Who is the best emergent diva of pop? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #61
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the best emergent diva of pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Oh please Whitney is the GOAT. Mariah still looks loke an anateur on stage, Whitney was a true live performer. She was epic.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I'll keep it cute.

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #62
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong Mong View Post
I'll keep it cute.
Yeah I dont want to fight either. But I had to represent Whitney so be careful not to downplay her, her fans are everywhere

nadalfan2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #63
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Yeah I dont want to fight either. But I had to represent Whitney so be careful not to downplay her, her fans are everywhere

Can we just team up and laugh at Celine's career being all based on lip-synching 99% of her shows?

WTA Royalties
Old 12-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #64
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong Mong View Post
Can we just team up and laugh at Celine's career being all based on lip-synching 99% of her shows?
Hey! I like Celine! "Because You Loved Me" is still a favorite.

ZetaKizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #65
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
I used to like Gaga. The Fame was a great debut, and honestly - NO pop girl has had songs as great as Bad Romance or Pokerface - not even my gal queen Riri.

But post Bad Romance, her antics have become unbearable and she's been difficult to relate to at all. The 99c album first week, her terrible music videos, her music isn't as good, the 'ART' of it all.

I actually want to like her but she makes it difficult. I love Judas (apart from the abhorrent chorus), Marry the Night and Do What U Want - but all of her performances for that song have been disasterous! She's got a great voice, and so does R. Kelly - just sing the song beautifully and nail the damn thing! Even Sexxx Dreams had promise with it's huge chorus - but they fucked with it enough to make it sound pretty average.

I hope this is a wake up call for her to be honest. Australia isn't here for her this era, but I don't think it's particularly this era's fault rather than the bad aftertaste of Born This Way. Outside TOP 1500? To me that is an incredible disappointment - Katy Perry's Prism was #21 last time I checked. This early in the game it's a huge disaster.
I still like her. Different strokes for different folks. ARTPOP may not be The Fame or even BTW, but it is different from the other two and I can appreciate that. Personally I'd be disappointed if it was just a clone of her previous albums. Prism is what really disappointed me. Katy Perry said it was supposed to be darker and more personal and it's really just Teenage Dream Part 2. That's really what I don't like: artists who don't change or at least try new things. It gets tiresome.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #66
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaKizzy View Post
Hey! I like Celine! "Because You Loved Me" is still a favorite.

I was joking, I love Celine too. I love the trinity (W-M-C). Power of A Dream is my favourite song of hers.

WTA Royalties
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #67
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I still like her. Different strokes for different folks. ARTPOP may not be The Fame or even BTW, but it is different from the other two and I can appreciate that. Personally I'd be disappointed if it was just a clone of her previous albums. Prism is what really disappointed me. Katy Perry said it was supposed to be darker and more personal and it's really just Teenage Dream Part 2. That's really what I don't like: artists who don't change or at least try new things. It gets tiresome.

ARTPOP doesn't sound fresh to me at all. Do What U Want is great though, but so is Dark Horse.

Applause isn't even awful, but the video made me cringe.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #68
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
ARTPOP doesn't sound fresh to me at all. Do What U Want is great though, but so is Dark Horse.

Applause isn't even awful, but the video made me cringe.
ArtPOP to me sounds like Gaga lost her sense of direction - it seems after all that she's done with the BTW era, she just ran out of ideas - and this is due to my post prior, she became too pretentious of her work, and the GP is getting tired of her.

WTA Royalties
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #69
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

I think she has no humility. I'm waiting for it to get so bad that she snaps into reality and makes good music again with great videos. She released Applause the day after Roar - obviously expecting to annihilate Katy - but she never even hit #1 on iTunes and Roar has probably become Katy's biggest hit WW. ARTPOP's total mightn't even reach BTW's first week sales in the US. Yet she still continues with her pretentiousness (The AMA's performances, SNL performance of DWYW). I actually thought her last SNL skit (the one where she was old and everyone had forgotten about her) was her being serious and maybe realizing she's on a sinking ship but apparently not.

I loved the Fame + Bad Romance so much - even though I was never a monster.

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Old 12-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #70
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Curry Purry is good

Lady Mugna is declining, no?

chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #71
Dmitry Verdasco

Good sis Bayonse releasing an album without warning I never thought I'd see an album release as messy as Yeezus

Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #72
country flag ZetaKizzy

Quote:
Good sis Bayonse releasing an album without warning I never thought I'd see an album release as messy as Yeezus
The album itself is just as messy as Yeezus too... Beyonce is not made for 6min+ songs. Justin Timberlake she is not. Keep it 4min and under, Bey. I really wanted to like this. I've heard the videos help so I'll try watching them.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #73
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I think Britney is the best.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #74
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not into modern divas and things, their music is shallow and stupid, but Beyoncé releasing a new album (called "BEYONCE") today with no promotion and no annoucement at all, without her face on the cover, must be one of the boldest moves in years from a Superstar like her.

Congrats to her.

And the first three tracks I've already heard are sounding good too. Very surprisingly so.

If RBA is a Princess, then I'm his Mario
(Lone but proud member of the SP Club)

Currently reigning in the Rosmalen and Stuttgart lands,
in a way your favourites could never.

MachineGun is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #75
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
The album itself is just as messy as Yeezus too... Beyonce is not made for 6min+ songs. Justin Timberlake she is not. Keep it 4min and under, Bey. I really wanted to like this. I've heard the videos help so I'll try watching them.
Which one is the Sia track? I thought I read there was one she worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I think Britney is the best.