Articles & Interviews - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 PM   #91
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Sorry I am not good enough in english!
I didn't understand the "he would not look out of place"
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 11:20 PM   #92
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

It means they think he has the body shape close to those of the second rows (who are on the second row in the scrum ,numbers 4 and 5...) but it's false since they are really "big" compared to him and he doesn't have a flat nose ( let alone one like an "old experienced already many times hurt" (lol does it even mean something?) second row nose...).
Yes the USA have a rugby team that fought really well the last time the French went touring North America...(last summer...) and they are making progress very quickly (that's what was said at that time by the press at least).
Julie i think it means :" il pourrait avoir sa place" (ne fais pas attention à la négation) or "il n'aurait pas l'air ridicule au milieu de/ en deuxième ligne..." (avec une tournure franchouillarde...).
It's really kind of you tg19 to react the way you do but i really think we (especially me...sorry about that again) got a bit carried away there...I think i'll stop now.

Last edited by delsa : 05-31-2005 at 11:34 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:05 AM   #93
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Delsa for the translation.
Then, I really disagree with this article. IMO he doesn't look like a rugbyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
It's really kind of you tg19 to react the way you do but i really think we (especially me...sorry about that again) got a bit carried away there...I think i'll stop now.
I did it too. Sorry for that tennisgirl. We were very off topic.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:27 AM   #94
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelical
So do you acknowledge yourself as a kiwi? I can imagine all the flack you'd cop in Oz for that lol. I'm from Auckland.

Mmm... Dan Carter! Oh yeah, go the Crusaders! Yeah, I'm from Auckland but I'm cheering on the Crusaders lol. I only become obsessed with rugby when the All Blacks are playing in the bigger international tournaments (like the World Cup) and at times I'll take a bit of interest in the Super 12
Sorry to head off track again I do consider my self kiwi but I don't tend to get too much thrown at me for it...I used to live in Auckland too

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 AM   #95
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for so much Delsa for explaining what that means. Of course I am still not 100 percent sure of everything rugby, but I believe I understand what you mean. So when they said "flat" nose they meant that a lot of the players break their noses often which causes it to become flat and since they believe he already has a flat nose he would be fit in perfectly? Stange if I am understanding that correctly. And that's great the US has a rugby team that is doing well. Its not popular here at all. If you ask most people they would probably have no idea what the sport is even about. I prefer it to American football from what I've seen of of it thus far. (A lot of people here if they talk about it relate it to American football)

You really don't have to aplogize for getting off topic. Its not big deal, and now I am even talking about rugby and I know hardly anything about it. lol Sometimes off topic things are good! It keeps a board/thread alive

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 AM   #96

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

btw *juile* are the players called rugbymen like you said in your post. I mean is that an official name for them? Just a bit curious b/c I like the way that sounds. hehe

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 06-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #97
country flag *julie*

Well I didn't pay attention to my sentence and "rugbyman" must sound very strange in english...
We also call the tennis players "tennismen" sometimes instead of "joueurs de tennis" because it is shorter I think.
But I don't really know if the french academy is happy with this "franglais"!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #98

Aww tennismen are soo cute too. I love that!! Its like an endearing nickname sort of thing (well I mean its sounds like that to me anyway, lol)

Franglish? LOL I always heard of Spanglish but never Franglish. But it makes sense if there is a term for a combination of English and Spanish,why shouldn't there be one for English and French

Old 06-02-2005, 02:50 AM   #99
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Spanglish? A film?
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 AM   #100
country flag angelical

angelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Franglish? LOL I always heard of Spanglish but never Franglish. But it makes sense if there is a term for a combination of English and Spanish,why shouldn't there be one for English and French
Franglish? Frenglish? that's what I speak! LOL
angelical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:12 PM   #101
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

i wanna post some from interview with marat safin in which safin tells something about his opinions on our richard and nadal, but i have no time recently, now let us see, i think marat likes richard very much ^_^

“ Q. Most people seem to be tipping Nadal, but you've seen Gasquet at Monte‑Carlo. What can you see in his game that's so special?

MARAT SAFIN: He's typical French player. He has beautiful technique, good serve. He can do everything. He can volley. He can play on the baseline.

And Nadal is little bit ‑‑ he's incredible player from the baseline. Doesn't miss one ball. He fights every single point. He doesn't have any huge weapons, but he is there all the time, he is consistent, he is fighting and he gonna be there forever.

Gasquet is more of a ‑‑ let's put it this way, more ‑‑ a nicer player, like nice technique, you know. Just beautiful. It's nice to watch him.

But Nadal, he's pretty good in the head. Mentally, he's really good. ”
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #102
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Nice guy this Marat

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #103
country flag richard gasquet

richard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond repute

thats why I like(like many others lol) so much marat he is so cool and humble.

thanks for the interview

Allez!
richard gasquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #104

Yes, Cindy Spanglish was a film. Thanks for reminding me of that

Great Marat interview. Gosh, he's even cooler in my book now!

Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #105
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen this film? i saw it, it's funny.

Richard Gasquet-----haha, a nice name!
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote