Articles & Interviews - Page 268 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #4006
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina36 View Post
Merry Christmas!!
Thanks for that find. The reference (...he told mail today), does it mean that he is already there? Or was it a telephone interview?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 12-27-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #4007
country flag bleu_cheese

bleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Mumbai was an ATP event, eh? It was never played again. Why?
Security problems, from what I remember. Ack, my own break is really short, but 10 days is crazy. Still, it's hard not to get excited.

Gasquet-Gulbis-Cilic-Dolgopolov-Stebe-Glasspool
Haase-Del Potro-Wawrinka-Kavcic-Giraldo-Berankis
bleu_cheese is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:44 PM   #4008
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu_cheese View Post
Ack, my own break is really short, but 10 days is crazy. Still, it's hard not to get excited.
What you talkin' bout dude?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #4009
country flag bleu_cheese

bleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond reputebleu_cheese has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the off season. Just one more week until I'm back to streaming tennis at odd hours of the night.

Gasquet-Gulbis-Cilic-Dolgopolov-Stebe-Glasspool
Haase-Del Potro-Wawrinka-Kavcic-Giraldo-Berankis
bleu_cheese is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #4010
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu_cheese View Post
Ah, the off season. Just one more week until I'm back to streaming tennis at odd hours of the night.
Ah!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #4011
country flag C-B-R

C-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond reputeC-B-R has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tvmag.com/programme-tv/ar...agon-ball.html
just found on Twitter , only had a quick look .
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #4012
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-B-R View Post
http://www.tvmag.com/programme-tv/ar...agon-ball.html
just found on Twitter , only had a quick look .
Thanks !
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #4013
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

it is about his TV habits, watches the news on TV5 monde when abroad, other wise follows debates, political magazines and election nights, whho would have thought that, maybe he takes his politcal science stuff really seriously, likes a TV series 24 hours chrono(I don't know) and watches football and rugby, asked about becoming a commentator later on, he says this is not in line with his personality and he does not like former players criticising current players.... Forget will love that!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Last edited by Puschkin : 01-13-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #4014
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like he really does enjoy the political science subject. Perhaps a career as a lawyer when all is said and done on the tennis courts ?
Even the 24 reference . It is an American tv series , many of the guys on tour will admit to watching it regularly if you read their blogs / bios . In fact , I don't know too many young men of his age group that do not just love this show. It is now currently available on DVD and is an action series about spies , counter terrorism and political intrigue. It is called 24 because each year in the series takes place in one 24 hour period in the day of the main character and is filmed so that each hour episode is one hour in his day. It is pretty graphically violent - almost video game like . The first few years of the series were awesome , as it continued , they seemed to just repeat the plot lines and it got repetitive and predictable .

I think Richard has a pretty good grasp of his personality and not being suited to commenting on the matches. He is not a natural in front of the camera , and probably would not make the best tv announcer.
scmom is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #4015
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god ! Does it say at the end he watched Dragon Ball Z as a kid ? My son and his friends loved that show !
That just cracks me up

boys are the same all over the world - aren't they ?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #4016
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmom View Post
It is called 24 because each year in the series takes place in one 24 hour period in the day of the main character and is filmed so that each hour episode is one hour in his day.
ah that one, I think I have seen the very first episode. Not my cup of tea, but I am not in the target group of young men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmom View Post
oh my god ! Does it say at the end he watched Dragon Ball Z as a kid ?
Yep, dragon ball Z AND Roland Garros as a kid.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #4017
country flag scmom

thanks for the confirmation ,Puschkin . I am pleased that on occasion I am able to understand correctly what is being said in these articles. Other times I completely miss the mark .

I see it also says he owns all the 24 DVD's , so clearly that is the same show I was describing .It is no longer on network television here - only DVD .
Old 01-13-2011, 06:30 PM   #4018
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for a different look at RIchard. Richie the politician or lawyer when tennis is over?

24/ Jack Bower - awesome. Yes, guys world wide are the same. I must admit I LOVED the first several years (and I am certainly not a 20 something guy)- got mad at my kid for getting me hooked on it but then it got too predictable.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #4019
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he reads and if so what?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #4020
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I wonder if he reads and if so what?
I remember reading an interview with, I think Eric but maybe Francis, a few years ago - said that Richard would often go to the book store to get a new book (now I guess he can just download it on Kindle) before each trip. Said he liked biographies and historical novels, and liked to read the history of the countries he was going to visit. I remember because I thought that was a far cry from the image I had of him talking on the phone and playing video games all day
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote