Scoville Jenkins - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #61
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoville Jenkins

Sco got a wildcard for the Sacto Challenger. He's not in town yet, probably due in sometime on Saturday. I'll let you know if I get to see him play.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2005, 06:27 AM   #62
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, I finally got a hug from Scoey today!!!! I didn't even know when they were coming, and they showed up while I was at the hotel for another player. It was so great to see him and both he and Torrey were surprised to see me. Wow, he is looking more and more like a professional 'Man' of a tennis player every time I see him. I really hope for big things from him this week, I'm so glad that he's here.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #63
country flag aj_m2009

aj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! Hopefully this week will be a lot better than when he was here (in Tulsa). And would u mind tellin Sco that I was the kid in the yellow shirt at his qualifying match against Wolmarans? If he doesnt remember me from that tell him that I was the one cheerin all the time lol.

Scoville-Jenkins.com Guillermo Coria Online Rafael Nadal Fan Roshardt Online Taylor Lautner Web Cody Linley Fan
Miss-Clarkson.com Rihanna Fan Carrie Love Ultimate Ashley Jordan Pruitt Online Hayden Source Ak'sent Central

Globalwarming Awareness2007
Google Talk Forum - Where the world talks about Google!
AIM Forum - Ready, AIM, Chat!

aj_m2009 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 AM   #64
country flag aj_m2009

aj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond reputeaj_m2009 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, just found out that Sco will be signin with Reebok.

http://www.protennisfan.com/2005/10/...le_jenkin.html

Scoville-Jenkins.com Guillermo Coria Online Rafael Nadal Fan Roshardt Online Taylor Lautner Web Cody Linley Fan
Miss-Clarkson.com Rihanna Fan Carrie Love Ultimate Ashley Jordan Pruitt Online Hayden Source Ak'sent Central

Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #65
country flag Fee

Yep, one of the first things I said to him when I saw him was 'hey, are those new clothes?' He's been wearing Reebok all week, but I thought the official announcement wasn't due until the end of the month. He lost his singles match to Brian Vahaly today, but he and Bobby Reynolds won their doubles match. I'll try to remember to give him your message, but I spend most of my time talking to Torrey while Scoey just sits listening to his music (and smiling at me and Torrey being 'humourous').
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #66
country flag Fee

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=2194327

Updated: Oct. 17, 2005, 5:51 PM ET

Reebok signs rising star Jenkins to multiyear deal
By Darren Rovell
ESPN.com

If the tennis world is looking for the next marketable name, Scoville Jenkins might be it.

But whether the braid-toting, diamond-stud-wearing, 19-year-old African-American from Atlanta, Ga., becomes a valuable commodity is now Reebok's risk.

The shoe and apparel company signed Jenkins to a multiyear deal worth at least $100,000 a year.

"He has shown that he's one of the most proven of the young teenage talent on tour," said Jenkins' agent Tom Ross, senior vice president at Octagon, who heads up the tennis practice. "And Reebok was looking for the next great competitor since Andy [Roddick] went to Lacoste."

Jenkins has made a meteoric rise this year, moving 505 spots in the rankings to No. 262. In August, he beat No. 55 Jarkko Nieminen in New Haven, Conn., and days later took down George Bastl, then ranked No. 115, in a five-setter for his first U.S. Open match victory before losing his second-round match in straight sets to Rafael Nadal.

Since signing league-wide apparel deals with the NBA and the NFL, Reebok's commitment to signing high-profile tennis players has become more selective. The company in December signed then-15-year-old Nicole Vaidisova, who has since moved up in the rankings from No. 73 to No. 17, as well as Amelie Mauresmo in May. Reebok no longer pays for Venus Williams, though she continues to wear the brand's logos free of charge.

It's not clear what would happen to the appetite of Reebok executives in the tennis world if the proposed buyout by adidas comes to fruition, but insiders who facilitated this deal said the Jenkins decision was an autonomous decision.

Jenkins is part of a growing number of African-American prospects in men's tennis that are starting to garner attention. There has been much talk about 17-year-old Donald Young, who already has a contract with Nike; and 19-year-old Phillip Simmonds has jumped from No. 899 at the start of the year to No. 353, thanks in part to an appearance in the finals in last week's challenger event in Sacramento.

The rise of Jenkins and Simmonds also comes at a time when James Blake is playing his best tennis. Blake, who lost to Andre Agassi in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open, won this past week in Stockholm and is now ranked No. 23 in the world -- just one spot below his career high.

Blake, who has a Nike deal and is currently considering offers from almost all major racket manufacturers, is almost seven years older than Jenkins.

Jenkins has rarely been seen wearing Reebok over the last couple years, sporting the Nike swoosh almost exclusively.

Ben Sturner, president of the sports marketing firm Leverage Sports, says if Jenkins does well, there's plenty of room for both Jenkins and Blake to be appealing superstars.

"They represent two different personalities and appeal to two different age groups," Sturner said.

Darren Rovell, who covers sports business for ESPN.com, can be reached at Darren.rovell@espn3.com.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 PM   #67
country flag Fee

Article about Scoey playing the Tampa Futures event this week:

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/08/Sp...of_a_bre.shtml

Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #68
country flag aj_m2009

Thanks for posting about that, Fee! Had you not, I wouldnt have known about it lol! Now I just need to put it, and the like 10 others, up lol! BTW, you have any idea when Sco's 1st round match is supposed to be played?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #69
country flag Fee

Scoey played and won on Tuesday.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1&page=1&pp=15

Old 01-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #70
country flag aj_m2009

Ok, cool, thank you! I had been looking all over the place and couldnt find anything lol!

Old 01-13-2006, 12:16 PM   #71
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

I want to bring to your attention the existence of Pick-Your-Winner [PYW]. This game is a popularity contest in which you can vote for your favourite players. Every tournament we start with the actual draw (or qualifying draw) and every match is won by the most popular player, using real-life scorelines.

Because Scoville Jenkins will also play in some tournaments, I thought you might want to vote! If you want to vote (it's fun!), check the Tournament Forums for current matches and keep checking

CIPOLLA| ROGER-VASSELIN | MCGEE

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #72
country flag Fee

Scoey is playing Futures for the next few weeks. Will you have your game for the Challengers and Futures tournaments too?

Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 AM   #73
country flag Fee

Scoey won the Kissimmee Futures Singles title!

Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

YAY FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:23 AM   #75
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

Kissimmee...as in kissimmee florida? like, an hour from where I live... |:

go sco!!!!!!!!
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote