The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread! - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #166
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Peter Luczak" Cheering Thread!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...3-2722,00.html

Luczak win lifts Open wildcard chances

AAP
January 01, 2007

AUSTRALIAN Peter Luczak started the new year with a fighting, upset win against fifth seed Dominik Hrbaty 7-6 6-3 at the Adelaide International tennis tournament today.

The Victorian fought hard to overcome his Slovakian opponent in his first round robin match at Memorial Drive after trailing 5-2 in the first set.

Hrbaty failed to convert a set point at 5-3 after Luczak had a bit of luck with a forehand mishit falling inside the baseline.

The 166th ranked Australian steadied his game and serve, sending down four aces to stay in the set and force a tie break.

He only needed one set point to take the tie break nine points to seven.

In the second, Luczak continued to dominate from the baseline while six double faults destroyed Hrbaty's serving confidence.

Luczak said the win was a great start in the lead up to the Australian Open and the tournament's new round robin format might have been the reason for his lack of nerves.

This tournament is the first time the ATP tour has tried a new system with a field of 32 players that includes an initial elimination round followed by eight three player pools and a finals knock-out series.

"The pressure was off me and I could go out there and enjoy it," he said.

"Even in the tie break when I was down six points to four, I had some strange feeling that I was not getting tight.

"It is good to know that you at least have two matches either way."

Luczak said while he hoped the win might earn him a wildcard into the Open later this month, his eyes were firmly set on a spot in the Australian Davis Cup team.

"For me the Davis Cup is the most important (event) and I just love that sort of atmosphere and playing for your country is magnificent," he said.

"Wayne Arthurs is probably not too far away from retiring so there is definitely a chance that one of us guys hopefully can be a regular member of the team."

Luczak will play American Paul Goldstein in his second and final pool match on Wednesday

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #167
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Full article below, just took the relevant links to Peter.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/tennis...e#contentSwap1

Luczak fixed on Davis Cup

WHILE Peter Luczak recently spent 10 days practising at Lleyton Hewitt's Sydney home, it is for Davis Cup duty that Luczak hopes the pair will combine next. Luczak yesterday strengthened his selection case by surprising fifth seed Dominik Hrbaty at the Adelaide International, while Hewitt's doubles experiment with Paul Hanley ended with defeat but not discouragement.

After beating 21st-ranked Hrbaty for the second-best win of his career, Luczak admitted the ambition that burns brightly is a regular place in Australia's Davis Cup team.

Having trailed 2-5 in the first set and saved a set point in the next game when a shanked forehand lobbed in the baseline corner, Luczak prevailed 7-6 (9-7), 6-3 against Hrbaty. Only in Brazil two years ago, when he upset then world No. 17 Fernando Gonzalez, has the Polish-born Victorian claimed a higher-ranked scalp.

At 27, he is now the father to baby Sebastian, the personal highlight of a mixed professional year that included a thrilling first-round Davis Cup victory for Australia in Switzerland last February. He missed almost four months for illness and family reasons, and a lean run home was highlighted by a finals appearance at the Caloundra Challenger in November.

"I had an up-and-down year — a great start to the year, and the last six months haven't been too good at all, but I've still been happy. It's a big time in my life right now with the little guy … and hopefully, 2007 will bring some more good results."

Luczak knows more of the same will enhance his chances of snaring the one Australian Open wildcard still floating once Tennis Australia's remaining discretionary invitations are sent — almost certainly — to Philippoussis and Guccione. But he is trying not to let that prospect distract him, and nor does he have any grumble with the continuing generosity of tournament directors towards Philippoussis.

"A wildcard is just a bonus. So I don't think there's too much resentment. (Philippoussis) has been top 10 in the world, he's won a couple of Davis Cups for Australia and he looks like he's been working hard."

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #168
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...-12428,00.html

Livewire Luczak

AUSSIE battler Peter Luczak pulled off one of the finest wins of his career, rolling tournament No. 5 seed Dominik Hrbaty in straight sets at the Next Generation Adelaide International at Memorial Drive then looked to bigger things yesterday.

Ranked No. 166 in the world, the Victorian outplayed the 2004 Adelaide champion to win 7-6, 6-3 over the world No. 21.

Luczak - whose biggest ATP scalp is Chile's No. 1 Fernando Gonzalez when ranked No. 17 in February 2005 - admitted it was a significant win but he said his main focus this year was to anchor a regular David Cup berth.

"For me that's the most important thing. I put Davis Cup in front of anything," said Luczak, who reached the semi-finals at Costa do Sauipe after upsetting Gonzalez. "I love playing the Australian Open, I'm from Melbourne, but for me Davis Cup is most important. I love that sort of atmosphere and playing for your country is just magnificent.

"The way Tennis Australia is now, I think Wayne Arthurs is not too far away from retiring so there's definitely a chance for one of us guys to hopefully be a regular in the team."

Luczak played a key role in elevating Australia to the Davis Cup quarter finals last year with a first-rubber win against Michael Lammer of Switzerland. He reached the third round of the Australian Open but illness and the arrival of his first child spelled a frustrating end to 2006.

With yesterday's encouraging result over the former world No. 12 in mind, Luczak, 27, is eyeing a happier new year.

"It's not often I get to play guys ranked that high. I normally need a wildcard to get in one of these tournaments to play," Luczak said. "The pressure was off me and I could just go out there and enjoy it."

The Polish-born right-hander did just that after recovering from 2-5 down and holding off set point in the opening set after losing five consecutive games.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #169
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 01-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #170
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

great win, Peter
Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #171
bad gambler

Good to see Luczak start the season well

Goldstein is defintiely a winnable match - a QF here would be good to see
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:17 AM   #172
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

he lost 7-6 (8)- 6-1

Really wasted oppurnity there.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #173
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

I think Luczak is starting realise he can play with top 50 players and beat them! Now that he has been given a wildcard into the Aus Open he can focus on performing there and he will have to if he wants to play DC in belgium, it's looking like Guccione will play second to Hewitt and regualr Arthurs and Hanley for doubles. He must perform at the Aus Open it could be his only GS that he plays in this year.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:36 AM   #174
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Luczak is in the quarters of the Salinas challenger and starts the long road to trying to build up his ranking again.

He defeated Mello and Massa in straight sets and now has to play Lorenzi in the quarters for a place in the semis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 AM   #175
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Peter really dropping down the rankings at what about 250's plays some Morocon Quallie at the Morocco 25K no excuse here for a loss and gain 5 valuable points which he needs
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 AM   #176
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

seems like 'looch' is on his way out
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #177
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond reputeOZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

haha, when we write him off, he goes on and makes the semis in morocco with 3 great wins
Old 03-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #178
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Luczak has won the Fes Challenger by beating Schukin in the final 6/2 6/7(3) 7/6(1).

Well done Peter.

http://www.sportmarocweb.com/fes2007/TABLEAUX.htm

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 PM   #179
country flag OZTENNIS

Wow, just when we start to think he's on the downward spiral he wins his first ATP Challenger Tournament title for the year!!

Congratulations Peter!! Get that ranking back up mate
Old 03-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #180
country flag rrfnpump
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond reputerrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute

well done, Peter
good fight here in the final

hope to see more of him in the next weeks