Articles & Interviews - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 PM   #76
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelical
Rugby is a massive sport where I'm from (NZ) so if Richard ever decides to give up tennis for rugby, he'll be very welcome here! hehe. (although rugby's such a rough game but at least there'd be tons of coverage)
A fellow Kiwi?! Bless...(Yes, I am actually from NZ ) Where abouts are you from?! And Sinead.....you know about Dan Carter?! (or did I mention him in one of my emails?! *lol*) That man is sex on legs and a wonderful wonderful wonderful player...so happy the Crusaders won on the weekend.

(P.S - I'm obsessed with rugby...wahahaha)

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

Last edited by lizabeth..* : 05-30-2005 at 11:28 PM.
lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 05:39 AM   #77
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

rugby? i know nothing about that. oh... is there a team named REd socks in America?? and i think i know a story about this team...

i like football, haha
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 AM   #78
country flag angelical

angelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond reputeangelical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth..*
A fellow Kiwi?! Bless...(Yes, I am actually from NZ ) Where abouts are you from?! And Sinead.....you know about Dan Carter?! (or did I mention him in one of my emails?! *lol*) That man is sex on legs and a wonderful wonderful wonderful player...so happy the Crusaders won on the weekend.

So do you acknowledge yourself as a kiwi? I can imagine all the flack you'd cop in Oz for that lol. I'm from Auckland.

Mmm... Dan Carter! Oh yeah, go the Crusaders! Yeah, I'm from Auckland but I'm cheering on the Crusaders lol. I only become obsessed with rugby when the All Blacks are playing in the bigger international tournaments (like the World Cup) and at times I'll take a bit of interest in the Super 12
angelical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:04 PM   #79
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Richard is a big fan of rugby as he precided in an interview before RG.

Ehh Liz, Jonah Lomu was at RG the last week, he was interviewed by our journalist ! He impresses me so much LOL

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:43 PM   #80
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Richard is a big fan of rugby as he precided in an interview before RG.

Ehh Liz, Jonah Lomu was at RG the last week, he was interviewed by our journalist ! He impresses me so much LOL
Yeah but his hometown team Beziers leaves the top 16 for the pro D2...he must be sad for them ...since i even read in an article that he used to train with the Serignan or Beziers team (don't remember which one exactly) for his physical exercises...so he must actually know a few players of the Beziers team. And in the region where he comes from rugby is a "religion" and a big part of the regional culture so...he must have rugby in his heart as an "héraultais"...
I love rugby too and i'm for the Stade toulousain (from Toulouse, France) the first team ever to be European champions for the third time!...
The French rugby team tour in South Africa and Australia begins in two weeks and i can't wait. I look forward to the exciting matches we're going to see even if the 'cockerells" loose...Madagascar used to be a fast improving new nation of rugby but everything has stopped since there have been political problems there but they are rebuilding...In the meantime i support the French team...since i live there...
I love football too like everyone that has a little bit of European blood in his veins (basically like "everybody" i'm tempted to say since it's almost the first sport everywhere except in North America and in the Pacific so...) it's a true "religion" here they love it so much and take it so (too much sometimes...) seriously except in the South of France where rugby is the first sport...
But Madagascar don't even have a football team: very depressing...
And yes Marine: Jonah Lomu, one of the best rugby player in the world was at RG!! He is such a great person.
Wow! that was a long post! That's what happens when someone brings me to the subject of rugby...

Last edited by delsa : 07-08-2005 at 12:04 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #81
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I know Richard trained with "le stade français" (paris rugby club) 2 years ago.
And he supports PSG in football.

Guy Forget
Old 05-31-2005, 07:52 PM   #82
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
I know Richard trained with "le stade français" (paris rugby club) 2 years ago.
And he supports PSG in football.
Oh! betrayer! lol (i guess he trained with the SF because he was missing the rugby atmosphere so much in Paris and it's more fun to work out with other people because working out sucks but he said many times that he supported Beziers (of course...how wouldn't he?) and followed their results and many commentators mentioned it during some of his matches...I know why you think he supports PSG (this group where he's supposed to have posted messages under the name richardpsg, right? Really it's evident that it was not him posting... but i think he may like this team)

Last edited by delsa : 05-31-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 PM   #83
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
I know why you think he supports PSG (this group where he's supposed to have posted messages under the name richardpsg, right? Really it's evident that it was not him posting... but i think he may like this team)
I didn't think to that... he said it several times, the last time in an itw 2 weeks ago, he uses to go to parc des princes when he can, he lives just next the stadium (so... nest to RG )

Guy Forget
Old 05-31-2005, 08:00 PM   #84
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa

Yeah but his hometown team Beziers leaves the top 16 for the pro D2...he must be sad for them ...since i even read in an article that he used to train with the Serignan or Beziers team (don't remember which one exactly) for his physical exercises...so he must actually know a few of the Beziers team. And in the region where he comes from rugby is a "religion" and a big part of the regional culture so...he must have rugby in his heart as an "héraultais"...
True that Rugby is a religion in Languedoc. (I must be the exception cos I am not really keen on Rugby!!!)

Btw, I don't know if he will be really affected by Beziers leaving the top 16. I don't remember where I saw that pic where he was wearing the shirt of the Stade Français. So probably, he supports Paris.

He betrayed his motherland!!!

*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 PM   #85
country flag Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
True that Rugby is a religion in Languedoc. (I must be the exception cos I am not really keen on Rugby!!!)

Btw, I don't know if he will be really affected by Beziers leaving the top 16. I don't remember where I saw that pic where he was wearing the shirt of the Stade Français. So probably, he supports Paris.

He betrayed his motherland!!!

ehhh it's couragious of him to admit his support for PSG and Le stade Français, people prefer generally to make fun of their supporters

Guy Forget
Old 05-31-2005, 08:23 PM   #86
country flag delsa

He doesn't support SF but likes them and know their players since he's part of the Paris Jean Bouin structure he's seeing them a lot...and Guazzini offered him the SF jersey it was written somewhere (i must find this article...) that he was wearing at the draw in Metz (that's the pic you're talking about...). So he supports PSG...no problem for me...but really in rugby that's Beziers, i'm sure of it. Of course Herault is not in the heart of the "Ovalie" since it's not (clearly) in the South-West (but still some people think it is so...) but really you are an "exception" julie i think... And there's Toulon in the South-East (the RCT will be in the top 14 again next season and their stadium (Mayol) which has one of the hottest atmosphere of all will be one of the best venues next year!!!) who steals the show...so Beziers is not the most appreciated team...
So many posts on this subject! lol!

Last edited by delsa : 06-11-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:48 PM   #87
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! And now people laugh at the Beziers team a lot cos it was a brilliant and legendary team (many titles) and from the day the city invested in this expensive stadium, the team collapsed.

No more good results and a magnificient stadium which is always empty...
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #88
country flag delsa

Yeah! Like a friend's grandpa says: " le grand Beziers c'était quelque chose" but he's 82...that alone says a lot about the fact that Beziers hasn't been good since a long long time...
But aren't we going a bit off topic here? (I know i kind of started all this but i think we should refocus, no?...)
Sorry about this. I hope we aren't annoying anyone...

Last edited by delsa : 05-31-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:21 PM   #89
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth..*

I only know about Daniel Carter from Jean(angelical) because I know that's she a fan of him and we were talking about him the other day with the 5/8 position. I've seen plenty of photos of him too.
As you can tell I have no nothing about rugby (since it isn't big here at all, does the US even have a rugby team?). All I know is that I like looking at some photos I've seen of the players, hehe.
The whole rugby talk is so confusing. I have no idea what's going on but it doesn't bother me. I am getting educated in other sports. lol

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:22 PM   #90
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

btw, one more thing I read an article on Richard about having a flat nose and a straight back which would make it perfect for rugby what does that even mean??

Here is the quote from it:
"Gasquet was born in Beziers, a southern French town better known for its rugby team than its tennis players, and the tall teenager would not look out of place in the second row with his flat nose, straight back and bullish neck."

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote