Articles & Interviews - Page 271 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #4051
country flag AndyM

AndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond reputeAndyM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Miami: Novak and colleagues for Japan

Novak will lead a team of tennis stars in an exhibition football match against a professional team Fort Lauderdale Strikers to raise money for Japan which is facing disastrous earthquake and tsunami consequences.

The event will take place in Miami on Wednesday, March 23.

Djokovic's team will consist of ATP World Tour stars: Kei Nishikori, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Fernando Verdasco, Richard Gasquet, Feliciano Lopez, Viktor Troicki, Marcos Baghdatis, David Ferrer, Jurgen Melzer.

"I am very concerned for the people of Japan and think it is only right that we do whatever we can to help those in need," said Novak.

The match will be followed by dinner and charity auction.

All the proceeds will go for Japan.

The dinner event is being organised by GR8 Miami event planning, and tickets for the event can be bought by visiting www.GR8Miami.com
AndyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #4052
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Take care, Novak, take care. You might not really want Richard to fulfil his potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie1 View Post
Yeah Nole, be careful what you wish for!
Like that will ever happen. Nadals* would fly

*Speaking of which, I miss the Roasting thread on GM
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #4053
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...9#post10880159

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #4054
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

if and when any of you more fluent french speakers has the time ,
I would appreciate a translation - or a quick summary - of the article Puschkin just posted
My google translate did not make any sense at all
and my french is limited
Thanks in advance
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #4055
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/sony-...12/story.shtml
(french article)

in 2009, Richard was pictured with 2 smiling cheerleaders, leveling up the leg ala Moulin-Rouge. It was a few days before a living nightmare: positive control following a party in a Miami's nightclub. Frenchman collapsed in the columns of tabloid journalism. An entire season to fight back legally, and another one to fight back morally, and now, he is back.

Before playing italian Lorenzi, Gasquet is now another man, and maybe, another player. "he is 24, the 3 or 4 next years will be capital, says Piatti. He lived through many experiences, some good some bad. But he has matured, not only as a man but as a player too". Italian will work alone with Richard from MC until Wimbledon, but until now, it is Sebastien Grosjean the other "coach-advisor" who put him back on track.

Not really a coach, because he won't follow him during all season, not truly an advisor, becasue he is more than a distant counsel, Grosjean will bring his expertiser, his simplicity and his convictions. Feeling is good between the 2: "I feel good with Seb becasue he is relevant, says Gasquet. he is someone with a lot of experience, very smart, and respected by everybody. He is calm, realxed, and he knows the game really well. He help me get my thoughts right".

Grosjean adds: "I think everything will be focused on the communications between Ricardo and richard. My priority, is the fact that he feels good and confident, and be at 100% when he enters the court. Talent is there, the weakpoint was elsewhere. and Grosjean to insist on his qualities, on backhand side AND forehand side...

Serene after a SF at Dubai and a QF at Indian Wells, Gasquet is positive, though some warnings: "I don't like Miami's tournament, not only becasue of bad memories, but also because i only won one match here. So i'm happy to be here with good sensations. It's time to exorcize some ghosts". Gasquet is mature for the second part of his career. The better?

Last edited by Blackbriar : 03-26-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #4056
country flag Yuan

Yuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond reputeYuan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your translation.
Yuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #4057
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmom View Post
if and when any of you more fluent french speakers has the time, I would appreciate a translation - or a quick summary - of the article Puschkin just posted.
More or less the same as the one posted and translated by blackbriar, but better written and without too many Miami allusions. Séb is qouted saying "Talk to me, no matter what, talk to me", putting much emphasis on communication. Séb also says that the FH of Ricahrd is not the weakness many people think it is. And Piatti takes a very modest position, acknowledging the good relationship between Séb and Richard, stating that both - he and Séb - have the common goal of helping Richard. Piatti will be with Richard from Monte Carlo to Wimbledon, Grosjean will join in again for the US summer hard court season.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #4058
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More or less the same as the one posted and translated by blackbriar, but better written and without too many Miami allusions. Séb is qouted saying "Talk to me, no matter what, talk to me", putting much emphasis on communication. Séb also says that the FH of Ricahrd is not the weakness many people think it is. And Piatti takes a very modest position, acknowledging the good relationship between Séb and Richard, stating that both - he and Séb - have the common goal of helping Richard. Piatti will be with Richard from Monte Carlo to Wimbledon, Grosjean will join in again for the US summer hard court season.
Does this mean Richard will play the US Hard Court season after Wimbledon?

