Articles & Interviews - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #811
country flag InfiniteSadness

InfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond reputeInfiniteSadness has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

You're welcome Julie. Thx for the good rep.

Last edited by InfiniteSadness : 12-07-2005 at 06:57 PM.
InfiniteSadness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 PM   #812
country flag Conita

Conita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond repute

cant read french (((
Old 12-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #813
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

A translation for the "non-francophones" Feel free to correct my mistakes.

Gasquet acts with caution
The french number 1 resumes smoothly

In his office of Roland Garros, Eric Deblicker looks at his watch, smiling. It's 1:50 PM and he has an appointment with Richard Gasquet for their 3rd training since the end of the physical training program in Val Thorens. "Each delay is fined but that hardly happens!" (Eric ) Indeed, the french number 1 is right on time, ready to train for 90 minutes. "Richard is not going to play 4 hours a day right now!" explains the coach. Doctor Montalvan gave us the green light but we are careful with everything: the tension of the strings, the equipment used, the strokes. It's the very beginning of the training resumption. I think that in Doha, (if we go there), there will be a physiotherapist with us, like at the Australian Open, besides." Deblicker wants to go in moderation, though he is reassuring: "Richard doesn't feel the pain anymore".
In this club, the Paris Jean Bouin, there even was a rumor going that he could play the double next week-end for the final of the french championship, in Rouen, but Deblicker is formal: "No way! Richard won't serve within the next 8/10 next days! For the moment, our trainings are only based on the baseline. We take our time. Richard will only play in tournaments if he is totally fit with a 4 hour-long autonomy/self-reliance (?).
The departure to Doha is planned on the 28th of december. I hope 3 weeks will be enough to reach this objective. But if we feel that he is not ready, we won't take any risks."

So, carefulness and prevention are the key-words of the moment. "Richard is going to work to reinforce/strenghten his shoulder to relieve his elbow, without changing his technique for all that".
Richard Gasquet asserts that he feels as fit as a fiddle: "I don't have any apprehensions. I don't feel the pain like in Metz. I am looking for the sensations. I would like to be able to be able to serve but playing from the baseline is quite a good thing. I am looking forward to going back to tournaments, especially after the physical training I did in the mountain. It's the first time I have worked so much. Mentally, it's gonna be very good for me to be able to play again."
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #814
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info!!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #815
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
A translation for the "non-francophones" Feel free to correct my mistakes.

[/i]
I wouldn't know a mistake in that translation if it hit me in the face.
I took french in high school (and college) and my teacher said I had the worst accent he ever heard. Then he mentioned how great my older sister had been at french.

I went on an archaelogical field school with a student from Univ. of Montreal. I tried french with her and she told me not to bother!!!
Other than that she was very nice.

Julie, I really do appreciate all the translations you do and all the other news and translations from all other nice souls.

Last edited by case : 12-07-2005 at 11:56 PM.
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #816
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Julie!

Hope everything goes well with their training sessions.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:27 AM   #817
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Richard confirmed for sydney.

Only a month away still think its not a great idea for him. but what do i know-NOTHING!!

Mathieu will be there too!
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #818
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for everything

The translation is amazing

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:43 AM   #819
country flag Bluemoon

Bluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Julie.
I hope he is gonna be good, and
we are going to see Gasquet in AO.
Bluemoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #820
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

If you speak italian, from tennis.it :
Quote:
GASQUET A TUTTA BIRRA
Ripresi gli allenamenti dopo l'infortunio, il francese si racconta: dai ricordi dell'esordio alle ambizioni per il 2006
di Amanda Lanari

Occhi blu, riccioli biondi ed un dono naturale per il tennis hanno fatto di Richard Gasquet il ragazzo che tutte le madri francesi desiderano per la propria giovane figlia. La Francia intera si è subito innamorata di questo 19enne di Beziers che viene dalla famiglia giusta, fa e dice sempre le cose giuste. Non avrà il carattere esplosivo di Noah o il carisma del suo “maestro” Sebastien Grosjean, ma ha saputo impugnare al meglio lo scettro di numero uno francese conquistandosi consensi unanimi proprio grazie alla sua educazione da bravo ragazzo di provincia, ad un’intelligenza sottile ed ad una volontà di ferro soltanto in parte velata dalla sua timidezza.

Una timidezza che scompare decisamente in campo e che gli ha permesso di essere, assieme a Marat Safin, l’unico tennista capace di battere quest'anno il leader mondiale Roger Federer nei quarti di Monte Carlo. La stagione in corso ha visto Gasquet vincere anche il suo primo torneo da professionista a Nottingham proprio il giorno del suo compleanno, il 18 di giugno .

Dopo un 2005 che lo ha definitivamente portato alla ribalta, il 19enne di Beziers è ormai pronto per assumere un ruolo da assoluto protagonista. E proprio in questi giorni Richard ha ripreso ad allenarsi per preparare al meglio la prossima stagione, dopo che un infortunio al polso desto lo aveva tenuto fermo per quasi due mesi. In questo periodo di inattività forzata siamo riusciti a farci concedere un'intervista esclusiva, che potrete gustarvi qui di seguito.

Il tennis mondiale a chi deve dire grazie se oggi tutti possono ammirare il tuo talento?
Prima di tutto grazie del complimento! Credo che il merito vada soprattutto ai miei genitori che mi hanno messo su un campo da tennis a soli quattro anni e poi mi hanno sempre sostenuto…

Mai avuto dubbi?
Forse qualcuno all’inizio, perché mi sono trovato a dover scegliere tra due passioni: il calcio ed il tennis. Non è stato semplice perché anche col pallone non me la cavavo male…

Perché allora il tennis?
Diciamo che è stata una scelta di famiglia…Mio padre e mia madre sono entrambi insegnanti di tennis e si può dire che la racchetta da noi è un po’ una tradizione. Lo sport più giusto insomma!

Rimpianti?
No, non direi proprio. Adesso sono convinto che uno sport individuale come il tennis si adatti decisamente di più al mio carattere e poi essere professionista ha molti lati positivi…

Per esempio?
Hai la possibilità di essere il protagonista di grandi tornei e di esserlo assieme a dei campioni veri che magari hai ammirato da piccolo.

Tu chi ammiravi?
Pete Sampras un po’ come tutti quelli della mia generazione… Uno dei miei sogni sarebbe sfidarlo, ma sulla terra per partire con un piccolissimo vantaggio!

I tuoi sogni professionali sono sicuramente anche altri, ti va di raccontarceli?
Sono i desideri e le aspirazione di tutti i giovani tennisti come me. Fare meglio di chi ti ha preceduto, vincere tornei importanti come gli Slam… Lasciare il proprio segno nella storia di questo sport insomma.

Fin’ora abbiamo parlato del bello del tennis, esiste anche un lato negativo?
Certamente come in tutti gli sport ed in tutte le carriere. Essere un professionista della racchetta ti porta a diventare un gira mondo e a volte ti mancano casa e gli amici. Poi ci sono gli stop per infortunio come il mio in questo momento, ma tutto si supera con la determinazione e la passione.

Di amici ne avrai anche sul Circuito, chi sono?
Tutti francesi in generale sia i giovani come me che i più “anziani” da cui puoi avere sempre un consiglio se ti serve.

Visto che abbiamo affrontato il discorso della Francia, qual è il tuo personale giudizio sullo stato di salute del tennis transalpino?
Credo che con ragazzi come me e Gael Monfils il futuro sia ben assicurato, ma ci sono davvero tanti giovani francesi che promettono grandi cose, sia in campo maschile che femminile. L’obiettivo comune è quello di crescere il più possibile e dominare in Coppa Davis, una competizione “cult” in Francia.

Passando ad una visione più ampia, com’è invece il futuro del tennis mondiale?
Anche in questo caso io credo che ci sarà da divertirsi grazie a noi giovani. Basta fare un nome per tutti: Rafael Nadal con cui confrontarsi è sempre un piacere ed uno spettacolo .
Google translator version, for a preview:

Quote:
GASQUET To ALL BEER
Resumed the training after the accident, the French is told: from the memories of the debut to the ambitions for 2006
Amanda Lanners

Blue eyes, riccioli blond men and a natural gift for tennis have made of Richard Gasquet the boy who all the French mothers wish for the own young person daughter. Entire France has endured itself in love of this 19enne of Beziers that comes from the just family, ago and says always the just things. It will not have the explosive character of Noah or the carisma of its "master" Sebastien Grosjean, but it has known to appeal R-al.meglio scettro of number one French being conquered unanimous consents just thanks to its education from Bravo boy of province, to a thin intelligence and one iron will in part only veiled from its shyness.

An shyness that to scompare together decidedly in field and that it has allowed it to be, to Marat Safin, the only able tennista to strike this year the world-wide leader Roger Federer in the quarters of Mount Carl. The season in course has seen Gasquet to gain also its first torneo from professional to Nottingham just day of its birthday, the 18 of june.

After a 2005 that it has definitively carried it to the ribalta, the 19enne of Beziers it is by now ready in order to assume a role from absolute protagonist. And just in these Richard days it has resumed to train itself in order to prepare R-al.meglio the next season, after that a accident to the wrist I arouse it had held it firm in order nearly two months. In this period of forced inactivity we are resolutions makes to grant an exclusive interview us, that you will be able to be tasted here of continuation.

World-wide tennis to who must say thanks if today all can admire your talent?
First of all thanks of I compliment! Creed that the merit goes above all to my parents who have put to me on a field from tennis to single four years and then they have always supported me...

Never had doubts?
Perhaps someone to the beginning, because they are found to having to me to choose between two passions: soccer and tennis. It has not been simple because also with the football not me the cavavo badly...

Why then tennis?
We say that it has been one chosen of family... My father and my mother is both teaching of tennis and can be said that the raquet from we is po' one tradition. The more just sport insomma!

Regretted?
Not, they did not say just. Now they are convinced that a sport characterizes them as tennis decidedly adapted more my character and then to be professional has many positive sides you...

As an example?
You have the possibility to be the protagonist of great tornei and it are it together to of the true champions who you have even admired from small.

You who admires to you?
Pete Sampras po' like all those of my generation... One of my dreams would be to defy it, but on the earth in order to leave with a smallest advantage!

Your professional dreams are sure also others, go to tell you to us them?
They are desires and the aspiration of all the tennisti young people like me. To make better than who has preceded to you, to gain important tornei like the Slam... To leave just the sign in the history of this sport insomma.

Fin' hour we have spoken about the beautiful one of tennis, exists also a side negative?
Sure like in all the sports and all the careers. To be a professional of the raquet you door to become turns world and to times house lacks you and the friends. Then there are the stop for accident like mine in this moment, but all one exceeds with the determination and the passion.

Of friends you will have some also on the Circuit, who are?
All French in a generalized manner are "the more old" young people like me that from which you can have always a council if she serves to you.

Inasmuch as we have faced the speech of France, which is your personal judgment on the state of health of tennis transalpino?
Creed that with boys as me and Gael Monfils the future is very insured person, but there are indeed many French young people who promise great things, is in male field that feminine. The common objective is that one to grow most possible and to dominate in Goblet Davis, one competition "cult" in France.

Passing to a wider vision, com' it is instead the future of world-wide tennis?
Also in this case I believe that there will be from amusing young thanks to we. Enough to make a name for all: Rafael Nadal with which being confronted it is always a pleasure and one show.
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:49 PM   #821
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialator
If you speak italian, from tennis.it :

Thanks Vialator
Gasquet to all beer ?
This translation is very confusing. Any italian speakers?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #822
country flag Vialator

Vialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond reputeVialator has a reputation beyond repute

After a google search :
Lorenzo tells me that "A Tutta Birra" usually means "Runs Faster", and that this expression is derived from the fact that British race horse trainers once gave beer to their charges to make them go faster.

So Richard drinks beer to play tennis

Last edited by Vialator : 12-08-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Vialator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #823
country flag *julie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vialator
After a google search :
Lorenzo tells me that "A Tutta Birra" usually means "Runs Faster", and that this expression is derived from the fact that British race horse trainers once gave beer to their charges to make them go faster.

So Richard drinks beer to play tennis
Nothing new then...
Case will like this
Old 12-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #824
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Vialator!!!

Google translations are so funny (but I speak Italian )

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #825
country flag Ayane

Ayane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond reputeAyane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniela_CABJ
thanks Vialator!!!

Google translations are so funny (but I speak Italian )
Really? you speak italian? So can you translate better this article ?

BlogStar of Richard Gasquet (in french)

Blog of Gilles Simon (in french)

Richard Gasquet Fans Group

Page Facebook of the blog of Richard Gasquet (in french & english)
Ayane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote