Play-by-play, Guga´s eighteenth title. :D - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2003, 02:41 AM   #16
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Hrbaty serves to stay alive 3-6 4-5

15-0 good serve
30-0 ACE!
40-0 another good serve and a fh down the line winner
Another good serve

Game Hrbaty 5-5

Guga serves 5-5

15-0 Hrbaty approaches net, Guga with a wicked fh passing shot on the run.
15-15 heavy fhs Hrbaty, Guga with error
30-15 great serve, fh winner to open court
40-15 WOW! A smoking angled winner with fh guga!
bad return

Game Guga 6-5

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2003, 02:44 AM   #17
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Hrbaty serves 3-6 5-6

0-15 players on long rally, guga hits crossed fh on the run, then hrbaty hits a fh UNDER the net.
Pressure!
0-30 DF
PRESSURE!!
15-30 great bh down the line winner to climb a little bit out of the hole, domi
15-40 DF (domi looking at the sun, blaming it )
The sun is out of a sudden bothering)
Hrabty hits a fh wide!

GUGA WINS!!
6-3 7-5

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:47 AM   #18
country flag Dissident

Guga pumping the fist, really happy!
He puts a towel over the head, as the brazilian crowd shouts "É CAMPEÃO!" (translation: "Champion!")
Larri shouting and pointing to heaven. He did that when Guga won Brasil Open too. I guess it´s to dedicate it to his mom and dad.

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:48 AM   #19
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Guga forehand is working well but his serve need improvement. Can't really tell whether his backhand is up to his par.

What do you think, Diss?
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:51 AM   #20
country flag Dissident

Cool speach from Auckland Tennis´President Peter Gardner:

"Veni, vidi, vici" (came, saw and won).
"When we saw you win Roland Garros three times, and reached the world number one, we were thrilled. Now we know HOW you did that".

The rest is blah blah blah

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:52 AM   #21
country flag Dissident

His bh is good, Lee. it made major damage to Hrbaty´s game...
His serve is not bad at all. The first serve percentage was low, but it´s always like that with Guga, as he likes to go for it a lot.
He threw only three double faults, and his second serve was rather good. So, that and adding that the 1st serve % gor gradually better during the match, I think it´s cool.

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:53 AM   #22
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This is from Yahoo!

Kuerten defeats Hrbaty at Heineken, matches 2002 title total

January 11, 2003

AUCKLAND, New Zealand (Ticker) - Gustavo Kuerten is ready for the first Grand Slam event of the season, even if he's never gotten past the second round.

With throngs of Brazilian fans in the crowd, Kuerten matched his 2002 title count Sunday (Saturday night in the United States), posting a straight-sets victory over Dominik Hrbaty of Slovakia at the Heineken Open........
Old 01-12-2003, 02:53 AM   #23
country flag Dissident

heineken, vodafone etc.. all have people to talk out their asses...

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:54 AM   #24
country flag Dissident

Hrbaty looks tired with the endless wait when they finally call him for the speach...

LOL, he looks like just waken up

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:55 AM   #25
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
His bh is good, Lee. it made major damage to Hrbaty´s game...
His serve is not bad at all. The first serve percentage was low, but it´s always like that with Guga, as he likes to go for it a lot.
He threw only three double faults, and his second serve was rather good. So, that and adding that the 1st serve % gor gradually better during the match, I think it´s cool.
That's good news. Hopefully, he will do better than his previous AO.

People keep on saying Rebounce Ace is a very fast surface but over the years, I really don't believe it.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:56 AM   #26
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Waiting for Guga's speech!
Old 01-12-2003, 02:59 AM   #27
country flag Dissident

The guy asks Domi if he had time to read the book he was reading, during rain delays. (He was reading The Count of Monte Cristo). He says that no, some pages to go still. lol
He thanks everyone and congratulates Guga.
Very nice guy...

he explains that he and guga had to practice together this morning, and thats the deal of them having ONLY one Center Court. LOL! He says "you should make another center court, cant you see this one is always packed?"

Then the guy says "You said the thing you most like is chocolate cake. If I say we can get you some chocolate cake now, you promise to book your flight to come back next year?"
Domi "Sure!"

Great guy, very funny

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:09 AM   #28
country flag Dissident

Guga´s speach

The guys asks him "It must be a blast, because wherever in the world you are, it´s like playing at home, because all these people keep on following you"
Guga: "I´m lucky I dont have to play against me." lol
He says he is also proud to be brazilian, and that he likes a lot their support.
He says the match was great, and he would like to congratulate Hrbaty, and just point out that the slovakian is ABSOLUTELY wrong, that brazilian women are WAY more beautiful (I guess it´s an internal joke )
He thanks Larri, physio, organizers etc...
Then he says, "if you excuse me, I would like to say some words for them in portuguese"
He says something like "thanks people, you here, you in Brazil, and lets go on for new chalenges."

The Kiwi Reporter says "In my fluent Portuguese, I know he said that he had booked his flight to come back next year, that he loves Auckland, and that each brazilian back there should come here because this is the best country in the world" LOL!
Guga laughs a lot and gives him a high five.

Then follows to take the pictures with the trophy. And thats it.

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:10 AM   #29
country flag Dissident

And I will call this a day. 2 am and Im terribly tired. Ill post more stuff tomorrow.

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:14 AM   #30
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Thanks Diss and have a good night rest!