Articles & Interviews - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #751
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

It's OK, Ayane!
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #752
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayane
i read lequipe's articles and i think that my friend misunderstood the news or "il ma fait marcher" i don't know, i want to say to everyone that i'm very sorry for this confusion that i made for this new of Richard !!
Don't worry Ayane. Be happy about today's news
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:30 PM   #753
country flag case

case has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond reputecase has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Nice avator Julie.
I need to come up with a tennis one.

A little excitement (junk mail excites me) never hurt anyone Ayane. Nothing to apologize for. We do come here to talk about tennis and Gasquet my guess is some of it is not true! Gasquet seems to be a private guy. Some of the photos of him have the look of a deer caught in the car lights.

When (or if) Gasquet ever makes it back on the court I'll be thinking it could have been in April!
case is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #754
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

That is good news, thanks for all the information, everyone.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:58 PM   #755
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by case
Hi all

Nice avator Julie.
Thanks Case

Here is the translation of the interview. I apologise in advance for my english but I am a bit tired today and I did it quickly.

How are you?
Everything is fine. We have physically trained well for 1 month, whether in Roland Garros or here in Val Thorens for 6 days. It has been really good for me to be in altitude, to walk in the mountain. We progress a lot. I hope to practice again soon, because I am in a very good form. I am gonna have an IRM (medical test) on friday. I hope it will be conclusive. I really needed to take some rest to heal the injury the best I could. I hope I will be able to play next saturday or sunday.

With some distance now, what do you think about your season 2005 ? ( it might be boring to answer this question again, again and again...)
It's a very good season. I can hardly hope better. I have reached the 12th rank and I end the year at the 16th. I can't dream better, even if I could have played in Lyon and Bercy. Apart from this, I had really good results and I haven't lost any matches against players ranked outside the top 30. It was perfect.

What were the best moments of your season? ( not again!!!)
There has been my 1st match for the DC, my first title. Roland Garros has been great too. Many good things.

The new season will start within about 1 month. Will we see you at the Doha tournament?
I hope. I don't know yet. I really hope I ll be at the AO. As for Doha, we will see, I don't know. I really want to be healed the best I can.

After such an unavailability, can you set any objectives for the next season?
We will see what happens. I have to be healed at 100% before. I don't really set any objectives. I just want to do like this year, to play all my matches at 100%, and to do my best.

Are there any specific points you want to improve?
All of them. At 19 years old, everyone can progress. There has never been any perfect player at this age. I know I can progress in all the various fields of the game.

Is it imaginable for you to enter the top 10, and what is missing to do it?
I will have to play every weeks, to play as many matches as possible, to be the best, to be the most consistent. I am not that far with both my ranking, and my points.

Being 12th at the time you stopped the season, did you have any regrets seeing the players at the Masters?
Yes, of course, some regrets. I could have been there. It's like this, but I have had a good season, so. There will be some place next year.

France will play Germany in the 1st round of the DC in february. What do yu think about this match?
I hope I will be in the team and I will play, of course. Germany is a good team. This match will be tight. There are very good players in Germany and we will have to be very strong to win there.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #756
country flag Bluemoon

Bluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond reputeBluemoon has a reputation beyond repute

it's ok Ayane!
Now we are happy that he is ok.
Thank you for translation of the interview, Julie.
Bluemoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #757
country flag GonzoFan

GonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayane
i read lequipe's articles and i think that my friend misunderstood the news or "il ma fait marcher" i don't know, i want to say to everyone that i'm very sorry for this confusion that i made for this new of Richard !!
Don't worry Ayane it's ok! now all we have to do is celebrate the good news!

Richard Gasquet/Tomas Berdych/Marat Safin/Tommy Haas/Rafael Nadal/Andy Roddick/Marcos Baghdatis
All the chilean players and some others

"Just give 100 percent.
And that's not just in tennis or sports; that's in life.
If you give 100 percent, you'll have no regrets."
Lleyton Hewitt
GonzoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #758
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Ayane. Its really okay since it was an honest mistake.

But I am so relieved with all this news of him being able to play soon. I feel so happy

This really made my day!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:20 AM   #759
country flag Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond reputeFlibbertigibbet has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Really relieved about this - I hope the medical tests will go OK, and I really wish that his fitness should be as close to his best as it can get before the start of 2006. As long as his health is fine, Richard is going to be having a very good year, I'm sure.

I am a fan of Federer, Gasquet, Baghdatis, the long-deceased Safin, Youzhny, Nalbandian, Rochus, Tsonga, the sadly-departed Santoro, and good, hearty, competitive tennis matches. The quality of my life does not rest solely on who wins these matches. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that I can live quite happily after a player I like chokes, mugs, bashes, or otherwise succumbs to a loss.
Flibbertigibbet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:55 PM   #760
country flag Conita

Conita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond repute

Julie thanx soo much for the translation
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 PM   #761
country flag *julie*

You are welcome Conita

In l'équipe today:

Gasquet au sommet
Venu en altitude pour ciseler sa condition physique, le numéro 1 français n'a pas arrêté de courir depuis un mois.
Ecarté du circuit depuis le tournoi de Metz, début octobre, en raison d'une blessure persistante au coude droit, Richard Gasquet a d'abord pris un peu de bon temps avant de mettre à profit sa convalescence pour endurcir son corps. Après cette intense débauche d'efforts qui s'est poursuivie ces jours derniers lors du stage fédéral organisé à Val-Thorens, l'actuel numéro 17 mondial espère reprendre la raquette en fin de semaine.

Val-Thorens, de notre envoyé spécial

Monté très haut pour ne travailler que le bas (du corps), Richard Gasquet a bouclé hier à Val-Thorens (2300 m d'altitude) son premier mois d'une préparation atypique et forcenée. "Un programme de bison", a résumé Paul Quétin, préparateur physique de l'équipe de France de Coupe Davis, attaché aux basques d'un numéro 1 français dont il est momentanément devenu l'interlocuteur et le "tortionnaire" exclusif. Avec son coude fissuré à protéger, jamais Gasquet n'avait été si longtemps privé de l'usage de sa raquette. Au crépuscule d'une saison où la planète tennis ne bruissait que de polémiques relatives au surmenage, il a donc eu le luxe d'en baver longtemps, énormément et spécifiquement. Sachant qu'il ne pouvait soulever aucune haltère, manier aucun ustensile de ping-pong, piquer aucun bâton de ski en tout genre, ni même planter la fourchette dans la marmite à fondue, il a poussé sur les jambes et forcé sur le coeur pour travailler ce "coffre" physique parfois vacillant quand s'enchaînent les matches sur le circuit. Footing au bois de Boulogne (Paris), randonnées sur la piste du Grand Fond (Val-Thorens), il a expérimenté toutes les altitudes et les surfaces en boue, terre, neige et glace de son grand-chelem de la préparation foncière. "L'enfer! C'était guerrier. Quand je vous dis qu'on a gravi un mur de glace, c'est que c'était un mur. A la fin de certaines courses, même si je sentais que j'allais très vite, je ne pouvais plus faire un centimètre de plus..." Au terme de chacune de ses sorties, ses commentaires trahissaient rituellement l'exténuation d'un tennisman devenu marathonien des bois et des cimes.
Heureusement, après une semaine de doutes liés à sa rechute au coude lors du tournoi de Metz, le jeune Français avait pu emmagasiner des doses d'influx en coupant les ponts du 14 au 31 octobre pour une oasis de repos complet, là encore totalement incongrue dans un monde où la balle ne cesse de rebondir. Avec sa mère, il s'était sagement acquitté de son quota résidentiel dans son nouveau fief de Neuchâtel, troublant la trop grande quiétude des liex en passant le code de la route et en taquinant les poissons du lac."Quatre-cinq jours, c'est encore tenable" , soufflait le résident suisse. Plus motivé, il avait enchaîné pas "quelques sorties avec les potes" dans le camp natal de Sérignan dans le Sud de la France. Et le lundi qui scellait l'ouverture du tournoi de Bercy, le 31 octobre, il s'était retrouvé presque tout seul à Roland Garros pour lancer son "module globule" avec Paul Quétin. Footing, fractionnés, footing, fractionnés, séances abdominales, footing, fractionnés, le planning immuable dans le bois de Boulogne, traversé à la moyenne de 20-21 km/h en cinq blocs de dix minutes d'efforts, voulait de toute évidence capitaliser sur l'endurance et le renforcement musculaire. Pour oxygéner le tout, Gasquet réside depuis jeudi à Val-Thorens, figé en crapahuteur des neiges dans sa lourde combinaison noire. "Ca me fera du bien, mais qu'est-ce qu'on se met avec Paul!" Lui aussi au pic de sa forme après ce mois passé à régénérer son patient et cette dernière semaine à tenter de s'approcher au plus près de la cime Caron (3200m d'altitude), le préparateur physique affiné affiche 73,6 kg sur la balance. Et s'il a perdu samedi dernier à ce jeu de foot-hand où les points s'accumulent en frappant les poteaux des cages (6-4, 7-6 pour rappeler le tennis à Gasquet et sa belle patte de gaucher), il n'en veut pas à son élève très discipliné. "Comme on a des ambitions très élevées pour Richard, et qu'il les a également, il fallait s'astreindre à ce travail foncier et profiter de cette coupure significative. Et aujourd'hui, les critères de terrain sont très clairs. Il a un très, très bon niveau. On a désormais affaire à un Richard qui, s'il avait quelques lacunes au niveau de l'endurance, a comblé une bonne partie de son retard. Il m'a surpris par sa détermination. Parfois, il souhaitait se mettre dans le rouge tout seul et il n'était plus question pour moi de le suivre au niveau de l'effort à fournir. Il m'a même demandé une séance d'exercices pour le dimanche. Il m'a dit : "Je la ferai tout seul." C'est un peu nouveau. Cette motivation qu'on pouvait avoir pour lui est devenue sa motivation."
Totalement régénéré, Gasquet repartira demain de Val-Torens, dans l'attente du feu vert médical (il passera une IRM vendredi) pour reprendre le travail spécifique d'un tennisman. Inscrit au tournoi de Doha en début d'année prochaine, il ne participera pas à la tournée initialement prévue sur terre battue en Amérique Latine. Ayant ajouté les tournois de Barcelone et de Stuttgart à son programme classique d'un membre du top 20, il espère seulement ne plus revenir de sitôt dans l'univers âpre des chamois.

Franck Ramella

I won't have time to translate it but the article deals with his physical training in the Alps. It says he particularly improved a lot his stamina. We also learn that he has added Barcelona and Stuttgart in his 2006 schedule.

Maybe some french speaking members will have the courage to translate the whole thing...

Last edited by *julie* : 11-30-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:24 PM   #762
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Why does he want to play a claycourt event (Stuttgart) after Wimbledon? Paulo must have influenced him.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #763
country flag silverwhite

Wow! Richard sounds motivated to work hard! This should make for a good 2006, I hope. I'm still not sure about his scheduling though...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #764
country flag Conita

Conita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond reputeConita has a reputation beyond repute

Aww i translated the note thing on google and it came out like this:

In the today team: Gasquet at the top Come in altitude to engrave its physical condition, number 1 French has not stopped running for one month. Drawn aside of the circuit since the tournament of Metz, at the beginning of October, because of a persistent wound to the right elbow, Richard Gasquet initially took a little good time before making profitable its convalescence to harden its body. After this intense vice of efforts which continued these last days at the time of the organized federal training course with Valley-Thorens, current world number 17 hopes to take again the racket in weekend. Valley-Thorens, of our special correspondent Assembled to work only bottom very high (of the body), Richard Gasquet buckled yesterday with Valley-Thorens (2300 m of altitude) its first month of an atypical and exaggerated preparation. "a program of bison", summarized Paul Quétin, physical preparer of the team of France of Cut Davis, attache with the Basque of a number 1 French of which he temporarily became the interlocutor and "of torture the" exclusive one. With its elbow fissured to protect, never Gasquet had not been so a long time private use of its racket. In the one season twilight when the planet tennis bruissait only of polemic relating to overwork, it thus had the luxury to dribble about it a long time, enormously and specifically. Knowing that it could not raise any haltère, to handle any ustensil of table tennis, to prick any ski stick in any kind, nor to even plant the fork in the fondue pot, it pushed on the legs and forced on the heart to work this physical "trunk sometimes" wavering when the matches are connected on the circuit. Jogging with the wood of Boulogne (Paris), excursions on the track of the Deep sea (Valley-Thorens), it tried out all altitudes and surfaces out of mud, ground, snow and ice of its large-slam of the land preparation. "the hell! It was warlike. When I say to you that a wall of ice was climbed, it is that it was a wall. With end of certain races, even if I felt that I went very quickly, I could not make one centimetre more more... " At the end of each one of its exits, its comments ritually betrayed the extenuation of a tennis player become marathonian of wood and summits. There fortunately, after one week of doubts related to his relapse with the elbow at the time of the tournament of Metz, the young French had been able to store amounts of impulse while cutting the bridges from the 14 to October 31 for an oasis of complete rest, still completely incongruous in a world where the ball does not cease rebounding. With his mother, it had wisely discharged its residential quota in its new stronghold of Neuchâtel, disturbing the too great quietude of the liex while passing the highway code and by teasing fish of the lac."Quatre-cinq days, it is still bearable ", blew the Swiss resident. More justified, it had connected not "some exits with the pals" in the native camp of Sérignan in the South of France. And Monday which sealed the opening of the tournament of Bercy, October 31, it had been found almost all alone in Roland Garros for launching his "module globule" with Paul Quétin. Jogging, split, jogging, split, abdominal meetings, jogging, split, immutable planning in the wood of Boulogne, crossed to the average of 20-21 km/h in five ten minute old blocks of efforts, wanted obviously to capitalize on the endurance and the muscular reinforcement. To oxygenate the whole, Gasquet has resided for Thursday at Valley-Thorens, fixed as a crapahutor of snows in his heavy black combination. "Ca will make me good, but what one is put with Paul!" He also with the peak of its form after this month spent to regenerate its patient and this last week to try to approach with more close to the summit Charon (3200m of altitude), the refined physical preparer posts 73,6 kg on the balance. And if it lost last Saturday with this play of foot-hand where the points accumulate by striking the posts of the cages (6-4, 7-6 to recall tennis to Gasquet and its beautiful leg of left-handed person), it does not want any with its very disciplined pupil. "Like there are very high ambitions for Richard, and that it also has them, it was necessary to be compelled with this land work and to benefit from this significant cut. And today, the criteria of ground are very clear. It has one very, very good level. There is from now on business in a Richard who, if it had some gaps on the level of the endurance, filled a good part of his delay. It has surprised me by its determination. Sometimes, it wished to be put in the all alone red and it was not any more question for me of following it to the level of the effort required. It even asked for to me a meeting of exercises for Sunday. It said to me: "I will do it all alone." It is a little new. This motivation which one could have for him became its motivation." Completely regenerated, Gasquet will set out again tomorrow of Valley-Torens, in waiting of the medical green light (it will pass a IRM Friday) to resume the specific work of a tennis player. Registered in the tournament of Doha at the beginning of next year, it will not take part in the round initially envisaged on ground beaten in Latin America. Having added the tournaments of Barcelona and Stuttgart to its traditional program of a member of signal 20, it only hopes more not to return from as soon as in the rough universe of the chamois.
Franck Ramella

hope the translation is ok

thanx again julie for the info
Old 11-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #765
country flag Sweet4Richard

Sweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond reputeSweet4Richard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article and translation

He does sound motivate to get in his best physical shape possible for 2006. Great job Richard Hopefully his results will reflect his hard work.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Richard "the Federer of Nottingham" Gasquet

Edouard Roger-Vasselin
Sweet4Richard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote