Articles & Interviews - Page 274 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #4096
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

made me laugh I thought yeah right like you go shopping anyway, everything you own is from lacoste
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #4097
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

my thoughts , exactly !
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #4098
country flag Gasquetno.1

Gasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know who the girls he's talking about are!
Gasquetno.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #4099
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Must be Fransexca and Sexlana
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #4100
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
made me laugh I thought yeah right like you go shopping anyway, everything you own is from lacoste
Yes he was at the "Head Party" yesterday with a polo Lacoste

Putain que c'est ringard ! Who want to learn him to go shopping ?

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ri...ation_a80899/1
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #4101
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post

Putain que c'est ringard !
Who want to learn him to go shopping ?

http://www.purepeople.com/article/ri...ation_a80899/1

Mais moi aussi, j'aime bien ce style simple et propre
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #4102
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #4103
country flag Cloudygirl

Is there an interview in l'equipe today? I saw someone post there was on twitter. Any chance of someone posting it or a translation even if any one feels like assisting a lazy bum like me.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #4104
country flag Cloudygirl

Quote:
News & Photos: Interviews
R. Gasquet - third round
Friday, 24 June 2011

R. Gasquet bt. S. Bolelli 6 3, 6 2, 6 4

Q. You have reached the last 16. How do you feel your game is going?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I'm feeling good. I didn't lose a set, so I'm playing good. I played well today. It was a dangerous opponent; he won Wawrinka, so...

But at the start I had to play well to be confident. He fell down a little bit, and that was the key of the match. I wanted to be aggressive and to lead the game. I played two very good set, and after I felt a little bit pressure. But I finished the match with a good serve.

Q. Can I ask you, do you remember obviously your match with Murray here? What are your memories of that match three years ago?

RICHARD GASQUET: It was for me a good memory really, even if I lost. I played very well. I remember the crowd were very impressive. We told all the time, English, Wimbledon, it's quiet. But it was incredible. A lot people were cheering for him.

I remember the third and the fourth and the fifth set it was very difficult for me to play, because a lot guys were it was a lot of noise. I could finish in three set. I had a break 5 4 for me, but he fights a lot and I couldn't finish the match.

Q. You wanted them to stop because of the light.

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I remember.

Q. Do you think they should have stopped?

RICHARD GASQUET: It was hard to see. Hard to see. I were losing. He was very confident.

But as I said, the crowd help him a lot this day. I remember it was very noisy.

Q. How much harder do you think it is three years later? How much better is an Andy?

RICHARD GASQUET: He's better for sure, because when I played him he were maybe 12 in the world, maybe 12 or 13 in the world. So now he's 4, so he's much better.

But it was a good match for him, and after he won I remember one month later in Cincinnati, and he had the US Open. So he improve a lot in this period three years ago. Now he's much better than when I played him three years ago.

But if I have to play against him, I have for sure nothing to lose.

Q. Do matches like that have a psychological effect on players, or do you have to find a way of putting memories to one side?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, I always played well against him. I always won the first two sets in Roland Garros, so I hope not to win the first two sets this time. (Smiling.)

But, yeah, all the time. But he's fighting a lot. That's difficult, because he's putting all the balls in the court. He's very clever. He's one of the best player in the world.

Yeah, but both time I played him in Roland Garros and Wimbledon I was playing very well. Even if I lost, it was a good match, good matches for me.

Q. What part of his game has improved the most, do you think?

RICHARD GASQUET: Just he's playing faster than before. Before he played a little bit slow, and now he's playing very fast. He's aggressive. He's powerful. He has a big serve, big forehand. He's running everywhere.

He's also a very clever player. He knows how to win the points. No, he's one of the best player of the world for sure. He can win a Grand Slam soon.

Q. Did you speak after the matches in Roland Garros and back here? Was there any conversation?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, no, no, not so much. Yeah, I could win really. Two sets and 5 4, I could win the match, yeah.

But I hope to win two sets against him another time, but it's always tough to play because he's fighting a lot.

Q. As you say, there is a big help for a British player playing here, but there is also a lot pressure, isn't there? Can you understand that that pressure can be negative sometimes?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, but I think he used to. I think he did some semi-finals here, so now he's more mature. He's 24 years old, so for him it's now. He has to win this year, next year. That's the best time for him to play his best game in Wimbledon.

Q. You've run into both Nadal and Djokovic twice each this year. How would you evaluate them here on grass?

RICHARD GASQUET: Incredible even on grass. You know, Rafael won last year; Djokovic is playing unbelievable. So for sure that four players are the favourite. Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, and Federer, those are the big favourites of the tournaments.

But I think Nadal is one of the he's the favourite of the tournament for me more than the other one because he won last year and he won Roland Garros. But everybody can win, I think.

Q. You missed two years here. How much do you enjoy Wimbledon?

RICHARD GASQUET: I'm enjoying a lot. Yes, I missed two years here, so it's a lot. Last time I played it was against Murray in 2008. It's a long time.

So maybe if I have again to play against him, it's very good for me. I'm very happy.

Q. You're having a good year. Are you playing as well now as in 2008 or better?

RICHARD GASQUET: I'm playing good. Yeah, I'm 13 in the world, so I'm improving my level every week. I played well in Roland Garros. No, I'm playing good, I think. It's a good match for me. It's good for me to win second week, and I will try to go...

Q. You're happy on grass as well, aren't you?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I'm happy to be there. Happy to play again. I missed as I said two years Wimbledon, so I'm happy to be there. I'm happy to be there and I can play and I'm enjoying it. It's very nice to play here in Wimbledon.

Q. Do you still have ambitions of winning Grand Slams yourself?

RICHARD GASQUET: It's tough. It's tough, because when I was second week in Roland Garros I had to win Djokovic, then Federer, then Nadal. Even here in 2007 I won in semi-final I had to win the same: Federer and Nadal.

So even if I'm not far, you are far because you need to win the best after. So I don't know if I can, but I'll try to go farther as I can.

Q. About your foundation, what do you hope to achieve with that?

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, I need to do it again, because I had some problems two years ago. I had a lot of things to think. But I will try to do it again, because I stop a little bit. I will try to do something this year again.

Q. But the idea was to use sport to help...

RICHARD GASQUET: Yeah, in the south of France with the children, the poor children. No, for sure I have to do it again.
from the wimby website.

Quote:
Q. Do matches like that have a psychological effect on players, or do you have to find a way of putting memories to one side?

RICHARD GASQUET: No, I always played well against him. I always won the first two sets in Roland Garros, so I hope not to win the first two sets this time. (Smiling.)
erm no you want to win 3 consecutive sets you numpty
Old 06-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #4105
country flag Gasquetno.1

Gasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetno.1 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha at least we know if he loses the first 1 or 2 sets it's allllll part of the plan
Gasquetno.1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #4106
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet : "Je dois mieux faire"

En conférence de presse, Richard Gasquet est revenu sur sa défaite 7-6 6-3 6-2 face à Andy Murray. Le Français reconnait la supériorité de son adversaire en ajoutant toutefois que le gain de la première manche aurait pu changer le match. Il déclare vouloir continuer à travailler pour diminuer l'écart qui le sépare des tout meilleurs joueurs mondiaux.

Pouvez-vous nous résumer ce match ?
Le premier set me fait mal. On a joué presque une heure, je perds, je prends un coup. J'ai eu quelques occasions en début de deuxième set mais il a très très bien servi. Dans l'ensemble il a été au-dessus.

Qu'est-ce qu'il vous a manqué ? De la puissance ?
De la puissance, on n'ira pas jusque là. Mais il sert très bien, il remet tout, il défend bien. C'est un grand joueur. Mais ça, on le savait déjà.

L'avez-vous trouvé au-dessus par rapport à il y a 3 ans ?
Il est plus fort qu'il y a 3 ans. Il est 4e mondial. Il a super bien joué aujourd'hui. Physiquement il est très bon, il est super rapide. Il a tous les coups du tennis. Si j'avais gagné le premier set, je pense que c'était un autre match. Mais quoi qu'il arrive, il a été devant. Les conditions l'avantagent mais je pouvais mieux faire aussi.

Qu'est-ce que vous retenez de ce match ?
Qu'il a été plus fort. Il était chez lui, sur son court. En plus le gazon l'avantage. Donc je me dis que la prochaine fois, j'aurai une carte à jouer. Je ressors de ce match avec des enseignements mais il a été plus fort que moi aujourd'hui. Moi je suis content de la première semaine que j'ai fait. Quand tu joues les 4-5 premiers c'est toujours beaucoup plus difficile. Ces quatre-là sont vraiment au-dessus. De mon côté, le niveau revient pas mal. Je vais essayer de continuer sur ma lancée.

Un bilan de votre première moitié de saison ?
Je jouais beaucoup moins bien en début de saison. Si on m'avait dit en janvier que j'aurais ce bilan-là fin juin, j'aurais signé. Je retrouve un bon niveau, je joue je pense entre 10 et 15 mondial. Je vais essayer de continuer à grapiller, de progresser. C'est clair que je dois mieux servir, mieux retourner. Il y a quand même un petit écart avec des joueurs comme Murray. Aujourd'hui il y avait même un bel écart. Donc je dois mieux faire et je vais essayer de continuer à progresser.

Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/wim-decla/37193-gasquet

For those of you who read French. And if you want, you can listen to it at the FFT-site.

Sorry, I have no time to tranlsate. It is a longer version of the summary posted in the other thread. To me it is a realistic interpretation, no complaints or excuses, and the determination to improve.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #4107
country flag silverwhite

He really thinks that grass favours Murray over him?

To cut him some slack, his only bad loss these few months was the one to Gimeno-Traver. Still, there seems to be some mental block against the top players that he cannot seem to overcome for some reason. Maybe he respects/fears them too much. Other than that win against Roger, he has hardly stretched the "Big 4" this year
Old 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #4108
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
He really thinks that grass favours Murray over him?
He has not played against a top guy on grass for 3 years which certainly favours him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Still, there seems to be some mental block against the top players that he cannot seem to overcome for some reason. Maybe he respects/fears them too much. Other than that win against Roger, he has hardly stretched the "Big 4" this year
who else has from those on Richard's level?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #4109
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
He has not played against a top guy on grass for 3 years which certainly favours him.

who else has from those on Richard's level?
Huh? What I meant was that clay is probably the only surface which he would prefer to play Murray on

I thought the point was to progress and not to stay at the same level?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #4110
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.welovetennis.fr/coupe-davis/37599-gasquet

Quote:
Coupe Davis > Gasquet : "La Coupe Davis m'a manqué"

Sélectionné pour la première fois depuis 2008 pour un simple à enjeu en Coupe Davis, Richard Gasquet s'est dit "très heureux" de ce retour sous le maillot bleu. Le Français est maintenant concentré sur son objectif : battre Florian Mayer et apporter le premier point à l'équipe de France.

Trois ans et demi que vous n'aviez plus joué en simple. Et vous-voilà de retour!
Ça fait plaisir. En Coupe Davis, on a des sensations très différentes des autres tournois. Je suis très heureux d'être là. Maintenant, jouer n'est pas une finalité. Ce qu'il faut, c'est gagner ce point pour mener 1-0. C'est important pour ce week-end.

Avez-vous eu des doutes de ne pas rejouer en équipe de France?
J'étais à chaque fois déçu d'être 5e homme. Mais ce n'était pas la fin du monde, il fallait accepter. La Coupe Davis m'a manqué. Ça me fait super plaisir de jouer à nouveau. Mais je le répète, il faut surtout essayer de gagner ce match, c'est le plus important.

Comment abordez-vous ce simple face à Florian Mayer?
Je suis pas mal en confiance. J'ai plutôt bien joué ces derniers temps. Wimbledon, Roland Garros, c'était pas mal. Je vais essayer de faire un grand match pour gagner ce point. Il sera important de bien démarrer dans la mesure où ça fait longtemps que je n'ai plus joué en Coupe Davis. Sinon, la surface me va très bien. J'aime bien la terre battue, le court est de bonne qualité. De toute façon, ce sera le niveau de jeu qui primera.

Parlez-nous de votre adversaire, un peu méconnu du grand public.
Mayer est 20e mondial, c'est un bon joueur. Il a un jeu atypique, différent de ce qu'on voit sur le circuit. Il joue pas mal en changements de rythme et possède un super revers. On joue à l'extérieur, il est chez lui et prêt à tout donner. Mais moi aussi, je suis prêt à tout faire pour gagner.
Quote:
Davis Cup> Gasquet: "I ​​missed the Davis Cup"

Selected for the first time since 2008 for a simple issue in the Davis Cup, Richard Gasquet said he was "delighted" that back in the blue jersey. French is now focused on its goal to beat Florian Mayer and provide the first point in the France team.

Three and a half years that you have not played in singles. And you're back!
It's nice. In Davis Cup, there are sensations very different from other tournaments. I am very happy to be there. Now playing is not an end. What is needed is to win this point to lead 1-0. This is important for this weekend.

Have you had any doubts do not play again for France?
Every time I was disappointed to be fifth man. But it was not the end of the world it had to accept. I missed the Davis Cup. It makes me super happy to play again. But again, it is especially trying to win this game, it is most important.

How do you deal with this simple Florian Mayer?
I'm pretty confident. I played pretty well lately. Wimbledon, Roland Garros, was not bad. I'll try to make a great match to win the point. It will be important to a good start since it's been since I've played in Davis Cup. Otherwise, the area's fine with me. I like the clay, the court is of good quality. Anyway, this will be the level of play shall be controlling.

Tell us about your opponent, a little unknown to the general public.
Mayer is the 20th world, it's a good player. It was a game atypical, different from what you see on the circuit. He plays a lot with changes of pace and has a great backhand. We play outside, he is at home and ready to give everything. But I too am ready to do anything to win.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 07-07-2011 at 09:35 PM.
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote