Jose Acasuso ARG
vs.
Max Mirnyi BLR

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA
vs.
Andy Roddick USA (2)

See less See more
#2 ·
Well I guess there's no such thing as an easy draw at these Grand slam events. Have no clue how Karlovic is playing but I don't think he will be a problem on clay.

Good Luck on Tuesday Kiwi!!!!!!!

#3 ·
At least he doesn't face Federer or Coria in the 2nd round, so that's draw-wise already a big improvement IMO ;)

Karlovic is 6'10" and has a very dangerious serve, even on clay. But in good form last year, Kiwi has already beaten him on a faster surface (taking a tiebreak and a set at love) and Karlovic's movement and ability on clay are very much limited. Also Karlovic kind of sucks this year so far.

Karlovic vs Kiefer: It simply has to be regarded as a must-win match for Kiwi

#4 ·
Thanks for the info Neely:) I totally agree, especially since Kiwi has played pretty well during the claycourt season(not including his last match) imo

#7 ·
Damn, do I have to be worried? :confused:
Somebody in Kiwi's guestbook who probably was around the courts on Sunday said that Kiwi lost a practice set to Jonas Björkman 1:6 and that he didn't put too much effort into this match... I hope it's not a bad sign for what will happen tomorrow and that Kiwi is in good mood for his match against Karlovic. He really has to, if he doesn't return well and finds no way to pass Karlovic at the net, it could get ugly, but I hope not so!

#8 ·
That's practice. Gasquet also lost to Lopez. He would never lose a set against Björkman on clay. ;)

Does Eurosport show in every country the same matches like it was in Melbourne? If so, we have to wait for a Kiefer/Clement match to see something of him I fear.

#9 ·
Neely said:
Somebody in Kiwi's guestbook who probably was around the courts on Sunday said that Kiwi lost a practice set to Jonas Björkman 1:6 and that he didn't put too much effort into this match... I hope it's not a bad sign for what will happen tomorrow and that Kiwi is in good mood for his match against Karlovic. He really has to, if he doesn't return well and finds no way to pass Karlovic at the net, it could get ugly, but I hope not so!
Yeah, that makes me a bit nervous aswell. Hopefully, that was just a one-time thing :rolleyes:

Good Luck Tomorrow!!!!!!!

#10 ·
Kiwi's match tomorrow is scheduled third on court #5.

I don't think Eurosport is going to show us something from there, I don't even know if a broadcast from there would be possible?! :shrug:

#11 ·
Neely said:
I read it, too... but I think he has a good chance to win...We'll see!
GO KIWI!!! :woohoo:

#13 ·
well done, Kiwi!

6-3 6-3 6-4 against Karlovic, looked pretty routine from the scoreboard!

into the 2nd round now :yeah:

#19 ·
CHATRIER 11:00 Start

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Guillermo Coria (ARG)[8] vs. Novak Djokovic (SCG)

followed by
Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)[2]

Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Arnaud Clement (FRA) vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[28]

Women's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Nathalie Dechy (FRA)[13] vs. Samantha Stosur (AUS)

:eek: Center Court match! But most of the match we won't see cause of the fucking Giro.

#20 ·
The only chance to maximise the broadcasting time of Kiwi's match for us is that Coria wins in 90 minutes and that Sharapova win in 60 minutes. The worst would be if these would be two long matches and Kiwi's match started exactly at the time they want to show the fucking Giro. :eek: :banghead:

#22 ·
nice one, worst case scenario for us.... Sharapova's match ends EXACTLY at the time Eurosport switches over the fucking Giro, unbelievable our luck! :(

so we will get to see Kiwi the least possible time :banghead:

#24 ·
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS KIWI!!!!!!!!!!

Kiefer def. Clément 4-6 6-2 6-2 4-6 6-4 :worship:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana:

That's the first time he is in the third round in Roland Garros! :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.