Articles & Interviews - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-16-2005, 04:16 PM   #196
country flag richard gasquet

richard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
The 3rd with Hamburg
bien vu!

forgot it

Allez!
richard gasquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #197
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet beats champion Srichaphan
by the BBC

French teenager Richard Gasquet ended Paradorn Srichaphan's defence of his Nottingham Open title on Thursday.
The 18-year-old Frenchman boosted his grass-court credentials with an impressive 6-3 4-6 6-0 victory to reach the semi-finals.

Gasquet will play Taylor Dent next after Thomas Johansson withdrew from the match through injury.

In the other quarter-finals, Ivo Karlovic faces Olivier Rochus, and Max Mirnyi takes on Kenneth Carlsen.

Dent was leading 6-3 and 1-0 with a break when Johansson pulled out of their encounter.

Johansson had been had been visibly irritated by two line calls that went against him in the first set.

"I'm good friends with Thomas but it's an unspoken rule that you don't expect guys to change the calls," said Dent.

"I've played Thomas many times and had many bad calls go against me, so if he was expecting it, his expectations were misplaced."

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #198
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of articles today...

RANKINGS BOOST FOR GASQUET from www.sportinglife.com

Gasquet - through to last four. (Getty Images)

Richard Gasquet moved into the semi-finals of the 10tele.com Open in Nottingham on Thursday and confirmed his status as the new French number one.

Gasquet's 6-3 4-6 6-0 win over defending champion Paradorn Srichaphan means he will overtake countryman Sebastien Grosjean in the new ATP Tour rankings next week.

The 18-year-old admitted: "I am so happy to be number one in France because I have dreaming of this since I was a child."

"But I think France deserves better than to have a number one who is ranked only around 25 in the world."

Gasquet, who also reached the quarter-finals at Queen's Club last week, insists he is beginning to enjoy playing on his least familiar surface.

And he proved his point in the manner of his victory over Srichaphan which gives him a strong chance of celebrating his 19th birthday on Saturday with his first Tour title.

Gasquet made light of cold and blustery conditions to make a fine start, holding serve comfortably through the first set after an early break of his Thai opponent's serve.

Srichaphan, eager to hang onto the title he had claimed over Thomas Johansson last year, fought back to level the match but appeared troubled by a shoulder injury.

Despite the urgings of the home crowd, Srichaphan was not able to maintain the level required to combat the sublime shot-making of his opponent.

Gasquet's play was a joy to watch at times in the final set as he raced into the last four in style.

Gasquet, the former world junior number one, added: "I played well on grass against Mario Ancic last week but I played even better today."

"I am happy to be in the semi-finals on a grass court and it would be a great performance for me to get into the final here."

Srichaphan, who has been handed a tough Wimbledon first round draw against Marat Safin, paid tribute to his opponent.

Srichaphan said: "Today I had a chance but I didn't take it and Richard is definitely the man to watch for this tournament.

"He is young, fresh and confident and he has a great talent. He made it kind of tough for me out there today."

Taylor Dent will play Gasquet in the semi-finals after opponent Thomas Johansson withdrew through injury early in the second set of their last-eight match.

Dent was leading 6-3 and 1-0 with a break when Johansson - who missed the whole of the 2003 season with a knee injury - abruptly pulled out.

The Swede had been visibly irritated by two line calls which went against him in the first set, and never sufficiently recovered his poise.

Dent admitted the second call in question was bad but refused to take responsibility for not coming to Johansson's aid.

Dent said: "I'm good friends with Thomas but it's an unspoken rule that you don't expect guys to change the calls.

"I've played Thomas many times and had many bad calls go against me, so if he was expecting it, his expectations were misplaced.''

Last edited by delsa : 06-16-2005 at 07:25 PM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:14 PM   #199

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Delsa

Here is something from the ATP Site:

Richard Gasquet thwarted Paradorn Srichaphan's title defense at the 10tele.com Open in Nottingham on Thursday 6-3, 4-6, 6-0. With the win, Gasquet will become the No. 1 player in France, overtaking Sebastien Grosjean, when Monday's rankings are released.

Gasquet won the match emphatically, taking six consecutive games while losing only nine points throughout in the third set. The fast-rising 18-year-old next faces Taylor Dent in the semifinals

Gasquet: "I really played a great match today. Getting to the semifinals is a great feeling. I came into this week without any expectations, just hoping to get some matches before Wimbledon, so it's a great feeling."

On becoming the No.1 French player: "It's a great feeling to be No.1 in France. But you know I hope that Sebasien [Grosjean] wins a lot more matches and gets up the rankings too. It's great to be No.1 in France but I'm still only around 25 in the rankings. France deserves better."

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 06-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #200

Gasquet On The Boil

World no.27, Richard Gasquet of France, who also happens to be the
No.27 seed for Wimbledon next week, served up the strongest warning yet to his rivals at The 10tele.com Open today that he's serious about winning his first ATP title here before heading to Wimbledon next week.

Today, the eighteen year-old from Beziers, confidently swept aside the defending singles champion in a solid display of tennis that thrilled the packed centre court.

After the Frenchman took the first set 6-3, his opponent, Paradorn Srichaphan of Thailand, briefly rallied to win the second set 6-4. Clearly, the 2002 Thai of the Year had no intention of lightly being relieved of the title he fought so hard to win on the same grass court last year. However, ultimately Srichaphan was no match for an inspired Gasquet who lost only nine points en route to winning the final set 6-0.

Tomorrow, the Frenchman will play the first grass court semi-final of his career. Based on this performance, Gasquet's first round opponent at Wimbledon, Philipp Kohlschreiber, will need to be firing on all cylinders to stop the rising French star who has clearly set his sights firmly on the top.

For his part, the defending champion was gracious in defeat. "Gasquet is hitting the ball well and moving well. It was tough for me out there, particularly losing 6-0 in the third. He's playing well and hopefully he can keep it going into the next round. He's the one to watch for this tournament."

His opponent, smiling broadly after reaching the semi-finals said: "I played the third set incredibly – it was a perfect third set and now I have real confidence playing on the grass. Yes, I can win this tournament because I'm now in the semi-final. Yes, I hope to win here. It would be great."

Old 06-16-2005, 10:03 PM   #201

richard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond reputerichard gasquet has a reputation beyond repute

I like richard being so confident.He seems really "cool" about the way he play since he come back from his chicken illness(dont remember the english name lol )

good luck for the next match against dent.

thank you tennisgirl for the interview

Allez!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:31 PM   #202
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisgirl19
Thanks Delsa
You're welcome and you should be the one thanked because you always do all the job posting articles, pics, stats and all: so THANK YOU TENNISGIRL19!

Quote:
His opponent, smiling broadly after reaching the semi-finals said: "I played the third set incredibly – it was a perfect third set and now I have real confidence playing on the grass. Yes, I can win this tournament because I'm now in the semi-final. Yes, I hope to win here. It would be great."
This is a bold comment from Richie...
But Richard always smiles broadly that's just how he is so they shouldn't try to manipulate this and misinterpret it as a sign of overconfidence or arrogance...
I see them coming with the way they put it...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:19 AM   #203

Your welcome also!

I really love that quote from Richard. I don't find it arrogant then again I am a fan of his so maybe that's why. He's getting better with his sound bites!

Allez Richard!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #204
prazz_m

prazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond reputeprazz_m has a reputation beyond repute

i bring good news!! many of you seem to desperately counting quotes in his articles - well i bring you something better than a quote...an audio interview!!!! (yes i know it's not as good as a video but i'm absolutely stoked because it's in ENGLISH) haha

website address is: http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...ottingham3.wma

it is just after he beat marray (?) i think (?)

enjoy

hopelessly devoted to you....arnaud and juan carlos
prazz_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #205
country flag girL_

girL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond repute

thanx everybody for great articles and interviews... awww his english sounds sooooooo sweet))
I'm sooo miserable I don't have a chance to see him playing in nottingham... damn Russian tvcannels, no coverage for this torunament, only ordina open in Holland!!!

Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov
girL_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #206
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

New article on the Nottingham site:

http://nottingham.lta.org.uk/News/050617Day5Gasquet.htm

Inspired Gasquet On Course To Win
Richard Gasquet who turns 19 on Saturday, firmly claimed his place in the final when in just over an hour he overcame the American Taylor Dent 6-4, 6-2 on centre court here this afternoon.

The smiling Frenchman now has the chance to become the youngest winner in the 11 year history of The 10tele.com Open and to follow in the footsteps of his fellow countrymen, Sebastien Grosjean and Cedric Pioline who lifted the title in 2000 and 1999 respectively.

"Being in the final is a great birthday present," said the French teenager.

"I hope to win this final to make it an even better birthday."

"I'm getting better and better each match, I played a solid match today and it was good to beat Dent as he is a good grasscourt player."

Gasquet 's opponent will be the 8th seed Max Mirnyi of Belarus who has quietly and confidently earned his passage into the final with a semi-final victory over 7th seed Olivier Rochus of Belgium. Rochus edged out the gargantuan figure of Ivo Karlovic of Croatia in their quarter-final yesterday.

[17.06.05 Report By Colin Hutchison]
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #207
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Another article.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Tennis/New...093012-ap.html

Richard Gasquet and Max Mirnyi advance to finals at Nottingham

NOTTINGHAM, England (AP) - Richard Gasquet reached the final at the 10tele.com Open on Friday after beating Taylor Dent of the United States 6-4, 6-2 in the semifinals.

Gasquet, who turns 19 on Saturday and will be playing in his third ATP final, will face Max Mirnyi of Belarus. The Frenchman has never won an ATP title. "My returning was incredible today and while it is a great birthday present for me to be in the final, it will be even better for me if I can win," Gasquet said.

"My party must wait until I get back to Paris because I believe I can have a great Wimbledon too," Gasquet added. "I have played a lot of matches on grass and it was very good for me to beat a player as good as Dent on this surface."

