Articles & Interviews - Page 269 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #4021
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
I remember reading an interview with, I think Eric but maybe Francis, a few years ago - said that Richard would often go to the book store to get a new book (now I guess he can just download it on Kindle) before each trip. Said he liked biographies and historical novels, and liked to read the history of the countries he was going to visit. I remember because I thought that was a far cry from the image I had of him talking on the phone and playing video games all day
well that's good because he has plenty of time to kill after the first day.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #4022
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember reading an interview with, I think Eric but maybe Francis, a few years ago - said that Richard would often go to the book store to get a new book.
It was Eric and he even named two titels. I have forgotten the details, but I remember having talked with Fran (Truc- BTW: how I miss her) about it. I can't remember her exact words either, but the gist was that she was quite surprised to see these books in a tennis players' hands.

If he ever does a Q&A session again, I will ask about his reading, as books are my greatest passion, even tennis is seocnd.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #4023
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I asked about it when he did that one last year but he didn't answer that question
Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #4024
country flag Jozie

Jozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond reputeJozie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I remember reading an interview with, I think Eric but maybe Francis, a few years ago - said that Richard would often go to the book store to get a new book (now I guess he can just download it on Kindle) before each trip. Said he liked biographies and historical novels, and liked to read the history of the countries he was going to visit. I remember because I thought that was a far cry from the image I had of him talking on the phone and playing video games all day
How fascinating that he shows great interest in politics and history. Just tells me how interested he is in what it means to be human.
He made the following statement when he launched his foundation. "I want to be able to achieve success on the court without cutting myself off from the rest of the world. Top class sportsmen should not live in an isolated world -- they should feel concerned by the world that surrounds them and try and help others," said Gasquet.

I guess this is why we love him so much.

~♠ Gasqueteers ♠~

all for one, one for all
Jozie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #4025
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for a different look at RIchard. Richie the politician or lawyer when tennis is over?
a politician with his shyness with the media?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #4026
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine him doing anything high profile he doesn't like the publicity but there are plenty of behind the scenes political jobs in the UK and I'm sure there are in France too.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:32 PM   #4027
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

He must really like politics to enjoy watching electoral evenings (too bad he supports the wrong side. )
As for reality tv, it's funny that he mentionned secret story as being crap (which is really crap of course) Henri Leconte and his son who took part in it will appreciate.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #4028
country flag marina36

marina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond reputemarina36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie* View Post
He must really like politics to enjoy watching electoral evenings (too bad he supports the wrong side. )
As for reality tv, it's funny that he mentionned secret story as being crap (which is really crap of course) Henri Leconte and his son who took part in it will appreciate.
+1!

Interesting to know new things about him!

Richard Gasquet

Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Ernests Gulbis, Marin Cilic...
marina36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #4029
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

about the association with Seb

soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #4030
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Meh, when I first heard about the Grosjean thing I was like "eh, that's a pretty good idea", then I learned that they were only going to be together a few weeks during the year and De Blicker was still the real coach. Now Grosjean himself is saying they're not going to work on his technique, just his "head", and that they'll "try to find some time in the year" when he's not commenting or taking care of his tournament or whatever.

Basically it's yet another part-time shrink for Gasquet. I give them 6 months until they realize their shedules are not compatible and they have better things to do with their time than having "conversations" with each other.

By the way, this l'Equipe article is brutal, damn.
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #4031
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
By the way, this l'Equipe article is brutal, damn.
Did these "journalists" even care to watch the match against Berdych? Yes, he often is too far behind, but not in this match. They repeat the same stuff all the time and then they wonder about getting Richard's defensive answers and make fun of them. Quality jounalism.

and about the Collaboration witH Grosjean. I think little about condemining it outrgight. Let's get them to work and judge then. Mauresmo did good things for Llodra and I am sure she did not practice returns with him.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #4032
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

ROFLMAO at the last question to Seb

Actually, speaking of Momo, I wonder if she would work well with Richard. They have similar games and similar problems
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #4033
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

For once Puschkin I disagree. I liked this article.

The article might sound brutal by some aspects (the quotes of his opponents' coach to illustrate his level of play) but I didn't see any mockery from the journalist. The journalist even states that Richard is lucid and honnest about the situation and that his look during the press conference showed that he still has willingness (which I found reconforting)
Old 01-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #4034
country flag *julie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
ROFLMAO at the last question to Seb

Actually, speaking of Momo, I wonder if she would work well with Richard. They have similar games and similar problems
Grosjean was not an overachiever either. Remember his SF against Clément at the AO? I think Seb and Richard have many things in common too. Hopefully, he will know how to help Richard. Too bad again, that he is only a part-time coach. I am afraid there won't be any significant change in these conditions. I hope to be wrong.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #4035
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies about the quality but I think the article can still be read upon saving and zooming in

Last edited by silverwhite : 02-25-2011 at 12:35 PM.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote