Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
True.

In terms of female rights, I believe in the western world they are getting pretty good rights these days and feminism movements have helped. However in certain countries women are still poorly treated. Isn't it Qatar where they have to fully cover themselves?
The thing is, the real question of feminism nowadays is not really about legal rights. At least, not in our countries, where women and men are (at least in theory) treated equally by the law.
In certain countries the law is openly misogynistic, then that's just far far worse but that does not mean these countries are the only ones that need feminism.

Discrimination against women, and I should say more generally, harm caused by gender stereotypes about both men and women is not a matter of law. It is a matter of society, of how we perceive people, of how we will judge someone's attitude differently according to what gender they are.

Feminism is not only about "rights", it's far more complicated than that.

To give an extreme example, African-Americans in the US have had the right to vote for a very long time, but that does not mean they were able to exercise it. And that does not mean that they were not still subjected to all sorts of social discriminations.
Equality before the law is usually just the first step, but to fight the social perceptions is what takes an awful lot of time.

So yes, while those who are discriminated against, or who are not in the powerful positions are "whining", it seems to other people that they are being heard more than the "silent majority". But that's the very definition of privilege : privilege is something that's invisible to those who enjoy it.

For instance, I am privileged compared to blacks or arabs in my countries because I never have to worry about being discriminated against for my origin, religion, or skin colour. If I go out without my ID card, I don't have to worry about being taken to the police station, because I'm a blue-eyed blonde and the police never asks me for my ID in the street. This is privilege : not having to worry about these things. But lots of people don't realise this, precisely because it is an absence of worry, not something you can feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Do women seriously believe that no men are subject to domestic violence or **** by a female at all?
You haven't read my message, obviously, because I was precisely referring to the extra difficulty for men to complain of abuse, since they are supposed to be the "strong" ones and male victims of **** or domestic violence will often be treated with shame and ridicule.

However, do you seriously think you can compare this type of abuse against women and against men, in terms of sheer scale? I'm not saying that male victims are individually less important than women victims, but the disproportion between the two is just so big, you cannot even compare the importance of the two phenomena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advantage_Set View Post
Great post. Too bad no one except someone like me who agrees with it will take the time to read it, but still, good effort to try and silence all the internet machos with their deranged point of views.
Thanks. The problem is that no one who does not have the patience to read it should feel entitled to talk about feminism or make stupid jokes.
When it's not the light bulb joke, it's the kitchen joke (go make a sandwich), in any case, it's just an attempt at silencing us by people who don't listen anyway.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is that feminist is a huge part of post modernist discourse and part of the ilk of 'social justice'. All of their arguments rely on emotions, no logic, no science and certainly no statistical data. They will never argue logically, only shame you for your opinion [ie 'your misigonistic, ' you must be bitter' etc]. As soon as anyone uses words like 'privelege' or 'culture' you can discard their arguments with the peace of mind that they won't argue logically anyway.

Logical reasoning is the best, for in science and logic we trust. Feminism does not rely on logic or science to further their case hence it shall not be considered or taken seriously.

Alas if it only was as simple as that since Western countries are becoming extremely feminised and laws are reflecting this. Oh well you can minimise the risk as much as possible by not marrying at all.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
country flag IsDonsIsGood

IsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond reputeIsDonsIsGood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Feminism is about debunking gender stereotypes and creating a better world for everyone.
No, that's egalitarianism. Please don't pretend feminists care a single iota about "privileged" men. Feminism has LONG gone past its expiry date in Western countries; it's nothing more than a bigoted hate group at this point.
IsDonsIsGood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, regarding false accusations as opposed to victims who don't speak... If you have the patience to read, I also have a story of my own.
It wasn't sexual assault, but at the very least, highly inappropriate behaviour from a much older man, who had some kind of authority over me, and who tried to lure me into having sex with him in the back of his shop while his wife was away (I was 18 years old, he must have been close to 60).

This guy was, let's say, some kind of teacher. He called me one afternoon when I was at home, and claimed that he needed me to come to his office because there was an important document which I had not signed. I told him I was almost sure I had already signed this document (indeed I had), but he insisted I come to the shop, so I did.
When I arrived, there was no one around, and especially, his wife who was usually there was away that day (not a coincidence).
He started chatting, made me sign the document, and then wouldn't let me go. He opened a door at the back of the shop, and said: "You see, this is where I have my lunch! Come, I'll show you!" (I was like "WTF do I care?!" but I'm a polite person, so I followed him anyway).
Then, he suddenly closed the door behind us, putting us in the dark, and tried to kiss me. I was really scared but I pretended to remain calm, and avoided the kiss.
He insisted "I would really like a little kiss!" I played dumb and said: "Oh yes! I'll kiss you goodbye, since I don't have any more business here!" I kissed him very quickly on both cheeks (in France that's acceptable) and went away.
He tried to catch my arm but I shook him off and said, "I have work to do, sorry, goodbye!", came out and ran away.
It took me some time to figure out what had really happened, I was really confused.

Well, I hope you would all agree that this type of behaviour is inappropriate and creepy, and that if you had an 18-year-old daughter, and you knew about this, you would not want this guy anywhere near her.
I never talked about this to anyone, except my parents after a while, and to friends many years later. At the time my parents were surprised but did not think I should talk about it. They said "Well, he did not use violence, maybe he just liked you and he wanted to make an attempt" (now I really find this creepy... what kind of "attempt" is that? Luring me with a lie, hoping that I would be intimidated into accepting to have sex with him because I was an impressionable 18-year-old girl? Scaring me to death in the process?)

Now, if I had talked about this, I would most probably have ruined his career. He is retired now, so there's no more danger, but what if I was not the first one? What if he had done this often, and sometimes succeeded with girls who were more impressionable than me? Indeed, his job would have put him in contact with LOTS of young teenagers.

Yet, in spite of the fact that I felt maybe I had a moral duty to say something, I decided not to. Because I had no evidence of anything. Because he had not been violent, and no actual assault had happened. Because I was scared people would not believe me. Because, strangely enough, even though I wasn't to blame in any way, I was ashamed. even though it was absolutely obvious that I had not done anything to attract this 60-year-old man, I still felt that maybe, like most victims of sexual assault, I would be blamed for bringing this upon me. Or maybe some people would say I was just a crazy girl who craved attention, or wanted revenge of some kind on this man.
So I decided not to talk to anyone outside my parents, but I am still scared that one day, I might discover that he had indeed been abusing some girls.

So, if in a case like this, where I did not even become a "victim" of anything except a big fright and many feelings of uneasiness, I already felt ashamed, I was scared not to be believed, and I decided that protecting this guy's reputation was more important than exposing him as a pervert and maybe protecting other girls...
I can only try to imagine what it must be like for victims of true sexual violence who are deeply traumatised, ashamed and disgusted with their own bodies, in doubt about their own guilt, afraid of what people will think of them once they reveal the story, etc, etc.

Because you probably have no idea how many women around you have been sexually assaulted, or subjected to inappropriate behaviour, and said nothing. This is what happens in the HUGE majority of cases. Accusations of sexual assault or **** are very serious, you know they will have terrible consequences. Claiming that women are sure to be always believed is ludicrous, one of the main reasons why they don't speak is that they are afraid they won't be believed since they often have no evidence.
I know at least two women around me who have been true victims. Three if you count domestic violence. I know none who have openly accused people of abusing them. How many more women (and possibly men) have been victims and never told me, or never told anyone?
Probably at least as many, even more, if studies are to be believed. Of course men are usually the last ones to know about these things, it's even more difficult to talk about this to men.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
country flag Sophitia36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
The truth is that feminist is a huge part of post modernist discourse and part of the ilk of 'social justice'. All of their arguments rely on emotions, no logic, no science and certainly no statistical data. They will never argue logically, only shame you for your opinion [ie 'your misigonistic, ' you must be bitter' etc]. As soon as anyone uses words like 'privelege' or 'culture' you can discard their arguments with the peace of mind that they won't argue logically anyway.

Logical reasoning is the best, for in science and logic we trust. Feminism does not rely on logic or science to further their case hence it shall not be considered or taken seriously.

Alas if it only was as simple as that since Western countries are becoming extremely feminised and laws are reflecting this. Oh well you can minimise the risk as much as possible by not marrying at all.
How do I answer that? By saying "Yes feminism does rely on logic?"
You have no arguments here, only arbitrary statements. Can anyone claim to have "logic" when they claim "privilege" does not exist? I mean, really?

And don't even get me started on the "emotion" thing. That's one of the main misogynist stereotypes. Women cannot think with their heads, only with their hearts.
So nothing I can say makes sense, I'm a woman, I don't have the ability to think logically. That is, especially if I don't agree with you.
(I wonder how I achieved so much in my education with such a dysfunctional brain, indeed).

You talk of science, are you not aware of how much "science" has been used for ideology? Does scientific racism mean nothing to you?

I can only laugh at your agument that we are becoming "feminized". If what you mean to say is that the imbalance is shifting towards equality, I agree with you, but I don't call that "feminization". That's just trying to strike a balance. Otherwise I can say that all the spheres of power are "masculinised" (and you can refer to your beloved scientific data to establish this, I believe!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsDonsIsGood View Post
No, that's egalitarianism. Please don't pretend feminists care a single iota about "privileged" men. Feminism has LONG gone past its expiry date in Western countries; it's nothing more than a bigoted hate group at this point.
No, it is feminism. If you don't know this, you don't know the first thing about feminism. Feminism IS about gender equality, NOT about female supremacy. Those who claim otherwise are just falling for anti-feminist propaganda, and using the fact that the name is misleading.

EDIT : If you want a proper source, here it is. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism
It says "the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities" and then "organized activity in support of women's rights and interests". It says nowhere "the belief that men are evil / that women are superior to men" or "organized activity to castrate all men and organize female domination of society."

And we do care about men and the stereotypes imposed upon them. Because you can both be "privileged" collectively and still be victimised by the system individually.
But I've said that already, no point in repeating myself again, it's not my fault if people don't listen.

As long as I'll be scared walking home at night, or that people will make me feel like I ought to be scared (or even that I'm irresponsible) because I walk home at night...
As long as I'll have to say "I'm not interested" 5 times to a guy who keeps following me around in the street because he won't take "no" as an answer...
As long as I'll have to leave a bar because I cannot have a quiet conversation with a female friend, since a guy won't leave us alone even after we've clearly told him that we're sorry, but we are having an important conversation and would like to be left alone...
As long as I get called a "bitch" or a "slut" by a guy because I've turned him down (very politely) or I'm simply not in a mood to talk to him...
As long as someone will try to shut me up by using the fact that I'm a woman and I don't know what I'm talking about...
Feminism will not be "past its expiry date", even in Western countries, no matter what you'd like to think.

Anyway, I really think I'm losing my time with you people. You are not interested in learning anything, you only want to hate on feminists or what you think feminists are, that's all. My messages are too long for you to read, I guess, because there is just so much to say here, I cannot do otherwise. But if you don't want to read them, if you are not genuinely interested then please don't talk about feminism, because you are as qualified to talk about it as I am to talk about the mechanism of nuclear fission.

Last edited by Sophitia36 : 11-09-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing is, the real question of feminism nowadays is not really about legal rights. At least, not in our countries, where women and men are (at least in theory) treated equally by the law.
In certain countries the law is openly misogynistic, then that's just far far worse but that does not mean these countries are the only ones that need feminism.

Discrimination against women, and I should say more generally, harm caused by gender stereotypes about both men and women is not a matter of law. It is a matter of society, of how we perceive people, of how we will judge someone's attitude differently according to what gender they are.

Feminism is not only about "rights", it's far more complicated than that.

To give an extreme example, African-Americans in the US have had the right to vote for a very long time, but that does not mean they were able to exercise it. And that does not mean that they were not still subjected to all sorts of social discriminations.
Equality before the law is usually just the first step, but to fight the social perceptions is what takes an awful lot of time.

So yes, while those who are discriminated against, or who are not in the powerful positions are "whining", it seems to other people that they are being heard more than the "silent majority". But that's the very definition of privilege : privilege is something that's invisible to those who enjoy it.

For instance, I am privileged compared to blacks or arabs in my countries because I never have to worry about being discriminated against for my origin, religion, or skin colour. If I go out without my ID card, I don't have to worry about being taken to the police station, because I'm a blue-eyed blonde and the police never asks me for my ID in the street. This is privilege : not having to worry about these things. But lots of people don't realise this, precisely because it is an absence of worry, not something you can feel.

You haven't read my message, obviously, because I was precisely referring to the extra difficulty for men to complain of abuse, since they are supposed to be the "strong" ones and male victims of **** or domestic violence will often be treated with shame and ridicule.

However, do you seriously think you can compare this type of abuse against women and against men, in terms of sheer scale? I'm not saying that male victims are individually less important than women victims, but the disproportion between the two is just so big, you cannot even compare the importance of the two phenomena.

Thanks. The problem is that no one who does not have the patience to read it should feel entitled to talk about feminism or make stupid jokes.
When it's not the light bulb joke, it's the kitchen joke (go make a sandwich), in any case, it's just an attempt at silencing us by people who don't listen anyway.
Good post

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #22
country flag twoflower

twoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yet your post contains no logic, science or statistical data, just unsubstantiated statements and opinions

Last edited by twoflower : 11-09-2013 at 04:11 PM.
twoflower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #23
country flag Sophitia36

This is a rather interesting link.

"Busting myths about feminism with science"
http://freethoughtblogs.com/bruterea...-with-science/

Now, you may point out that these studies were somewhat biased. I agree. But I was not the one who pointed to "science" as the ultimate litmus test to any kind of truth.
I believe science is eminently ideological, even though some studies will have better methodology than others. But the claim you always hear that "studies have shown that..." really don't mean much, unless you have read all the studies and looked into the methodology, who paid for them, etc...

I always get into the same debate about the validity of "scientific studies" whenever I start talking about videogames and the fact that I do not believe those who blame society's violence on violent games.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #24
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do I answer that? By saying "Yes feminism does rely on logic?"
Feminism does not rely on logic.

Logic and science are the truth, nor surprise here then that logic was thought up by men and science is utterly dominated by men [and advanced and discovered by men].
Quote:
You have no arguments here, only arbitrary statements. Can anyone claim to have "logic" when they claim "privilege" does not exist? I mean, really?
Correct. I wasn't responding to any arguments, I was indeed just giving my opinion hence it was a statement.

Quote:
And don't even get me started on the "emotion" thing. That's one of the main misogynist stereotypes. Women cannot think with their heads, only with their hearts.
Indeed this is correct. It's a scientific fact that men are more logical than women.

Proof:
Quote:
T]he male brain experiences an acid flush about three months into gestation damaging the corpus callosum, or intermediary between the two hemispheres. This makes women more prone to bounce around between hemispheres, and men more prone to focus cognitive energy to areas of the brain consistently. Furthermore, the caudate nucleus, ventral tegmental area (VTA), limbic system, are shown to be up to three times larger and far more active in the female brain than in the male brain. The combined over influence from irrational, emotional centers of the brain together with the propensity to bounce around frenetically between hemispheres, leads to a less rational, more emotional product.

And why would nature build women in such a manner? Because, in accordance with CH axioms, nature has designed women to be more emotionally prone for the (main) purpose of child rearing. Furthermore, the rapid oscillation between hemispheres allows them to parallelize household tasks in the home, i.e. taking care of children, cooking, cleaning, negotiating with other units in the tribe, etc. Males on the other hand, have more inherent ability to focus. That combined with a heightened depth perception made us more adept for the hunter gatherer role. It goes without saying thus far, we are in complete agreement with CH maxims.
Cititations:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...56146854,d.ZG4

http://neurosciencefundamentals.unsw...re+involved%3F

So yes I am sick of this wishy washy PC talk that men and women are equal in every sense. Of course this also means that women are better in other areas using the brain than men, but in terms of formulating arguments and thinking logically there is no doubt that on average men are better.
Quote:
So nothing I can say makes sense, I'm a woman, I don't have the ability to think logically. That is, especially if I don't agree with you.
Not because you're a woman. But because you're a feminist.

Any discussion with feminists are futile, I am only here to destroy you so others don't fall for your rhetoric and set an example henceforth.

Quote:
(I wonder how I achieved so much in my education with such a dysfunctional brain, indeed).
Please don't tell me that the education system is an accurate representation of someone's true abilities.

Let's begin by asking: is your education in a STEM field?

Quote:
You talk of science, are you not aware of how much "science" has been used for ideology? Does scientific racism mean nothing to you?
Not if you cite sources and actually check the scientific literature.

Science does not lie, people misrepresenting science can lead to 'scientific racism' and other ills.

Quote:
I can only laugh at your agument that we are becoming "feminized".
Well, that is a personal observation of mine, in terms of social behaviours. Men are still required to keep their roles in society as breadwinners yet women are free to do whatever they want - be it destroying society by becoming a single mother [yes this does have bad effect both on the child and soceity and I can give you studies to prove this]. Furthermore I've seen more are acting more feminine [lisps are becoming common, skinny jeans being mainstream] and many are becoming emotional wrecks like most women, unable to argue logically. Of course there's scientific research on these things, you can only observe such behaviour and I'm sure you'll agree with me on these points.
Quote:
If what you mean to say is that the imbalance is shifting towards equality, I agree with you, but I don't call that "feminization". That's just trying to strike a balance. Otherwise I can say that all the spheres of power are "masculinised" (and you can refer to your beloved scientific data to establish this, I believe!)

Isn't this the same country which has banned men from getting DNA on children to see if it's there?

Yup some great equality this is. From Napoleon who said that men have every right to know who is their child to now, where France is a socialist hell hole. Also reminds me of Sweden and the Nordic countries; from the Vikings who were real men, you could literally sense testosterone oozing out of them to now where it's a feminist utopia. Cannot believe how men can stand idly by and let this happen. Dammit too many white knights and manginas around nowadays.

In fact the whole premise of equality is not logical since men and women are not equal, both physically and mentally.

Quote:
No, it is feminism. If you don't know this, you don't know the first thing about feminism. Feminism IS about gender equality, NOT about female supremacy. Those who claim otherwise are just falling for anti-feminist propaganda, and using the fact that the name is misleading.
Nope, I have never seen feminism protesting about problems men face. Ergo, it is not about equality. Can you give me an example of a concentrated effort adopted by many mainstream feminists to protest about issues men face?

Quote:
And we do care about men and the stereotypes imposed upon them. Because you can both be "privileged" collectively and still be victimised by the system individually.
You contradict yourself in the same sentence. So you can be privileged yet be victimised by the system?

So how much victimised do you need to be by the system to not be considered ''priveleged'', where do you set the boundary on such an arbitrary concept.

Ah yes, the men who are so privileged that they live lesser than women by quite a few years in nearly every country

Oh yes, the same male privelge which means that breast cancer receives more funding than prostate cancer despite both affecting men and women the same.

Quote:
According to estimates from the National Institutes of Health, in the United States in 2010, 207,090 women and 1,970 men will get new cases of breast cancer, while 39,840 women and 390 men will likely die from the disease. The estimated new cases of prostate cancer this year — all affecting men — is 217,730, while it is predicted 32,050 will die from the disease.

In fiscal year 2009, breast cancer research received $872 million worth of federal funding, while prostate cancer received $390 million. It is estimated that fiscal year 2010 will end similarly, with breast cancer research getting $891 million and prostate cancer research receiving $399 million.
Citation: http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/05/br...er-of-victims/

And it's pretty much the same throughout all countries in the world.
I'm pretty sure a lot of men are enjoying that privilege
Quote:
As long as I'll be scared walking home at night, or that people will make me feel like I ought to be scared (or even that I'm irresponsible) because I walk home at night...
That's funny because men are far more victims of violent crimes than women:

Men are 76% of homicide victims as well the majority victims of violent assaults and muggings.

''Male victims were most often physically assaulted by a stranger or by someone else outside of the family. In 2008, men were the victims of 80% of all reported attacks by strangers.''

http://www.victimsweek.gc.ca/res/r512.html

Citation: http://www.cdc.gov/injury/index.html

Of course these are American statistics but I'd wager that it's more or less the same in other Western countries.

So tell me cupcake, why should your safety be prioritised over men's? Don't you want equality after all? It's quite clear men are the victims of violent crime far more than women.

Also wanting safety over freedom is an inherent feminine trait, seeing as how most Western countries are eroding liberty in the name of safety is another example of a femininsed society and thus it is not surprising these concepts have always been perpetrated by men and feminists quite clearly want several freedoms eroded for their safety.

''Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.''
Quote:
As long as I'll have to say "I'm not interested" 5 times to a guy who keeps following me around in the street because he won't take "no" as an answer...
As long as I'll have to leave a bar because I cannot have a quiet conversation with a female friend, since a guy won't leave us alone even after we've clearly told him that we're sorry, but we are having an important conversation and would like to be left alone...
As long as I get called a "bitch" or a "slut" by a guy because I've turned him down (very politely) or I'm simply not in a mood to talk to him...
Yet if no one gave you any interest you'd also be complaining that society considers you ugly and doesn't give you the attention you deserve.

These problems literally reek of ''first world problems''.

In fact one needs to ask why would you be in a bar to have a ''quiet conversation''? Who the heck goes to bars to have 'quiet conversation'?! I'm sure there are many other venues out there to accommodate that. NID you there to soak up the attention men give you yet don't want any of them making a move on you [unless it's the tattooed thug or drug dealer].
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
Yet your post contains no logic, science or statistical data, just unsubstantiated statements and opinions
Of course, like I said I wasn't responding to an argument, I was just putting my opinion across.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I'm a social democrat, and I support equality between the sexes, men and women should have equal pay and the same rights.

That said, these radical feminists disgust me. They're saying that all men are rapists, and that all men should be killed, and that women should rule the world. Like WTF?!?! Is this what feminism has turned into? It's just wrong imo. We need both sexes to survive as a species, but no sex should be above the other, and this goes both ways. Feminists need to stop putting themselves above men. It should be about equality and equal rights, not about anything else.

ETA: and lesbians are worst in this aspect. I support LGBT rights. I have gay friends. But there's just one thing I don't get about lesbians.. they HATE, and I mean literally HATE, transgendered people. You have no idea how much hate Chaz got when he came out as trangenedred, and from his own community!

So yeah, all in all.. I think feminists should look at themselves and their cause. The discourse needs to change, focus on what's ACTUALLY important, like equal rights, and women being able to be themselves, whether that's butch, feminine, straight, lesbian or transgendered. Just please, I beg of you, stop with this hate for transgendered people and men. It's unnecessary. It won't help your cause. I think it will just make people hate feminism even more.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.

Last edited by FormerRafaFan : 11-09-2013 at 06:05 PM.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Honestly, I'm a social democrat, and I support equality between the sexes, men and women should have equal pay and the same rights.

That said, these radical feminists disgust me. They're saying that all men are rapists, and that all men should be killed, and that women should rule the world. Like WTF?!?! Is this what feminism has turned into? It's just wrong imo. We need both sexes to survive as a species, but no sex should be above the other, and this goes both ways. Feminists need to stop putting themselves above men. It should be about equality and equal rights, not about anything else.
These radical feminists are the very small minority. I doubt many people take them seriously even feminists themselves.

But that still doesn't mean that feminism isn't flawed because it's exremely flawed.

Also yeah feminism's hate towards gay/transgendered is disgusting. And makes them look more of a joke.

I see feminism as a test by women to see which men are desperate and foolish enough to fall for it.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #27
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

at the women in here taking time to respond to the trollbait. Just no.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #28
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

^ This.

Ladies, these trolls are basically asking you to jerk them off and you're obliging.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
country flag twoflower

twoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Feminism does not rely on logic.

Indeed this is correct. It's a scientific fact that men are more logical than women.

Proof:

Cititations:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...56146854,d.ZG4

http://neurosciencefundamentals.unsw...re+involved%3F
Bouncing between hemispheres that's hilarious
Also excellent citations
twoflower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #30
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
Bouncing between hemispheres that's hilarious
Also excellent citations
brb Yale university research is not good citation.

Interesting here that citing your points with scientific research and arguing logically is considered troll baiting, yet calling someone a misoginist and other labels such as 'troll baiting'' as your only form of a response [so basically ad homs] is not considered as such.

Seems like the education system really has gone to the gutter. Fucking hell I hate post modernist discourse which is all about feewings and nothing to do with the pursuit of knowledge and truth. Only about what you feel should be right and what you feel should be wrong.