"Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU rally" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral



Saddest day in modern history of Ukraine.
After rejection the agreement with the EU the regime went crazy. At 4am Yanukovich gave an order to beat up peaceful pro-EU demonstration. Police in Kiev were as shocked as people on the square, they tried to help and cried as well and couldn't believe what is happening. Yanukovich used special forces from the East of the country. They must hate us, they hate Ukrainians. I'm not sure now this country can exist as a whole. Massive gathering is going to be tomorrow in the center of Kiev. Consequences are uncertain. I am going to be there, most of the people I know too. We are not students, we've got jobs and responsibilies, but we are going to protest. Yanukovich has crossed the line of no return.

I understand thay nobody will help us but ourselves but at least I hope the world's (Europe's first of all) reaction to the events here will be harsh.
Ambassador of France in Ukraine Alain Remy could hardly keep his tears after seeing what has happened to the Independence Square early morning today.

If anyone is interested I'll post updates.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #17
country flag arm
Registered User
 
arm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,858
arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post


Saddest day in modern history of Ukraine.
After rejection the agreement with the EU the regime went crazy. At 4am Yanukovich gave an order to beat up peaceful pro-EU demonstration. Police in Kiev were as shocked as people on the square, they tried to help and cried as well and couldn't believe what is happening. Yanukovich used special forces from the East of the country. They must hate us, they hate Ukrainians. I'm not sure now this country can exist as a whole. Massive gathering is going to be tomorrow in the center of Kiev. Consequences are uncertain. I am going to be there, most of the people I know too. We are not students, we've got jobs and responsibilies, but we are going to protest. Yanukovich has crossed the line of no return.

I understand thay nobody will help us but ourselves but at least I hope the world's (Europe's first of all) reaction to the events here will be harsh.
Ambassador of France in Ukraine Alain Remy could hardly keep his tears after seeing what has happened to the Independence Square early morning today.

If anyone is interested I'll post updates.
I am interested! Please let us know what is happening.

Good luck, I wish you all the best. No settling or giving up your fight.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
country flag J99
Registered User
 
J99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,298
J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

The only issue here is that Russia still controls Ukraine, Ukraine are still in debt to Russia for the energy deal, Russia would have raised costs even higher if Ukraine wen't ahead with the EU deal, Russia wants Ukraine back as part of Russia.
__________________
Best TT singles rank: 20
Best TT doubles rank: 55

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
I am interested! Please let us know what is happening.

Good luck, I wish you all the best. No settling or giving up your fight.
Many thanks

To understand the idiocity of the situation: the reason to beat up people on the square was, OFFICIALLY: to maintain a Christmas tree. At 4 am!

Head of the president's office has just resigned. Rumors are, a the most radical pro-Kremlin politician is going to take his place. Anyway only one person makes decisions in this country atm.

Local TV shows nothing. Only Facebook, only online internet tv. I am following

"Funny" thing as well: People that were forced to ran away form that square were hiding (and still are) in the monastery. Special forces surrounded the monastery but didn't enter in. Seems to have gone now.

Reuters corresdondent was beat up. Polish people on the square too.

Last edited by sweetkit : 11-30-2013 at 09:48 AM.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #20
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
The only issue here is that Russia still controls Ukraine, Ukraine are still in debt to Russia for the energy deal, Russia would have raised costs even higher if Ukraine wen't ahead with the EU deal, Russia wants Ukraine back as part of Russia.
This is obvious, unfortunately. Putin wants Ukraine badly
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
country flag J99
Registered User
 
J99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,298
J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
This is obvious, unfortunately. Putin wants Ukraine badly
Yeah, so you can't blame Ukraine for pulling out of this deal, so it's not very nice for the gov. to have to deal with the protesters who want the EU agreement to go ahead, they should be supporting the gov., not fighting them.
__________________
Best TT singles rank: 20
Best TT doubles rank: 55

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #22
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Yeah, so you can't blame Ukraine for pulling out of this deal, so it's not very nice for the gov. to have to deal with the protesters who want the EU agreement to go ahead, they should be supporting the gov., not fighting them.
What do you mean by saying so? People are not allowed to protest? This is a fundamental right.

Yes, in short-term that deal with the EU would be hard to bear, but there were numerous of examples of the counties that been through all of this: Poland, the Baltic countries.. they are successful now.

Actually, there is no talk about EU integration now. Things got more serious. People hurt.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #23
country flag J99
Registered User
 
J99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,298
J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
What do you mean by saying so? People are not allowed to protest? This is a fundamental right.

Yes, in short-term that deal with the EU would be hard to bear, but there were numerous of examples of the counties that been through all of this: Poland, the Baltic countries.. they are successful now.

Actually, there is no talk about EU integration now. Things got more serious. People hurt.
They are allowed, but it's not helping the country, people should be trying to focus on how to get Russia off their backs, instead of fighting with each other, it seems not everyone knows why Ukraine pulled out of the deal, which is sad, people are getting hurt for not a good reason.
__________________
Best TT singles rank: 20
Best TT doubles rank: 55

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #24
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
They are allowed, but it's not helping the country, people should be trying to focus on how to get Russia off their backs, instead of fighting with each other, it seems not everyone knows why Ukraine pulled out of the deal, which is sad, people are getting hurt for not a good reason.
Will it help to be silent and spectate how Ukaine is basically selled to Russia? I don't want my country to become another Belarus. I have friends there and I know deeply how it feels to them to be de-facto not-independent country.

As for hurting each other, there is such a thing, and it's sad, yeah. There are people who believe our future can be bright only with Russia. Apparently, those people beat us up this morning. They are the minority (I tend to think), but they took over the country.

I prefer to fight. Peacefully. I care.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 14,155
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
They are allowed, but it's not helping the country, people should be trying to focus on how to get Russia off their backs, instead of fighting with each other, it seems not everyone knows why Ukraine pulled out of the deal, which is sad, people are getting hurt for not a good reason.
I do not understand your opinions. You want Russia off the back of Ukranians and you think the way to do this is to shut up and allow Putin to give orders to Ukranians?
If you do not think the Ukranians should be fighting with each other, then why not suggest that the government stand up for the people's desires, instead of attacking them?
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #26
country flag J99
Registered User
 
J99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,298
J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I do not understand your opinions. You want Russia off the back of Ukranians and you think the way to do this is to shut up and allow Putin to give orders to Ukranians?
If you do not think the Ukranians should be fighting with each other, then why not suggest that the government stand up for the people's desires, instead of attacking them?
You don't understand because that's not what I said, the Ukrainians are upset about their gov. not making the EU deal, not about Putin.

The gov., if they are attacking the people 1st, should not be, but the gov. has to defend itself against dumb people if that's how they want to act, these people don't know what's really going on, and are only making things worse.
__________________
Best TT singles rank: 20
Best TT doubles rank: 55

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #27
country flag J99
Registered User
 
J99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,298
J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkit View Post
Will it help to be silent and spectate how Ukaine is basically selled to Russia? I don't want my country to become another Belarus. I have friends there and I know deeply how it feels to them to be de-facto not-independent country.

As for hurting each other, there is such a thing, and it's sad, yeah. There are people who believe our future can be bright only with Russia. Apparently, those people beat us up this morning. They are the minority (I tend to think), but they took over the country.

I prefer to fight. Peacefully. I care.
They are being silent about that, they aren't being silent about the EU deal, probably because they don't know that Russia is controlling this situation.
__________________
Best TT singles rank: 20
Best TT doubles rank: 55

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
country flag sweetkit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 24
Posts: 421
sweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond reputesweetkit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I said, the Ukrainians are upset about their gov. not making the EU deal, not about Putin.
Actually, I cannot say what we are upset about more. I will try to explain. Not making the EU deal has been a catalyst (not sure there's such word, sorry, but you'd understand the mean). Yes, we wanted that agreement (by we I mean Kiev and Western Ukraine), but that would not be the reason of another revolution. We are sick of politics. But beating up people who peacefully protest IS the reason.

Russia's aggression is only a secondary reason. We do realise our neighbor wants our territory back. We understand that Putin wants Ukraine be theirs as Belarus as Kazahkstan as Armenia etc. But we don't fight against Russia, we fight against over goverment that lost its mind. That attacked people.

I bet Putin smiles a lot this day. He has seemingly won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
The gov., if they are attacking the people 1st, should not be, but the gov. has to defend itself against dumb people if that's how they want to act, these people don't know what's really going on, and are only making things worse.
Hey, but we are not dumb. I am a leading engineer in my company. My boss, a top-manager of world-known corporation's department in Ukraine said to ALL that on Monday we are going or not going to work depending on the situation. He is going to protest too. He's not Ukrainian. Again, it's not 'working class' who are protesting now.

Kiev is going to be a mess soon. I am going in the center now. Hope to write back in the evening. Mobile connection there is down.

Last edited by sweetkit : 11-30-2013 at 01:03 PM.
sweetkit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 14,155
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
You don't understand because that's not what I said, the Ukrainians are upset about their gov. not making the EU deal, not about Putin.

The gov., if they are attacking the people 1st, should not be, but the gov. has to defend itself against dumb people if that's how they want to act, these people don't know what's really going on, and are only making things worse.
I think I did understand. The Ukrainians are upset about their gov. not making the EU deal and think Putin is behind this development.
So maybe you can explain why the protestors are dumb and also what is really going on, since you seem to have the inside information, even though sweetkit is actually there. But then, you have already declared sweetkit to be dumb, so I guess you would consider you know better.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly : 12-03-2013 at 12:45 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 14,155
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Watching TV pictures of the massive protest today. People standing peacefully in protest and police firing tear gas into them.

Of course these are just pictures from the western, capitalist, imperialist media. No doubt they have been photoshopped.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios