Articles & Interviews - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #1561
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Ah j'avais pas vu merci
I like Forget's sentence: "Il a toujours eu le frein à main, mais ça reste une Ferrari…" Hope to see Richie move up a few gears at Monte Carlo.
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Tennis Tipping 2009 Results:
Singles: Cherbourg CH W
Doubles: ...
JBdV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #1562
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Forget veut s'occuper de Gasquet
10/04/2007 - 11:49
Après la performance décevante de Richard Gasquet en Coupe Davis face à la Russie, Guy Forget a l'intention de venir en aide au numéro 1 français, en complément du travail effectué avec Eric Deblicker: "Je me dis qu'avec Richard, que j'apprécie beaucoup, j'aimerais passer plus de temps, pour aller plus au fond des choses", a expliqué le capitaine de l'équipe de France dans les colonnes de L'Equipe. "Il ne s'agit pas de me substituer à son entraîneur, mais je peux très bien aller passer quatre ou cinq jours avec eux pour me régaler. Ce serait pour amener de l'eau au moulin d'Eric Deblicker, mais avec des mots différents. Je n'ai pas besoin de cadre ou de contrat.

Source: http://www.sports.fr/fr/cmc/scanner/...et_130090.html

Forget wants to work with Richard without framework or contract to go to the "depth of things" and to support Deblicker.....

I don't know what to make from this.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:13 PM   #1563
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. What Richard needs is a kick in the a** and hopefully, Forget will succeed in providing that.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #1564
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post
Ah. What Richard needs is a kick in the a** and hopefully, Forget will succeed in providing that.
Sorry, I don't mean to disturb you here but Forget handed the victory to Russia with his bad choices (the Russians admitted that) and I may not be fluent in French but I really don't understand WTH is he saying to his players - he is talking talking talking talking at the changeovers without ANY effect.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #1565
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to disturb you here but Forget handed the victory to Russia with his bad choices (the Russians admitted that)
You don't disturb here at all, but I am eager to learn about the better choices.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 PM   #1566
country flag JBdV

JBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond reputeJBdV has a reputation beyond repute

You can criticise Forget, and praise Tarpishev, as much as you want, but the truth is Russia just has better players than France, simple as that Forget took a gamble and it went wrong, but he had to something different seeing as they'd lost the last 2 times...As for him working with Gasquet alongside Deblicker, I think that can only be a good thing. We've seen in the past that he can get the best out of Richard.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #1567
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBdV View Post
You can criticise Forget, and praise Tarpishev, as much as you want, but the truth is Russia just has better players than France, simple as that Forget took a gamble and it went wrong
I don't think it went totally wrong, half wrong at the utmost, that's exactly why I would have liked to know the Russian way of seeing things from MariaV.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #1568
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Sorry, I don't mean to disturb you here but Forget handed the victory to Russia with his bad choices (the Russians admitted that) and I may not be fluent in French but I really don't understand WTH is he saying to his players - he is talking talking talking talking at the changeovers without ANY effect.

the main responsible for our defeat in my opinion was Gasquet.
Gasquet didn t justify his ranking as the french number one to say the least(without Youznhy's cramping,he would have been trashed in straight sets).
Guys like Grosjean and PHM played with heart,ambition and courage contrary Gasquet
richie21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #1569
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie21 View Post
Gasquet didn t justify his ranking as the french number one to say the least(without Youznhy's cramping,he would have been trashed in straight sets).
Guys like Grosjean and PHM played with heart,ambition and courage contrary Gasquet
Somebody showing his true colours here.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-10-2007, 02:20 PM   #1570
country flag JBdV

Quote:
Seb and PHM played with more courage, but you can't fault Richard for heart...He clearly fought hard in the last 3 sets, especially the 3rd, you can't deny he wanted to win badly for the team. It was just a day when his game was off, when normally it's the other way round: he has the game but is criticised for not fighting enough.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #1571
country flag richie21

richie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond reputerichie21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Somebody showing his true colours here.
i'm only stating the truth.
i really like Richard but i think he'll be the first to admit he has been pretty disappointing this week end.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:30 PM   #1572
country flag richie21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBdV View Post
Seb and PHM played with more courage, but you can't fault Richard for heart...He clearly fought hard in the last 3 sets, especially the 3rd, you can't deny he wanted to win badly for the team. It was just a day when his game was off, when normally it's the other way round: he has the game but is criticised for not fighting enough.
well he was just waiting for Youznhy's errors.....
as i said,without Youznhy's cramping,the match would have probably been quickly finished.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:40 PM   #1573
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
i'm only stating the truth.
i really like Richard but i think he'll be the first to admit he has been pretty disappointing this week end.
This is beyond the point. It is your general attitude of over-hyping Richard when he is doing well and thrashing him when he is doing badly which made me comment that way.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #1574
country flag JBdV

Quote:
well he was just waiting for Youznhy's errors.....
as i said,without Youznhy's cramping,the match would have probably been quickly finished.
I don't doubt that. He clearly had a very bad day at the office, and played way below the level he is capable of. But to save all those match points and take it to 6-6 in a 5th set when he is playing so badly, that still requires mental strength not to mention physical endurance...
I still don't understand exactly why he played so badly though

Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #1575
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is that the French are not mentally tough enough. They lost two crucial 5-setters. Youzhny was cramping and Richard couldn't take advantage. I know Grosjean is not comfortable playing doubles but there was Davydenko on the other side of the net.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote