Articles & Interviews - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #31
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Was that Guy Forget?
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2005, 06:50 PM   #32
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

The interviewer is our famous Nelson Monfort, but Guy Forget talked to Richard (the voice you can hear is ones)

Questionned about his idoles, Richard answered "Sampras...Guy in davis cup", so the ther commentator said "ohh crawler ! lol" then Richard "No no it's true..." lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 PM   #33
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
The interviewer is our famous Nelson Monfort, but Guy Forget talked to Richard (the voice you can hear is ones)

Questionned about his idoles, Richard answered "Sampras...Guy in davis cup", so the ther commentator said "ohh crawler ! lol" then Richard "No no it's true..." lol
I sort of got that part.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:17 PM   #34
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

which kind can tell me whether there is something interesting in this interview? richard's voice sounds like sporty, but it is good and his smile is so so wonderful, thks to marine ^_^
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:17 PM   #35
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all the recent Richard videos are there even the one from the Tv news! Good job France 2!
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:36 PM   #36
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the video. In my opinion, Richard's voice is sexy. The again I have a thing for guys with accents(particualy French accents) so I guess you can't go by me. lol

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:35 AM   #37

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Post Match Interview- 1st round

Q. After your great week in Hamburg where you made the final against Federer, you came here of course with a lot of confidence. What is your realistic goal here in Paris? How far can you go?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) How far can I go? Well, I want to win the second round, absolutely. It's difficult because all the players have nothing to lose against me. I'm seeded. But I want to go at least to the third round. The third round will be very tough. I know I can win the second round if I'm really good. After that, there will be Nadal. This is a big match. I'm not sure I'm going to win.

I already hope to win the second round.

Q. Did you know Bracciali? What do you think about his way to play?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) I knew him already because I lost against him two years ago, but it was different then. Of course, he's very dangerous. He hits the ball very early. For me, it's very difficult to play against a player hitting the ball so early and taking his chances. He was serving very well.

He had the pressure. He was hitting and I was defending. I'm not used to that. It was difficult. He played very good, and I really tried to fight until the end. After I was able to pick up my game, and at the end of the match I played very well ‑ fortunately for me.

Q. Are you looking ahead at all to the fight you might have with Nadal?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) Of course, when I saw the draw, I was already thinking about it. It's fabulous here in the French Open to imagine that. He's a very nice guy, and I love his game.

But before that, I have to win on Wednesday, and it's not easy. I will have to be solid and physical. But I do hope I will have the opportunity to play against Nadal, of course.

Q. How do you feel about all the media attention you're getting here in your home country?

RICHARD GASQUET: (In French.) It's true that there are a lot of expectations on me, and I played well recently, so it's not obvious for me. This is the reason why you're playing tennis, because you want to have people with you. When you go onto the court, you want to have a big crowd in a great tournament. It's absolutely great to have those conditions now.

Having the pressure means that people are talking about tennis. It's good for the tennis. And they're happy when I win.

THE MODERATOR: Questions in French, please.

Q. I felt you were tense in the beginning of the match. Was it an impression or was it true?

RICHARD GASQUET: It was true. At 6‑3, I was not feeling good. It was not easy in the beginning because he was playing well and I was far from my best level, so I tried to fight back and do my best. I knew that at one point he would go down a little bit, and that's what happened.

So during the third and fourth set, I played very well. I had a high level of game. I had better topspin and was able to win many points that way. I was very happy with the way I finished off the match.

Q. How do you explain that in the beginning of the match you were tense?

RICHARD GASQUET: Well, I had good results behind me from Hamburg. I really wanted to continue here, so I put myself pressure for this match. There were many people. It was the French Open. It was not an easy match. I tried to move my legs. I'm very happy I pulled out from this match after beginning the match in an awful way. The way I finished the match was beautiful because otherwise I'm not sure I would have won.

Q. At the end of the first and beginning of the second, did you have a letdown?

RICHARD GASQUET: Well, I was seeing that around me everybody was panicking. It was difficult for me. I saw my coach and my father putting on faces (smiling). For me, it was very bad. I was not feeling good. I can't say otherwise. But then I started fighting and I played better and better. He went down a little bit, so I enjoyed myself a little bit from then on. I was very pleased to win.

Q. We saw you making gestures of joy more than against Federer. It means this first victory in a Grand Slam was very important?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yes, it was a very important victory. It was very important to me to win the first round in the French Open. I was almost as happy as when I beat Federer in Monte‑Carlo, although it was a very good victory then.

Still I started the match very badly this time. When I lost 6‑3, when he had breakpoints, I was in a very bad situation. I was able to turn it around for me. I was very pleased with that.

Q. We have the feeling the first game of the second set was very important when you saved the two breakpoints. Maybe you were more relaxed afterwards. >

RICHARD GASQUET: Yes, I was more relaxed because I knew I had to win that second set absolutely, and I should not be down a break from the beginning because he was serving well, so it would make things difficult.

After, during the third and fourth, I was able to play beautiful shots. I was very pleased with those beautiful shots.

Q. Is it more impressive to play in the French Open rather than Federer in Monte‑Carlo?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yes, it's more impressive here because it's the biggest tournament in the world. It's different from other tournaments. I was more tense here than in the final in Hamburg or in Monte‑Carlo. Here is very special.

Q. You are the same age as Nadal. Normally you would play against him in the third round. How can you define his personality, his tennis?

RICHARD GASQUET: Well, first of all, both of us will have to win our next match. It's not sure he'll win. I'm not sure I'm going to win. He's an exceptional player. He plays very good tennis. He has no weaknesses, almost none. There's nothing else to say. To win against him, you have to be at your top level. It's a big match.

I have beautiful memories when I played against him last time, so playing against him will be nice. He's very, very strong.

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 05-24-2005, 04:06 AM   #38
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Marine for the video and tennisgirl19 for the interview!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #39
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Thanks for the video. In my opinion, Richard's voice is sexy. The again I have a thing for guys with accents(particualy French accents) so I guess you can't go by me. lol
What you may not know is that Richard has an accent when he speaks French too since he comes from the south of France he has this lilting (is that the correct term??? hope i can rely on my Harrap's dictionnary) accent that makes us imagine the sunny lands of the "Midi"...
Old 05-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #40
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
What you may not know is that Richard has an accent when he speaks French too since he comes from the south of France he has this lilting (is that the correct term??? hope i can rely on my Harrap's dictionnary) accent that makes us imagine the sunny lands of the "Midi"...
Exactly
He'a the accent of the south. It sounds more "rugby" than "tennis" for me, cos our french rugbymen come from the south and always speak with the accent ! lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #41
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine
Exactly
He'a the accent of the south. It sounds more "rugby" than "tennis" for me, cos our french rugbymen come from the south and always speak with the accent ! lol
Yeah he comes from the region of rugby but too bad he's loosing his beautiful accent growing up and maybe because he went to Paris too and travels so much...He doesn't get to speak with people of the Languedoc that much now... But he still have the most pronunced accent of all the French tennismen...
Old 05-24-2005, 10:08 PM   #42

Interesting accent information. I would of never guessed, but thanks for that!!!
Whatever his accent is, I like. lol

P.S. When you said litling all I think of is an Irish brogue (being that I'm Irish). You know the Irish lilt? Lol All I thought of was Richard speaking with an Irish brogue. lol ugh, nevermind I'm rambling

Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 PM   #43
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Interesting accent information. I would of never guessed, but thanks for that!!!
Whatever his accent is, I like. lol

P.S. When you said litling all I think of is an Irish brogue (being that I'm Irish). You know the Irish lilt? Lol All I thought of was Richard speaking with an Irish brogue. lol ugh, nevermind I'm rambling
It must not be the right word! lol! Is singing/ singy accent an existing English expression? Please can any French speaker help? How would you translate "chantant"?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:30 AM   #44
country flag Daniela_CABJ

Daniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond reputeDaniela_CABJ has a reputation beyond repute

Chantant = singer

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

*LINK TO RICHARD GASQUET OFFICIAL WEBSITE*

TOMÁŠ BERDYCH
Daniela_CABJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:17 AM   #45
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atenea
Chantant = singer
I think it is chanteur = singer...But thank you!