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #4059
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Does this mean Richard will play the US Hard Court season after Wimbledon?
The Piatti part was not contained in the link I gave. Here it is:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...97875miami.jpg posted by marina on rgnet

It won't answer your question though, it just says summer US hard court season, it is not specific about which tourneys will be included.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 03-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #4060
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the translations . I appreciate your time .
Glad to read that the relationship is working out - and all concerned seem to be on board with the goal of helping Richard to achieve his potential.
I did not see Piatti at IW ( or did not recognize him if I did ) but we frequently saw Richard and Seb together , and the relationship appears just as
described here. Friendly , fun , collegial but on the court all business .
It was good to see Richard smiling both on and off the court .
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #4061
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Piatti part was not contained in the link I gave. Here it is:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...97875miami.jpg posted by marina on rgnet

It won't answer your question though, it just says summer US hard court season, it is not specific about which tourneys will be included.
Thanks.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #4062
country flag Puschkin

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...t-elimine.html

D'une certaine manière, rien n'allait plus ce dimanche. «J'étais crispé, a reconnu Gasquet après s'être incliné en 1'32". Je manquais d'énergie par rapport à Indian Wells, j'avais un peu moins de jus. J'étais un peu stressé et en plus j'ai mal servi.» Et pourtant, tout va bien, ou presque. «Je repars quand même content de mon niveau de jeu de ces derniers temps, j'ai fait de bonnes choses sur les courts et j'ai progressé au classement. Je suis dans le Top 20. Ce n'est que du plaisir, en plus ça se passe bien avec Sébastien (Grosjean).»

«Je pense que je peux faire un bon tournoi à Monte Carlo»
S'il avait «réussi à concrétiser (ses) occasions de break à 3-3 dans le deuxième set», Gasquet aurait même pu gêner un peu plus Fish, qui a contrôlé le Bittérois grâce à la qualité de ses frappes à plat. Mais cette défaite n'entame pas «la confiance» avec laquelle il «est content de repartir vers la terre battue.» «Je pense que je peux faire un bon tournoi à Monte Carlo (11-17 avril), ajoute-t-il. Les choses se mettent en place, il faut surtout que j'évite la blessure.» (AFP)

Richard's words: I was tense, I lacked energy compared to IW, I had less juice (force), I was a bit stressed and I served badly. Nevertheless I go back pleased with my recent level of play, I did good things on teh court and I improved my ranking. I am in the Top 20, this is nothing but a pleasure, in addition things work out nicely with Séb.I think I can do a good tournament in Monte CArlo, things are getting together, it is most important to avoid injuries.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #4063
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

While checking my mails today I stumbled upon this really strange article :

http://sports.orange.fr/infos/tennis...et_318587.html

Apparently Philippe Lucas, the guy who used to train Laure Manaudou when she became olympic champion, is going to become Gasquet's physical trainer. The guy has a reputation for being really tough, there was a whole story in France when Manaudou left him because she couldn't take it any more (and subsequently became utter shit as a swimmer).

He has only worked with swimmers in the past I think, and I couldn't find this news anywhere else on the internet, but they do have a video of him on a tennis court saying hes going to do it. Its might very well be a hoax though, since we are April 1st. Actually now that I think about it it probably is.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4064
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

"Philippe Lucas nouveau préparateur physique de Richard Gasquet ? Un peu de sérieux. Evidemment, cette information est une plaisanterie, comme il est de coutume pour un 1er avril. Philippe Lucas laisse bien Richard Gasquet entre les mains de Ricardo Piatti et Sébastien Grosjean, ses deux entraîneurs habituels. Sans rancune si vous êtes tombés dans le panneau. La rédaction."

Thank goodness
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #4065
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
While checking my mails today I stumbled upon this really strange article :

http://sports.orange.fr/infos/tennis...et_318587.html

Apparently Philippe Lucas, the guy who used to train Laure Manaudou when she became olympic champion, is going to become Gasquet's physical trainer. The guy has a reputation for being really tough, there was a whole story in France when Manaudou left him because she couldn't take it any more (and subsequently became utter shit as a swimmer).

He has only worked with swimmers in the past I think, and I couldn't find this news anywhere else on the internet, but they do have a video of him on a tennis court saying hes going to do it. Its might very well be a hoax though, since we are April 1st. Actually now that I think about it it probably is.
Nice!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!