of overall results, it's close.
That about sums it up. Razor thin results/points, but if you must pick one on threat of harm... it would be Nadal.
RSimcox is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #80
country flag Slice_Of_Life
Banned!

Slice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond repute

I've been lurking on MTF for a long time, and I have to say some people are ridiculous with their trolling.
Nadal won 2 slams and 5 masters. He is the best player of the year. I do think his first round loss at Wimbledon stops it being one of the all time great 2 slam years, but it's still great.

I have heard much more ridiculous claims on here though. Both threads were deleted, but there was a "Is Nadal 2013 better than Djokovic 2011" thread and a "Is Djokovic 2013 better than Nadal 2010" thread. I mean, come off it guys! So 2 slams and 5 masters is better than 3 slams, 5 masters and an amazing winning streak? Sure. So Djokovic's 1 slam in 2013 is better than Nadal's 3 slams in 2010? Of course it is. Saying shit like that is just pointless because it's not even up for debate

I am just sick of reading people claiming everything their fave did was better than anything someone they hate did, no matter how much the numbers prove that is wrong
Slice_Of_Life is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #81
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice_Of_Life View Post
I've been lurking on MTF for a long time, and I have to say some people are ridiculous with their trolling.
Nadal won 2 slams and 5 masters. He is the best player of the year. I do think his first round loss at Wimbledon stops it being one of the all time great 2 slam years, but it's still great.

I have heard much more ridiculous claims on here though. Both threads were deleted, but there was a "Is Nadal 2013 better than Djokovic 2011" thread and a "Is Djokovic 2013 better than Nadal 2010" thread. I mean, come off it guys! So 2 slams and 5 masters is better than 3 slams, 5 masters and an amazing winning streak? Sure. So Djokovic's 1 slam in 2013 is better than Nadal's 3 slams in 2010? Of course it is. Saying shit like that is just pointless because it's not even up for debate

I am just sick of reading people claiming everything their fave did was better than anything someone they hate did, no matter how much the numbers prove that is wrong
Only one sad twat said that Nadal's 2013 was better than Nole's 2011 and they rightly get fucking banned. Like anyone would believe they felt that way! It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a fact. It's not even close. In fact, Nole's 2011 is miles better than Dull's best year, 2010. That is pretty embarrassing given how people played that year

2013 is one of Nole's worst year and he still got voted ITF best player! Also tied his head to head with Dull, and should have won 2 of the others. In fact, all 3 considering the US Open 3rd set choke. Hilarious. Also Dull got schooled in the first round of Wimbledon by an injured guy ranked 135th, so how great can his year be?

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #82
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Only one sad twat said that Nadal's 2013 was better than Nole's 2011 and they rightly get fucking banned. Like anyone would believe they felt that way! It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a fact. It's not even close. In fact, Nole's 2011 is miles better than Dull's best year, 2010. That is pretty embarrassing given how people played that year
too bad Nadal's worst full season isn't close to Djokovic's worst full season

in fact Nadal has had basically no bad season's, while Djokovic has had many. talk is cheap, let the titles and numbers do the talking

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #83
country flag Shepherd

Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
too bad Nadal's worst full season isn't close to Djokovic's worst full season

in fact Nadal has had basically no bad season's, while Djokovic has had many. talk is cheap, let the titles and numbers do the talking
Numbers don't lie, no? JoWilly has contradicted himself so many times it stopped being funny. He always says nobody takes Nadal's fans seriously, someone should make a thread who takes JoWilly seriously. Why bother though.
Shepherd is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #84
Banned!

Slice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond reputeSlice_Of_Life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

2013 is one of Nole's worst year and he still got voted ITF best player! Also tied his head to head with Dull, and should have won 2 of the others. In fact, all 3 considering the US Open 3rd set choke. Hilarious. Also Dull got schooled in the first round of Wimbledon by an injured guy ranked 135th, so how great can his year be?
You are doing the thing you are criticising others for though. I know you won't see posts by people like Shepherd and MountainDewSlave because they are on your very long ignore list, but maybe you will listen to me. Of course only a troll would say Nadal's 2013 is as good as Nole's 2011, let alone better, but how is saying Nadal's 2010 is worse than Nole's 2013 any better? Numbers don't lie, you said it yourself

People might as well ignore numbers all together. Nadal haters can say he has 0 fans and his fans can say he has 20 slams. Muzza fans can say his 2013 was better than Fed's 2006 etc. Anyone can make ridiculous claims, doesn't mean it is true.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:12 AM   #85
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice_Of_Life View Post
You are doing the thing you are criticising others for though. I know you won't see posts by people like Shepherd and MountainDewSlave because they are on your very long ignore list, but maybe you will listen to me. Of course only a troll would say Nadal's 2013 is as good as Nole's 2011, let alone better, but how is saying Nadal's 2010 is worse than Nole's 2013 any better? Numbers don't lie, you said it yourself

People might as well ignore numbers all together. Nadal haters can say he has 0 fans and his fans can say he has 20 slams. Muzza fans can say his 2013 was better than Fed's 2006 etc. Anyone can make ridiculous claims, doesn't mean it is true.
Story of JoWilly's life, but he's a bit of a "special" troll, so I doubt logic works here.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:31 AM   #86
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2013 is one of Nole's worst year
I don't know why I'm bothering given you now post nothing but a stream of nonsensical drivel, but come again? He won 7 titles last year including a Slam, WTF and 3 Masters and made 2 GS finals. The only year he's had that tops that is the untouchable 2011.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #87
country flag 5555

5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute5555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
In the ITF's ranking system, yes.
I do not know.
5555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #88
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

BIG 4 AT GRAND SLAMS (between them):
Federer: 12-15 or 44%
Djokovic: 11-17 or 39%
Murray: 5-14 or 26%
RAFAEL NADAL: 25-7 or 78%
A true G.O.A.T owns the best of the best.

RAFA
MA9IC
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #89
country flag Singularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
I do not know.
How do you know the ITF's ranking system is "right" if you don't know what that system is in the first place?
Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #90
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fearhand View Post
haha. It is a common trait for trolls to call out other trolls. Happens a lot on here, from Nadal trolls or Djoker trolls. Kinda funny. Nadal and Djokovic are both great players. 2011 and 2010 were great years. Of course Novak's was better, the numbers reflect that. But Nadal's is still an all time great year. People denying these things won't stop them being true

Last edited by Slice_Of_Life : 01-06-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Closed Thread