Gasquet broke Dent in the first game and again twice in succession at the start of the second set. Dent was then warned for an audible obscenity.

Gasquet had to save only one break point against his serve in the match.

Mirnyi beat seventh-seeded Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-4, 7-5. Mirnyi had 17 aces, while Rochus had zero.

"I believe I am now in the position to establish myself and this is a payoff for all the work I have put in," Mirnyi said. "It was good to win but I did not feel I played as well as I have earlier this week because I was favourite and put a bit of pressure on myself."

Gasquet has never played the eighth-seeded Mirnyi, whose only ATP title came in 2003.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Another article.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Tennis/New...093012-ap.html

Richard Gasquet and Max Mirnyi advance to finals at Nottingham

NOTTINGHAM, England (AP) - Richard Gasquet reached the final at the 10tele.com Open on Friday after beating Taylor Dent of the United States 6-4, 6-2 in the semifinals.

Gasquet, who turns 19 on Saturday and will be playing in his third ATP final, will face Max Mirnyi of Belarus. The Frenchman has never won an ATP title. "My returning was incredible today and while it is a great birthday present for me to be in the final, it will be even better for me if I can win," Gasquet said.

"My party must wait until I get back to Paris because I believe I can have a great Wimbledon too," Gasquet added. "I have played a lot of matches on grass and it was very good for me to beat a player as good as Dent on this surface."

Gasquet broke Dent in the first game and again twice in succession at the start of the second set. Dent was then warned for an audible obscenity.

Gasquet had to save only one break point against his serve in the match.

Mirnyi beat seventh-seeded Olivier Rochus of Belgium 6-4, 7-5. Mirnyi had 17 aces, while Rochus had zero.

"I believe I am now in the position to establish myself and this is a payoff for all the work I have put in," Mirnyi said. "It was good to win but I did not feel I played as well as I have earlier this week because I was favourite and put a bit of pressure on myself."

Gasquet has never played the eighth-seeded Mirnyi, whose only ATP title came in 2003.

journalists dont make well their job

richard met mirnyi last year in the last round of the qualies in the Paris Master Serie.Richard lost in straight sets whereas he had opportunities to beat him.It was a very close match and I think richard evolve since this match, he is not the same in his game,got much confidence, and its a finale, "his finale" because it will be his birthday, he will want to win it really so I would say richard in 3.

Allez richard

Allez!
Old 06-17-2005, 07:26 PM   #209
country flag silverwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard gasquet

journalists dont make well their job

richard met mirnyi last year in the last round of the qualies in the Paris Master Serie.Richard lost in straight sets whereas he had opportunities to beat him.It was a very close match and I think richard evolve since this match, he is not the same in his game,got much confidence, and its a finale, "his finale" because it will be his birthday, he will want to win it really so I would say richard in 3.

Allez richard
It was in the qualifying rounds, so unless they were Richard fans, they wouldn't know. It's not in the ATP records.

Richard lost in 2 TBs, if I remember correctly, didn't he?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:49 PM   #210

Gasquet: "I returned very well today. I think that was the key of the match, I barely missed a return. It's hard to explain when it's like that. Everything worked great today. It was the perfect match."

On his grass court form: "I knew I could play well on grass but I'm just happy to get getting so many good results on it."

On his birthday on Saturday: "It's great to be in the final on my birthday but it would be an even better birthday present if I can win tomorrow. It would a dream to win my first title on my 19th birthday."
--Atp Site

Richard Gasquet and Max 'The Beast' Mirnyi posted straight set wins on Friday to move into the final of the 10tele.com Open in Nottingham. Gasquet dispatched Taylor Dent while Mirnyi defeated Olivier Rochus. The two players will appear in their second ATP final this season.

The fourth seeded Gasquet, who will replace Sebastien Grosjean as the French No. 1 when the INDESIT ATP Ranking is released Monday, defeated No. 5 seed Taylor Dent 6-4, 6-2 in one hour, 10 minutes.

The fast-rising 18-year-old won 84% first serve points and was never broken. He broke Dent three times including the first game of match. In the second set, Gasquet stormed to a 4-0 lead and held on for the win.

On his way to the final, Gasquet also defeated Tomas Zib, Jonathan Marray and defending champion Paradorn Srichaphan. He will try to win his first career ATP title on his 19th birthday Saturday against the No. 8 seed Max Mirnyi. He lost to Roger Federer at the ATP Masters-Series Hamburg in his only other final appearance this year.

Max Mirnyi fired 17 aces in his 6-4, 7-5 win over Belgian Olivier Rochus. Mirnyi never faced a break point while converting two of three break point opportunities

The Beast served exceptionally, winning 85% of first serve points with a 78% first serve percentage. He only missed five first serves in second set and never double defaulted.

Mirnyi will try to claim his first ATP title of the season. He lost his only final appearance to Kenneth Carlsen in Memphis earlier this year, but avenged the loss in the quarterfinals here on Wednesday. He also defeated Sargis Sargisian and Hyung-Taik Lee in the opening rounds.