Who is the best emergent diva of pop? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #46
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is the best emergent diva of pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivelina_P View Post
I thought Lana del Rey was good before I heard her live performances,she can't sing to save her life.At least Adele sounded as good as in the studio recordings.
I am very disappointed to hear that
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #47
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
There is more character in Lorde's singles than in the whole of Mariah Carey's discography. Carey's output serves as yet another proof that a very good singer doesn't make a very good artist.
Your opinion. I've always thought Mariah has written great songs, especially early in her career. Perhaps you should listen to something other than her radio-friendly singles.

As for Lorde, she's just a younger Lily Allen to me. Nothing I haven't heard from lesser known independent artists. And as I said, her voice isn't unique to me either. It doesn't stand out even if her "lyrics" do and bitching about other artists do. But this is all my opinion.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ZetaKizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #48
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaKizzy View Post
Your opinion. I've always thought Mariah has written great songs, especially early in her career. Perhaps you should listen to something other than her radio-friendly singles.

As for Lorde, she's just a younger Lily Allen to me. Nothing I haven't heard from lesser known independent artists. And as I said, her voice isn't unique to me either. It doesn't stand out even if her "lyrics" do and bitching about other artists do. But this is all my opinion.

ZK,

What are your 10 fav Mariah songs?

DJOKOCOASTER
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #49
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

It's always disappointing when singers can't sing live. Studios can work magic.

DJOKOCOASTER
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #50
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
ZK,

What are your 10 fav Mariah songs?

In no particular order:

Vision of Love
Vanishing
If It's Over
Til the End of Time
Everything Fades Away
Always Be My Baby
Breakdown
Close My Eyes (this is my favorite actually)
Petals
For the Record

Ironically, her most popular song is the only song of hers that my ears bleed when I hear it: One Sweet Day.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
country flag Mr. Oracle

^^^ Thanks. It's been a while since I heard her stuff, but there's no denying her extraordinary talent. That's why I asked for the list. Will give those songs a go...

DJOKOCOASTER
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #52
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Just needed to post somewhere that Lady Gaga's ARTPOP is out of the TOP 1500 on Australian iTunes! The Fame Monster is still TOP 600! WTF!

Rihanna has both versions of Unapologetic in the TOP 400, Loud at #404 and Talk That Talk TOP 800

Applause never made TOP 10 here, and Do What U Want hasn't made TOP 20 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
The youngest player in the WTA Top-100 is 18 years and 11 months old. See, nowadays not even paedophiles should be particularly interested in the women's tennis.
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #53
country flag ZetaKizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Just needed to post somewhere that Lady Gaga's ARTPOP is out of the TOP 1500 on Australian iTunes! The Fame Monster is still TOP 600! WTF!

Rihanna has both versions of Unapologetic in the TOP 400, Loud at #404 and Talk That Talk TOP 800

Applause never made TOP 10 here, and Do What U Want hasn't made TOP 20 yet.
You hate Lady Gaga that much that you stalk charts to see where she is and find others to compare her to? Really though?

Old 12-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #54
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Mariah Carey.

In this generation, Queen Rihanna, and Queen Miley.

Lady Gaga uses gay rights as means to her ends, and now people are getting sick of her. Beyonce tries too hard to be Michael Jackson and she fails everytime

Adele is Adele.

Weak era.
King Rafael "#1 Papi!" Nadal 1-8-2-2-G-61 | Prince Andy "Lendlray" Murray 1-1-G-28

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-1-1-1-S-29 | VIP Ana "Adje!" Ivanovic 1-12 | Madame Li Na 1-1- 9
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #55
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In no particular order:

Vision of Love
Vanishing
If It's Over
Til the End of Time
Everything Fades Away
Always Be My Baby
Breakdown
Close My Eyes (this is my favorite actually)
Petals
For the Record

Ironically, her most popular song is the only song of hers that my ears bleed when I hear it: One Sweet Day.
This, and Hero.

And yes at you stanning for If It's Over.
King Rafael "#1 Papi!" Nadal 1-8-2-2-G-61 | Prince Andy "Lendlray" Murray 1-1-G-28

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-1-1-1-S-29 | VIP Ana "Adje!" Ivanovic 1-12 | Madame Li Na 1-1- 9
Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #56
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Melisma (what Mariah excels at and others like Ms. Aguilera fail at. I like Xtina but no) is actually a very hard thing to do. Mariah doesn't overdo it. It's very prevalent in gospel choirs and even opera. Lana puts me to sleep although the original version of Summertime Sadness is nice.

Whitney has power, but Mariah is just in a different league. (I may be biased because I'm a lamb )
The thing I respect about Mariah is that she wrote all of her original songs, her vocals are just extraordinary, especially how she incorporates her whistles on her songs as melodies, aka Bliss/Angels Prelude.

WTA Royalties
Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 AM   #57
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

All of them are massive mugs.

Best match in 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auv_J0RcW0Q
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #58
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You hate Lady Gaga that much that you stalk charts to see where she is and find others to compare her to? Really though?

I used to like Gaga. The Fame was a great debut, and honestly - NO pop girl has had songs as great as Bad Romance or Pokerface - not even my gal queen Riri.

But post Bad Romance, her antics have become unbearable and she's been difficult to relate to at all. The 99c album first week, her terrible music videos, her music isn't as good, the 'ART' of it all.

I actually want to like her but she makes it difficult. I love Judas (apart from the abhorrent chorus), Marry the Night and Do What U Want - but all of her performances for that song have been disasterous! She's got a great voice, and so does R. Kelly - just sing the song beautifully and nail the damn thing! Even Sexxx Dreams had promise with it's huge chorus - but they fucked with it enough to make it sound pretty average.

I hope this is a wake up call for her to be honest. Australia isn't here for her this era, but I don't think it's particularly this era's fault rather than the bad aftertaste of Born This Way. Outside TOP 1500? To me that is an incredible disappointment - Katy Perry's Prism was #21 last time I checked. This early in the game it's a huge disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
The youngest player in the WTA Top-100 is 18 years and 11 months old. See, nowadays not even paedophiles should be particularly interested in the women's tennis.
Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #59
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
I used to like Gaga. The Fame was a great debut, and honestly - NO pop girl has had songs as great as Bad Romance or Pokerface - not even my gal queen Riri.

But post Bad Romance, her antics have become unbearable and she's been difficult to relate to at all. The 99c album first week, her terrible music videos, her music isn't as good, the 'ART' of it all.

I actually want to like her but she makes it difficult. I love Judas (apart from the abhorrent chorus), Marry the Night and Do What U Want - but all of her performances for that song have been disasterous! She's got a great voice, and so does R. Kelly - just sing the song beautifully and nail the damn thing! Even Sexxx Dreams had promise with it's huge chorus - but they fucked with it enough to make it sound pretty average.

I hope this is a wake up call for her to be honest. Australia isn't here for her this era, but I don't think it's particularly this era's fault rather than the bad aftertaste of Born This Way. Outside TOP 1500? To me that is an incredible disappointment - Katy Perry's Prism was #21 last time I checked. This early in the game it's a huge disaster.
She became too pretentious, and egoistic. That's what happened to her. She thinks that her art is amazing and what not, which is why she decided to overemphasize her nature. And I guess people are finally have had enough of her, including her most loyal fans.

WTA Royalties
Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #60
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong Mong View Post
Whitney has power, but Mariah is just in a different league. (I may be biased because I'm a lamb )
The thing I respect about Mariah is that she wrote all of her original songs, her vocals are just extraordinary, especially how she incorporates her whistles on her songs as melodies, aka Bliss/Angels Prelude.
Oh please Whitney is the GOAT. Mariah still looks like an amateur on stage, Whitney was a true live performer. She was epic. Also Whitney's music was mature, Mariah is still trying to compete with the teenagers. Anyway I like both, but if one was in a different league it was Whitney, and both Mariah/Celine have said it.

Last edited by nadalfan2013 : 12-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.
nadalfan2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote