Unpopular opinions that you have on Movies/TV/Music/Videogames - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #301
country flag Ziros

Ziros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond reputeZiros has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unpopular opinions that you have on Movies/TV/Music/Videogames

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
The Godfather movies.
Didn't like them much at all and it took 3/4 tries to finish the first one.
Pretty boring and the acting looked poor, especially Marlon Brando in the first one.

Not sure what people liked about them.

Just finished #3 a couple weeks ago and it was probably the worse one, again it was boring.
If you think Brando was poor in the Godfather,you really don't know much about acting.
Ziros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #302
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaKizzy View Post
Wasn't there a year when most of the important awards went to foreign films/actors? I think it was recent.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
In movies that are at least partially financed by American money.

I'm not complaining about that rule, the Oscars are there to give awards to American cinema production.
But they try so hard to pretend they're like the world cup of cinema that it's dishonnest from them.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #303
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosespower View Post
Twilight was like a comedy

I don't see the point of the musical episodes in TV series I skip through all the songs to reach to the dialogue. There must be better ways for the actors to showcase their hidden talents. I really like Psych for example but honestly I didn't get any joy from the musical episode.
I don't think the first one is an unpopular opinion. I saw some of the first one when it was on tv and it was unintentionally hysterical

I loved the Buffy musical episode. It made sense in that universe. But I think sometimes musical episodes can be a bit unnecessary.

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #304
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon acting was never bad, and in godfather it was ( as usual) exceptional
Old 12-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #305
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Yoda's voice: Overrated it is not however.

Also thumbs up for Puppet Yoda. Dies by getting tucked in to bed.
i was actually thinking that when I wrote that, but I surpressed my nerdiness

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #306
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Genesis with Peter Gabriel was 10000 times better than with Phil Collins.
this is common knowledge. After Hackett left it should've just been called the phil collins project (to score cheap hits)

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #307

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

In Star Trek no one is gay

My theory is because gay has been cured in the future
Old 12-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #308
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed fordawin View Post
In movies that are at least partially financed by American money.

I'm not complaining about that rule, the Oscars are there to give awards to American cinema production.
But they try so hard to pretend they're like the world cup of cinema that it's dishonnest from them.
There are great films that come from different countries. I personally love foreign cinema and would like to watch something gritty. A good film is a good film regardless of which country it comes from.
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #309

In 30 years cinema and tv will be like radio

It will still have a function but will have effectively been killed off by a newer technology

Video gaming, because of its interactivty

Video game realism and advanced ai are the only things holding back the end of cinema

Who wants to watch blade runner when you could be a part of it and decide the fate who the androids yourself

I'm sure there will still be a market for cinema,
Just like today listening to the radio in your car

The ultimate goal is to get to the Star Trek holo deck

I don't think. It'll happen in our lifetime, but maybe 100-200 years from now
Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #310
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
In Star Trek no one is gay

My theory is because gay has been cured in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziros View Post
1.The Smiths are the best band of the 80s
Iron Maiden, U2, Metallica, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, The Police, Megadeth, Judas Priest??

Quote:
3.The Sopranos is overrated,nowhere near as compelling as The Wire or Breaking Bad
Agree. Still a good show.

Quote:
4.2001 A Space Odyssey isn't that great,nor for that matter is Blade Runner or The Shining
Agree with the first 2, not with the Shining

Quote:
8.The Kinks are the best band of the 60s
I think they're under-rated, but can't put them above The Beatles or The Who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
The Cure are wildly overrated.
+1
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #311
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
In 30 years cinema and tv will be like radio

It will still have a function but will have effectively been killed off by a newer technology

Video gaming, because of its interactivty

Video game realism and advanced ai are the only things holding back the end of cinema

Who wants to watch blade runner when you could be a part of it and decide the fate who the androids yourself

I'm sure there will still be a market for cinema,
Just like today listening to the radio in your car

The ultimate goal is to get to the Star Trek holo deck

I don't think. It'll happen in our lifetime, but maybe 100-200 years from now
I think your right. Who would have thought when the walkman was first released that it would be replaced by CD players and then I-POD and then eventually in your mobile phone. Who would have thought back in the 80's you would have a mobile phone? lol. Other technology has evolved over time as well and will continue to evolve, things that we didnt think wa possibel today.
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #312
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Home alone 3 is a great movie.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #313
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post

Iron Maiden, U2, Metallica, Dire Straits, Bon Jovi, The Police, Megadeth, Judas Priest??
Matter of taste, I guess. I'd take the Smiths over all those.

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem

TT Singles [ Gen. Rank: #152 / Best Rank: #152] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 ]
TT Doubles [ Gen. Rank: #165 / Best Rank: #164] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi '14 - Busan '14 ] --> with MachineGun

Playing since Dec. 30 2013. Last Update July 14 2014
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #314
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Friends was never very funny.
The Rolling Stones were much better with Brian Jones.
GTA V was heavily overrated. Red Dead Redemption is Rockstars best game.
Guns n Roses have written a few nice ballads, but their rock songs are awful.
Oasis was a crap band and What's The Story (Morning Glory) a hugely overrated album.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:26 PM   #315
country flag Doktor Carpet

Doktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm playing Beyond Two Souls and it's a great game actually! 9/10 for sure. No idea why the scores on gaming sites are so bad on this one.

http://www.ign.com/games/beyond-two-souls/ps3-135607
Doktor Carpet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote