"Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU rally" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU rally"

If only this was simply about a trade pact.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/11/21/u...t-with-the-eu/

Quote:
Ukraine has suspended negotiations with the European Union on a landmark trade association agreement that Brussels had hoped would be signed next week.

The announcement came hours after Ukraine’s parliament voted to prevent jailed opposition leader and former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko from travelling to Germany for medical treatment. The Tymoshenko case had been a major sticking point in relations between the EU and Ukraine, with Brussels making her release from jail a pre-condition before signing the agreement.

A decree posted on the Ukrainian government’s website said it was suspending the “process of preparation” for the agreement “with the aim of adopting measures to ensure national (economic) security”. The decision, it said, was motivated by a need to bolster economic ties with Russia.

Russia had been putting pressure on Kiev to abandon the deal with the EU, hoping instead to attract Ukraine into a customs union with it and other former Soviet states. Today Ukraine’s President Viktor Yanukovich proposed a trilateral trade commission made up of Ukraine, the EU and Russia.

Hours earlier in parliament, members of Yanukovich’s party voted against granting his political rival Tymoshenko leave from prison to receive treatment from reported chronic back pain. She is serving a seven-year sentence for abuse of power over an energy deal with Russia but the European Commission, as well as Tymoshenko’s supporters at home, believe her conviction was politically motivated. Members of opposition parties shouted “shame” after the vote. Those from Tymoshenko’s ‘Fatherland’ party wore white T-shirts bearing the slogan Freedom to Ukraine, while members of boxer-turned-politician Vladimir Klitschko’s UDAR party wore red T-shirts that read Ukraine is Europe.
http://www.euronews.com/2013/11/22/u...-pro-eu-rally/

Quote:
Thousands of people have gathered on the streets of Kyiv in protest at the Ukrainian government’s u-turn on a long-planned EU trade pact – and the talk of strengthening ties with Russia instead.

Jailed former prime minister Yuliya Tymoshenko and Opposition leader Vitali Kitschko have called for people to fill the streets until Sunday, November 24, the ninth anniversary of the Orange Revolution.

Taking part in the demonstration, Kiltschko told reporters: “Our main task is to get united because we are united by the desire to live in a better country. What do we have to do? Every one of us has to bring 20, 40, 100 people here. And then, if there are a lot of us, we can go and demand.”

Ukraine’s government defended the suspension of negotiations with the EU in a parliamentary session earlier, calling it a purely “economic” decision.
And a very interesting opinion article:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5e7c0b0c-5...#axzz2lba6mHyf
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Yanukovich massively shot himself in the foot here. It looks as if he cancelled a beneficial deal for his country to shore up his own power base. Russian money and energy likely won´t be enough to noticeably improve the situation, which gives the orange parties a lot of ammunition to take on Yanukovich. It could very well lead to a second orange revolution, which could do wonders for especially Klitschko if he plays it right.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Ukraine cancels trade pact with EU" and "thousands gather in Kyiv for pro-EU ral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Yanukovich massively shot himself in the foot here. It looks as if he cancelled a beneficial deal for his country to shore up his own power base. Russian money and energy likely won´t be enough to noticeably improve the situation, which gives the orange parties a lot of ammunition to take on Yanukovich. It could very well lead to a second orange revolution, which could do wonders for especially Klitschko if he plays it right.
The people are out in the streets voicing their opinion. Media is trying to manipulate the numbers and stop the "revolution" from spreading too much across the country. I have also had information from Ukrainians that are on spot that the police has already attacked peaceful protestants. I don't know where this is going, but this isn't simply about money and trades, this is about human rights, and it seems that Ukrainians realize that.

I wish them the best of luck!
Old 11-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

f course this is about more than money, though it does lie at the root of it. Russia and EU aren´t merely two competing markets, they represent to a degree two competing civilisational systems. The attitude towards human rights, the environment, democracy, the rule of law and so on are all coloured by this civilisational outlook. And Ukraine has been fundamentally divided between the two since independence. Now, if the economic situation is good enough, people can be ´bought off´, in that they will be more or less content and not demand ´pesky´ rights (panem et circenses, the Romans knew it already). But when the economy turns sour and someone like Yanukovich tries to shore up his position in such a heavy-handed manner, people will start to protest. Picking an anniversary of the Orange Revolution only adds fuel to the flames. I really would not be surprised if this protest reaches the critical mass needed for a revolution.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
country flag arm

Quote:
f course this is about more than money, though it does lie at the root of it. Russia and EU aren´t merely two competing markets, they represent to a degree two competing civilisational systems. The attitude towards human rights, the environment, democracy, the rule of law and so on are all coloured by this civilisational outlook. And Ukraine has been fundamentally divided between the two since independence. Now, if the economic situation is good enough, people can be ´bought off´, in that they will be more or less content and not demand ´pesky´ rights (panem et circenses, the Romans knew it already). But when the economy turns sour and someone like Yanukovich tries to shore up his position in such a heavy-handed manner, people will start to protest. Picking an anniversary of the Orange Revolution only adds fuel to the flames. I really would not be surprised if this protest reaches the critical mass needed for a revolution.
Exactly. But one can only believe people can't be bought off that easily.

What is bothering me is that people don't seem to be aware of what is happening. In Europe, in the EU, let along outside of it. The government is trying to shut down the protests, using force, and controlling the media. The word needs to be spread out.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
The people are out in the streets voicing their opinion. Media is trying to manipulate the numbers and stop the "revolution" from spreading too much across the country. I have also had information from Ukrainians that are on spot that the police has already attacked peaceful protestants. I don't know where this is going, but this isn't simply about money and trades, this is about human rights, and it seems that Ukrainians realize that.

I wish them the best of luck!
I'm afraid that Ukraine will forever remain within the Russian sphere of influence, considering the geographical proximity to a near superpower, and because of the clout that ethnic Russians have within the country.

Not having heard about this in the news before seeing this thread, for a moment I thought that Protestants (religious sense) were being persecuted, but I think you mean "protestors."
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I'm afraid that Ukraine will forever remain within the Russian sphere of influence, considering the geographical proximity to a near superpower, and because of the clout that ethnic Russians have within the country.

Not having heard about this in the news before seeing this thread, for a moment I thought that Protestants (religious sense) were being persecuted, but I think you mean "protestors."
But of course

let me edit that!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Exceedingly pompous thread.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Exceedingly pompous thread.
Trolling and cynical posts in Nole Forum can be found?
Forum disruptions in Chat can be found?
Warnings for high level trolling for Leng Jai cannot be found?
MTF bandit can be found?

is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Right decision.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #11
country flag Trollicki

Timoshenko has gone into hunger strike oncemore.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Right decision.
You see these posts are unnecessary. Thanks for not contributing to the thread.

Quote:
Timoshenko has gone into hunger strike oncemore.
Read it too. You still think this is going somewhere? The protests?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
country flag Trollicki

From an outsiders perspective, it seems that the repudiation of this deal is something they find so symbolic and take so seriously, that people are willing to go out on the streets and stay there. The sheer numbers on the square say enough. If the protests will succeed depends on the response of the government; if they repress the protesters, they´ll only fan the flames.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
country flag Rychu

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Good decision for Ukraine, better to have a lone corrupt Ukrainian government than a second corrupted one controlling it from Brussels

Haas - Hewitt - Del Potro - Federer - Janowicz - Gasquet

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic

Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

it always nice to see the soviets countries sticking together.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote