2005RG - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2005, 09:38 PM   #61
country flag allanah

allanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond reputeallanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2005RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal
hey allanah !
they showed the ball with a computer thing so maybe we didn't see the same image it's why maybe we disagree. Anyway, on the replay they were showing, it was definitely in, but maybe the computer thing is wrong :-)
anyway, it's over and each one's got 1 set, so let's see what happens !
i like nadal, but I would definitely like seb to win !!!
GO SEB !
ps : lucky you, marine ! Anyway, at home it was very exciting, too !! :-)
Oh, we didn't get anything as fancy as computer graphics on good ol' British eurosport Crystal . They just slowed the picture down and then enlarged the ball and the baseline to see if the two were touching at all. I have to confess that that did make the picture a little blurry which is why no-one on the telly could be sure.

Anyway, I'm glad Grosjean managed to turn it around in that 2nd set. It should be absolute cracker tomorrow - I hope he can take it 5 sets like P-H Mathieu did today
allanah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #62
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanah
Oh, we didn't get anything as fancy as computer graphics on good ol' British eurosport Crystal . They just slowed the picture down and then enlarged the ball and the baseline to see if the two were touching at all. I have to confess that that did make the picture a little blurry which is why no-one on the telly could be sure.

Anyway, I'm glad Grosjean managed to turn it around in that 2nd set. It should be absolute cracker tomorrow - I hope he can take it 5 sets like P-H Mathieu did today
But Paulo finally lost

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM   #63
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

PARIS (AP) -- Umpires have been taking plenty of verbal abuse at the French Open.

Damien Steiner of Argentina, the chair umpire for the match Sunday between Rafael Nadal and Frenchman Sebastien Grosjean, was jeered long and loudly, first by Grosjean, then by the center court crowd.

Fans hooted when a linesman ruled a shot by Nadal on the line, helping him win the point for a 1-0 lead in the second set. When Steiner refused to climb down from his chair to check the mark, Grosjean became incensed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jeering by fans delayed play for about 10 minutes, until the boos finally faded when Grosjean made a gesture appealing for quiet. Rain forced suspension of the match until Monday with Nadal leading 6-4, 3-6, 3-0.

Guy Forget
Old 05-30-2005, 03:23 AM   #64
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if they will allow the same chair umpire tomorrow or replace him?
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #65
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Marine but if your guy Seb needs that kind of support from the crowd--he is NOT a sportsman--just a showman. Any player that wants that kind of crowd participation should be fined. He wasted so much time & was unsportman-like when Nadal tried to serve. What a joke Seb is!! Sorry but this is MY opinion!! The fans should be ashamed of themselves for their actions!! & I wouldn't be so happy to be in that "great atmosphere"---all the fans looked like spoiled lil kids who didn't get their way!!

My hope that the rain delay has Nadal ready to "FRENCH FRY Seb!!!

ALLEZ RAFAEL!!!!!!!!!!!

Go right ahead & attack me---I can take it!!
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #66
xuzizhen

xuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond reputexuzizhen has a reputation beyond repute

1-3...
game over.....
crying...............
Old 05-30-2005, 03:34 PM   #67
country flag KellyluvsGrosjean

KellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond reputeKellyluvsGrosjean has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: 2005RG

Bix... I missed the game >_< but 1-3 is good enough! There's still Wimbledon Open, c'mon, be postitive!

No one likes to attack a Nadal fan sorry. As long as it's how the medias "keep" away some news it's always hard to judge. I worked in the media and my major is journalism so I know how it works. Seb was playing in front of his home crowd so all of us understand the situation. Sorry the font size is small but this shows that I am not intend to argue with anyone here. Seb fanz are nice!

C'mon GROSJEAN
Allez! Move on!

Last edited by KellyluvsGrosjean : 05-30-2005 at 04:08 PM.
KellyluvsGrosjean is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #68
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match today. I've heard that the 4th set was close and they both played very well.

Btw, Seb did play a great tennis this year in RG (especially against Stepanek and in the 2nd set against Nadal).
Thanks for that SEB and good luck on grass!

PS: It seems that Seb is critisized by the medias since yesterday's incident. I hope he won't pay attention to all these bad comments.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #69
country flag Marine

Not attacked by french medias anyway, only by stupid strangers...

Guy Forget
Old 05-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #70
country flag Marine

Don't listen to some people...I was there and Seb wasn't unsportman at all.
He was just furious. People criticize him because he didn't say the crowd to stop earlier, he waited for some minutes before saying "stop" with his racket, it's not a bad thing.
I still love him more since yesterday. He was adorable.

Guy Forget
Old 05-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #71
country flag crystal

crystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond reputecrystal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal
hey allanah !
they showed the ball with a computer thing so maybe we didn't see the same image it's why maybe we disagree. Anyway, on the replay they were showing, it was definitely in, but maybe the computer thing is wrong :-)
sorry I just wanted to say that the ball (hit by nadal) was definitely OUT and not "in" as i wrote just before. Nadal's ball was too long and out of the court, anyway it's what was shown by the computer.
Anyway, seb lost, so sad.
Just wanted to tell the rogi fan that seb has always been a very correct player, very fair and sportmanlike. He saw the ball out so it's normal that he was angry. Then the public just wanted the umpire to come and see the mark and the umpire refused, so it's why it got worse. But seb asked the crowd to stop, it's all right. It's normal that the crowd wasn't happy if it thought that there was some unfairness against seb.
And the crowd wasn't angry at nadal but at the umpire.
Anyway, seb's match is over, but I just wanted to say that he's not "unsportmanlike" and blablabla.
GO SEB FOR THE GRASS SEASON !!!
crystal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #72
country flag eek

eek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond repute

(hi, i'm eiko by the way )
Er, i'm probs saying stuff everyone knows hundreds of times over...my sister was saying that there were loads of dodgy line calls in Nadal's favour before the incident anyway. Anyway, he's just coming into his own now, shame that people'll try to take that away from him. And he got into the second week of RG, yay
eek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:16 PM   #73
country flag Lizan

Lizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond reputeLizan has a reputation beyond repute

SEB WAS GRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAtTT
It was the coolest match I've seeeeeen in a very long time.. ooooh amazing... I cant believe they're all being so stupid abt the crowd.. Its just a match.. If they were booing constatly against Nadal, okay, but they werent..

And okay I didnt completely understand why Seb didnt wanted to receive, but whatever, it was a great happening, finally some action...

Me Appy

Lizan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #74
country flag eek

eek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond reputeeek has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, it was definitely the nicest match i've seen this tournament...séb's back!
eek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #75
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have Grosjean's interview? I want to know what he had to say about the incident and about Rafa

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote