Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
country flag 2003
Registered User
 
2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,372
2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

http://www.debate.org/opinions/do-wo...todays-society

I'm not saying that I think women have more rights, but outside third world countries, I just refuse to accept that women are anywhere near as far behind men as extremist femminists make it out to be. I really think it is about the same, nature has found a great way of levelling it out for both sexes.

Here are just some gems.

As a woman...

I believe that women have a lot more rights then men. We have better rights in domestic violence, and family law. I have worked many jobs and now in a largley male dominated work place. I have the same benefits, pay, hours, expectations, and respect than any of the men I work with. Its not largely male dominated because women arent allowed to work there, but because women chose not to. Also, its not just women who feel objectified or oppressed, its men too.

The draft... Enough said.

Even though that should be enough said, I will expound more.
Men are delegated to work the most dangerous and unappealing jobs. Coal miners, garbage collectors, construction workers, agricultural farmers, and other back-breaking, dangerous, and biologically hazardous jobs are all done by men.
Society expects men to behave in ways that are unequal to women. Ladies before gentlemen has been a standard for all of recorded history... So how is that not preferential to women?
The draft is the forced conscription (slavery) of men, where they are given guns and forced, at penalty of death, to kill other people. Joseph Kony did this to children in Uganda and there have been several massive social movements, protests, and riots regarding how despicable this is... But so long as the child grows to age 18, has a penis, and the aggressor doing it is the United States federal government, some how the laws of morality change and this is okay.
When something tragic happens, the media always reports the number dead, and then lists how many of those people were women and children... Because men are disposable. "We lost 300 lives today, but only 12 of them were women, so it's not that bad" is essentially how we are trained to think in this country.

No rights when it comes to kids. She can have an abortion, I can't. So I'm the deadbeat dad! Men have no choice. Why does my healthcare cost more than hers? Why does my car insurance cost more than HERS? Why is it easier for HER to get a school grant than me? HA! Why do women get lesser prison time for the same crimes as men? I could go on and on. Whatever woman is running this can check the stats and find all the things I've listed are true, but SHE won't.

ooking at family court laws where women seem to have custody over children, even though this might not be the best decision. From my perspective family courts and laws seemed to biased towards women, making men seem to be less responsible and less reliable in caring for a child. However this is not the case as women can be equally irresponsible and unreliable, but family courts still give them custody, which might be an appalling decision. When a child is in the mix, the gender of a parent shouldn't effect the outcome of the verdict, it should be which parent that will give the child a better lifestyle.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
I would say yes

I hear on the no side that some woman are still treated bad by men, but i see it today that goes both ways. I also hear that jobs don't give off for pregnancy but yet i thought this was a debate about equal rights, that would be a case of one upping men. In fact most jobs in society are willing to work with woman and there time clock dealing with there pregnancy.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
For those saying no, for my benefit please name some rights men have that women don't.

Women have the right to keep a child if pregnant and give it up for adoption, absolving herself of financial responsibility. Men do not.

Women have the right to keep the baby even if the father did not want the baby and had taken reasonable precautions to avoid pregnancy. Men do not and will have to accept the decision of the female to govern their livelihood.

Women have the right to abort a baby for any reason. Men do not.

Women have the right to scam a man into child support if it is not his, a man has little right to fight against a fraudulent claim.

Women have the right to choose whether they wish to be drafted in war, emergency or martial law recruitment. Men do not.

Women have the right to child custody almost unanimously even if the father wants custody as well. Men are severely disadvantaged.

Women have the right to falsely accuse of domestic abuse in family court, or **** cases with virtually no chance of any legal repercussion even if it ruins the mans life.

Women have the right to hold underage statutory male **** victims accountable for child support. Men would be hard pressed not ending up in jail for sex offence in this case.

Women who commit crimes are systematically held less accountable than their male counterparts, by police and courts to the extent that there is a vast disparity in almost every possible crime. Many female Rapists, pedophiles and murderers get away with their crime or get severely reduced charges because they try to justify her actions threw sympathy that men do not get.

Women have the right to talk about their gender issues without being wrongfully dubbed politically incorrect or backwards, men do not, even if they feel not addressing these issues is what is backwards.

Maybe there are more, and maybe there are some that women don't have that I am not seeing, but it seems to me that there are a lot more rights women have that men don't that are paramount to the happiness of men and often children and social efficiency as a whole.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
Women have more rights than Men

Men's health is suffering - more men die of cancers and yet women are given more in health - no one cares about men's health problems e.g. prostate cancer, its always about women. If a woman hits a man the police laugh at the man if he reports it because the legal system is so against men it is incredible!
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
Yes, they do

Especially in divorce courts and child custody cases, even to an unfair extent at times. A woman can cry **** and the man in question's reputation would go down the drain; on the other hand, men getting ***** is still treated as a joke, unfortunately. Women get lesser sentences for the same crimes a man would get harsher time in prison for. Women get favored in promotional instances on the job site, because there's always the threat that a woman will sue for sexual discrimination.

Opponents will argue that women get paid less to the dollar than a man for the same job a man does, but I've seen conflicting reports on this. Even if it were true, it is far outweighed by the advantages women have in rights.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
Reality proves it

Females can send a man to jail, or ruin his career, just on their word...No evidence at all.
Women have laws to only protect them. VAWA is only about protecting women. While there are none just for men. Meaning half of the violence must be addressed, and ignore the other half (which comes from women).
Public education has been changed to suit the needs of girl's method of learning. While at the same time THEY know boys learn differently, and don't care.
Women have laws to FORCE companies to hire them (EOC).
By current definition only a female can be *****. Unwanted, or forced sex on a male is just an assault.
Women have reproductive rights, men have none.
Men's child support is enforced to the fullest. In the limited case where females have to pay child support the amount is less, and when they fail to pay hardly ever, if anything, is done about it. When a man does not follow a custody order he pays dearly for it. When a woman fails to follow a custody order seldom if ever is anything done about it.
When a woman commits a crime her sentence(if any)is lower then what a male committing the same crime would receive.
And yes, I'll throw it in here...In order to be a citizen of the USA (as defined by the Supreme Court) with full rights one must serve the country in the time of need. This does not apply to women, yet they get the same rights.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
They do have more rights.

A man has almost no chance to get custody of his children in the vent of a divorce. They also have no reproductive rights and cannot fight any of this without being called sexist. Finally, men get payed more, but it has been proven that women are less focused on their tasks in a office environment.
Posted by: Anonymous
Report Post
Like Reply
0
0
Yes, they do!

Feminism tries to get more rights for women today. And they succeeded in that. The problem is they want to turn the tables and to be the more dominant one's. They got rights to vote, to work, to earn but then they still don't want to accept reality - with greater power comes greater responsibility. I don't mean "raising the children, chores" etc. But even with today's women we have to treat them like gentlemen and women don't do their time. No one even questions women.

I was accused to beat my middle school female friend (she pointed finger on me even though she was not beaten in any form of it, it was just to punish me for not giving her my notebook so she can copy my homework). Anyways, no one ever questioned that (no one still doesn't believes me) and thus I had to beg her for forgiveness in front of everyone for the whole week and I also got my behavior grade lowered for two grades (one more and I would be expelled).
__________________
"I did not play my best tennis, no? And..that is what enable him to win..to win this match no? "

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.


Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
country flag Htom Sirveaux
Registered User
 
Htom Sirveaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 29
Posts: 3,477
Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

You should have just provided a link. The all bold text and weird formatting here make it look like a crank manifesto. And maybe it is a crank manifesto, but it does look at least professional on the site you got it from. I'll never know though: tl;dr.
__________________
Agassi | Nadal
Almagro | Coria | Ferrer | Haas | Nalbandian | Nishikori | Raonic | Robredo | Wawrinka
Bautista Agut | Bellucci | Blake | Dimitrov | Djokovic | Dodig | Ferrero | Fognini | Gasquet | Hewitt | Kohlschreiber | Murray | Rosol | Seppi | Tsonga | Tursunov
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 14,064
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

The first gem is that the writer has the same pay as men. One person is not the average for the developed world.

The second gem is the US draft. The draft was discontinued in 1973 - 40 years ago and is used as an argument about today's society?????

With this kind of logic, why not go back a few more years and claim that women have less rights because they do not have the vote?

And why is that long post riddled with grammatical errors that a schoolchild would not even make? The final paragraph is a good example of this pervasive illiteracy.
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly : 11-08-2013 at 11:20 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
country flag GOAT = Fed
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,794
GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

> Feminism
> Logic

Choose one.

Western societies have become extremely gyno-centric and it'll come back to bite us.

The world has been built and advanced all through men, if women are prioritised over men [which is what is happening now] we'll never make advancements society will decline. That is all.


Inb4 white knights and feminists.

Last edited by GOAT = Fed : 11-08-2013 at 05:05 PM.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
country flag LoveFifteen
Registered User
 
LoveFifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Washington DC
Age: 32
Posts: 2,528
LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

^^^^

LMAO! How small is your dick, GOAT = Fed????
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
country flag GOAT = Fed
Registered User
 
GOAT = Fed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,794
GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveFifteen View Post
^^^^

LMAO! How small is your dick, GOAT = Fed????
Yawn, and usually the only response you'll see are: Ad-homs.

Good luck with your arguing logically goals for 2014 and beyond.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #7
country flag Sophitia36
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 2,079
Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Well, all I want to say to the OP is: you have absolutely no idea what feminism is.

Seriously, I REALLY wish people would take some time to LEARN things about feminism before talking about it. Because it turns out that pretty much 90% of the people I see trashing "feminism" are completely besides the point. Because what you are talking about here is not "feminism".

You say : "Feminism tries to get more rights for women today. And they succeeded in that. The problem is they want to turn the tables and to be the more dominant one's".
Absolutely not.
OK, I'll give you one thing: the name "feminism" is misleading. It leads some ill-informed people to believe that it promotes women only, and that it's women against men.
Feminism was NEVER about "female domination". Feminism is about debunking gender stereotypes and creating a better world for everyone. It is also about fighting patriarchy, indeed, but "patriarchy" does not mean "men".

I won't try to debunk all your examples claiming that women have MORE rights than men overall... It is utterly ridiculous and biased.
If I only take two examples... Don't you think the reason why women are more protected against domestic violence is that they represent, maybe, the VAST majority of the victims? Do you really think women are privileged because they can send a man to prison for sexual assault or domestic violence? I mean... in your opinion, when we have on the one side the thousands of women being sexually assaulted or killed by their husbands everywhere in the world (the vast majority of whom remain silent because they're ashamed, traumatised or afraid they won't be believed), and on the other side, a few cases of men being falsely accused by crazy women, the bigger victims overall are the men? What kind of logic is that?

Same thing about abortion... You are right, a man cannot have an abortion. But you know what? They can't be pregnant either! I agree that to a certain extent, not having the woman's ability to procreate can be frustrating for the man. But in the history of humanity, whenever a child was conceived out of wedlock, who do you think suffered the most overall? The father, who could perfectly run away, or claim it wasn't him? Or the woman, who could not hide, was publicly shamed and shunned by society as a slut, and had the responsibility to feed the child when the father had abandoned them? I mean, seriously?
I really think it's the first time I've ever seen someone say that having an abortion was somehow a privilege. And I'm not even talking about the trauma of having an unwanted child growing in your own body. To me the thought it utterly creepy.

This being said, I'm coming to the definition of feminism. And YES, you would be surprised, but feminism DOES recognize that men are also victims of the gender stereotypes. The fact that they are still globally in a dominant position in society (and unless you are completely deluded, you have to accept that this is the case), does not mean that they cannot individually suffer from the roles imposed to them.

You quoted the draft, you quoted custody of the children in cases of divorce... and you are absolutely right. You can also say that men are put under a lot of social pressure to make a lot of money, to provide for their families, to be strong so they can protect them physically, etc... It's also true that the few men who ARE beaten or abused by their wives are often made fun of, when they are also victims and their suffering should be acknowledged, not ridiculed.

But why is it that, for instance, children are systematically given to the mother? Because there is an old gender stereoptype which says that the only vocation of women is to be mothers, and that henceforth, they are the only ones who can properly take care of children. And the corollary is that men are unable to take care of their children, or at least, not as well as their mother would.
And you know what? This is precisely what feminism has always been fighting against : defining one's abilities by his or her gender, confining women to the domestic sphere only, and men to the world of work, etc.

As a feminist, I would completely agree that it is sexist to give the children to the mother systematically. Most men can take care of children just as well as women, if they are given a chance to do it. Some women are also very bad at taking care of children. Of course we may be "trained" to take care of children more, because we are told again and again from an early age that this is our only true role. But in reality, individuals have different abilities and it's not just down to their gender.

THIS is feminism. If only people could understand that feminism is not a struggle of WOMEN VS MEN, but a collective effort including women and men to free individuals from gender stereotyping... this would be a huge step forward.

I'm not denying that you will find some women who claim to be making "feminist statements" when all they are doing is trashing men using stupid stereotypes. These women are the exact opposite of a feminist, they are only using the very stereotypes that feminism wants to debunk and turning them against men. "Man-haters" are not feminists, they are just bitter and stupid, and so brainwashed by gender stereotypes that they don't even realize they are perpetuating them.

Now, I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience with someone accusing you of something you did not do. But I think it is very self-centered to conclude that because YOU had such an unpleasant experience, people like you (and you make a generalisation to apply this to all men) are the bigger victims.
Lots and lots of victims of sexual assault are not believed, are blamed for their own assault, or are simply punished for being sexually assaulted. Some of them die, or spend years going to the hospital as a result of the assault. Many of them commit suicide, or remain psychologically crippled for life. I know at least two women who were victims, one is still suffering from the physical and psychological damages, and the other sadly ended up taking her own life a few years ago after years of severe depression. Lots of women who are beaten by their husbands also die because they were too afraid or too ashamed to talk.
So, while I can imagine that being wrongly accused of assault can be very tough psychologically (and I know in some extreme cases, some men can also commit suicide because of horrible accusations)... I'm sorry but I cannot accept the idea that it's worse than being actually ***** or beaten.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #8
country flag Sophitia36
Registered User
 
Sophitia36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 29
Posts: 2,079
Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Oh yeah and I forgot that :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
http://www.debate.org/opinions/do-wo...todays-society
Finally, men get payed more, but it has been proven that women are less focused on their tasks in a office environment.
Well, I'd be very curious to see when this was "proven". Last time I saw a study about this, it proved the exact contrary.

Not that I think it really matters much. Women and men should be paid the same amount of money for the same job. Being a university teacher, I have this luck. I am paid the same as my male colleagues, and I don't see why I shouldn't be, because I do not think my ability to work or my competence is any lesser than theirs.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
country flag miura88
Registered User
 
miura88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,211
miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

How many feminists does it take to screw a light bulb?

12.

One to screw it in,
one to excoriate men for creating the need for illumination,
one to blame men for inventing such a faulty means of illumination,
one to suggest the whole "screwing" bit to be too "****-like",
one to deconstruct the lightbulb itself as being phallic,
one to blame men for not changing the bulb,
one to blame men for trying to change the bulb instead of letting a woman do it,
one to blame men for creating a society that discourages women from changing light bulbs,
one to blame men for creating a society where women change too many light bulbs,
one to advocate that lightbulb changers should have wage parity with electricians,
one to alert the media that women are now "out-lightbulbing" men,
and one to just sit there taking pictures for her blog for photo-evidence that men are unnecessary.
__________________
After all, history only tastes bitter to those who expect it to be sugar coated
miura88 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
country flag Advantage_Set
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: The Center of the Universe
Posts: 1,475
Advantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Well, all I want to say to the OP is: you have absolutely no idea what feminism is.

Seriously, I REALLY wish people would take some time to LEARN things about feminism before talking about it. Because it turns out that pretty much 90% of the people I see trashing "feminism" are completely besides the point. Because what you are talking about here is not "feminism".

You say : "Feminism tries to get more rights for women today. And they succeeded in that. The problem is they want to turn the tables and to be the more dominant one's".
Absolutely not.
OK, I'll give you one thing: the name "feminism" is misleading. It leads some ill-informed people to believe that it promotes women only, and that it's women against men.
Feminism was NEVER about "female domination". Feminism is about debunking gender stereotypes and creating a better world for everyone. It is also about fighting patriarchy, indeed, but "patriarchy" does not mean "men".

I won't try to debunk all your examples claiming that women have MORE rights than men overall... It is utterly ridiculous and biased.
If I only take two examples... Don't you think the reason why women are more protected against domestic violence is that they represent, maybe, the VAST majority of the victims? Do you really think women are privileged because they can send a man to prison for sexual assault or domestic violence? I mean... in your opinion, when we have on the one side the thousands of women being sexually assaulted or killed by their husbands everywhere in the world (the vast majority of whom remain silent because they're ashamed, traumatised or afraid they won't be believed), and on the other side, a few cases of men being falsely accused by crazy women, the bigger victims overall are the men? What kind of logic is that?

Same thing about abortion... You are right, a man cannot have an abortion. But you know what? They can't be pregnant either! I agree that to a certain extent, not having the woman's ability to procreate can be frustrating for the man. But in the history of humanity, whenever a child was conceived out of wedlock, who do you think suffered the most overall? The father, who could perfectly run away, or claim it wasn't him? Or the woman, who could not hide, was publicly shamed and shunned by society as a slut, and had the responsibility to feed the child when the father had abandoned them? I mean, seriously?
I really think it's the first time I've ever seen someone say that having an abortion was somehow a privilege. And I'm not even talking about the trauma of having an unwanted child growing in your own body. To me the thought it utterly creepy.

This being said, I'm coming to the definition of feminism. And YES, you would be surprised, but feminism DOES recognize that men are also victims of the gender stereotypes. The fact that they are still globally in a dominant position in society (and unless you are completely deluded, you have to accept that this is the case), does not mean that they cannot individually suffer from the roles imposed to them.

You quoted the draft, you quoted custody of the children in cases of divorce... and you are absolutely right. You can also say that men are put under a lot of social pressure to make a lot of money, to provide for their families, to be strong so they can protect them physically, etc... It's also true that the few men who ARE beaten or abused by their wives are often made fun of, when they are also victims and their suffering should be acknowledged, not ridiculed.

But why is it that, for instance, children are systematically given to the mother? Because there is an old gender stereoptype which says that the only vocation of women is to be mothers, and that henceforth, they are the only ones who can properly take care of children. And the corollary is that men are unable to take care of their children, or at least, not as well as their mother would.
And you know what? This is precisely what feminism has always been fighting against : defining one's abilities by his or her gender, confining women to the domestic sphere only, and men to the world of work, etc.

As a feminist, I would completely agree that it is sexist to give the children to the mother systematically. Most men can take care of children just as well as women, if they are given a chance to do it. Some women are also very bad at taking care of children. Of course we may be "trained" to take care of children more, because we are told again and again from an early age that this is our only true role. But in reality, individuals have different abilities and it's not just down to their gender.

THIS is feminism. If only people could understand that feminism is not a struggle of WOMEN VS MEN, but a collective effort including women and men to free individuals from gender stereotyping... this would be a huge step forward.

I'm not denying that you will find some women who claim to be making "feminist statements" when all they are doing is trashing men using stupid stereotypes. These women are the exact opposite of a feminist, they are only using the very stereotypes that feminism wants to debunk and turning them against men. "Man-haters" are not feminists, they are just bitter and stupid, and so brainwashed by gender stereotypes that they don't even realize they are perpetuating them.

Now, I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience with someone accusing you of something you did not do. But I think it is very self-centered to conclude that because YOU had such an unpleasant experience, people like you (and you make a generalisation to apply this to all men) are the bigger victims.
Lots and lots of victims of sexual assault are not believed, are blamed for their own assault, or are simply punished for being sexually assaulted. Some of them die, or spend years going to the hospital as a result of the assault. Many of them commit suicide, or remain psychologically crippled for life. I know at least two women who were victims, one is still suffering from the physical and psychological damages, and the other sadly ended up taking her own life a few years ago after years of severe depression. Lots of women who are beaten by their husbands also die because they were too afraid or too ashamed to talk.
So, while I can imagine that being wrongly accused of assault can be very tough psychologically (and I know in some extreme cases, some men can also commit suicide because of horrible accusations)... I'm sorry but I cannot accept the idea that it's worse than being actually ***** or beaten.
Great post. Too bad no one except someone like me who agrees with it will take the time to read it, but still, good effort to try and silence all the internet machos with their deranged point of views.
Advantage_Set is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,506
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
I believe that women have a lot more rights then men. We have better rights in domestic violence, and family law. I have worked many jobs and now in a largley male dominated work place. I have the same benefits, pay, hours, expectations, and respect than any of the men I work with. Its not largely male dominated because women arent allowed to work there, but because women chose not to. Also, its not just women who feel objectified or oppressed, its men too.
they have more rights in domestic violence bc men Beat them not the other way aroud 99% of man beat his wife and children
women chose not to? tell us what job we would like to know

how men are objectified or oppressed? how many times woman look at ur Sex organs?


Quote:
Even though that should be enough said, I will expound more.
Men are delegated to work the most dangerous and unappealing jobs. Coal miners, garbage collectors, construction workers, agricultural farmers, and other back-breaking, dangerous, and biologically hazardous jobs are all done by men.
Society expects men to behave in ways that are unequal to women. Ladies before gentlemen has been a standard for all of recorded history... So how is that not preferential to women?
The draft is the forced conscription (slavery) of men, where they are given guns and forced, at penalty of death, to kill other people. Joseph Kony did this to children in Uganda and there have been several massive social movements, protests, and riots regarding how despicable this is... But so long as the child grows to age 18, has a penis, and the aggressor doing it is the United States federal government, some how the laws of morality change and this is okay.
When something tragic happens, the media always reports the number dead, and then lists how many of those people were women and children... Because men are disposable. "We lost 300 lives today, but only 12 of them were women, so it's not that bad" is essentially how we are trained to think in this country.
be honest, if u were the boss and two ppl would have File an application for that job, one is man the other woman, who would u have chosen?
woman are less involved in the fighting, robbery, ****, theft and violence thats why they state how many man, woman and children were killed

Quote:
No rights when it comes to kids. She can have an abortion, I can't. So I'm the deadbeat dad! Men have no choice. Why does my healthcare cost more than hers? Why does my car insurance cost more than HERS? Why is it easier for HER to get a school grant than me? HA! Why do women get lesser prison time for the same crimes as men? I could go on and on. Whatever woman is running this can check the stats and find all the things I've listed are true, but SHE won't.
tell me, is ur body carrying the child? do u get fat, Your feet swell, painful veins,deep craving for weird food at night, back pain, your skin is stretched like a balloon, you have fat marks? You will breastfeed the child when he will needs milk? It is your body??? No so this is not your decision
You want to determine the baby's life - use a condom

funny u say no rights when it comes to kids, do u want us tosearch numbers and see how many men ditch their wife with a baby/kids? im sure the numbers will speak better then me who leave who, Who abandons who

her healthcare cost more bc woman tend to live more then man
your car insurance cost more bc man drive faster, They are more reckless and making more traffic violations and this is true for every country in the world and this is insurance - ur more reckless u will pay more
i can go on and on

Quote:
looking at family court laws where women seem to have custody over children, even though this might not be the best decision. From my perspective family courts and laws seemed to biased towards women, making men seem to be less responsible and less reliable in caring for a child. However this is not the case as women can be equally irresponsible and unreliable, but family courts still give them custody, which might be an appalling decision. When a child is in the mix, the gender of a parent shouldn't effect the outcome of the verdict, it should be which parent that will give the child a better lifestyle.
men are abandoning their children with their mother than women abandoning their children with father
i wont start a Debate who the little child need his mother or father but i think u know like alot of man that woman just do a better job then men
women tend to be better communicators than men. This is shown is intelligence tests, where females, on average, do better in verbal communication than males. Of course, communication is of most importance in rearing children, as children tend to learn from and adopt the communication styles of their parents.
Quote:
Women have the right to keep a child if pregnant and give it up for adoption, absolving herself of financial responsibility. Men do not.

Women have the right to keep the baby even if the father did not want the baby and had taken reasonable precautions to avoid pregnancy. Men do not and will have to accept the decision of the female to govern their livelihood.

Women have the right to abort a baby for any reason. Men do not.

Women have the right to scam a man into child support if it is not his, a man has little right to fight against a fraudulent claim.
so my answer above, BC ITS NOT YOUR BODY, U WANT TO BE SURE 100% U WONT HAVE A GIFT AFTER 9 MONTHS, CLOSE UR LEGS OR BUY A CONDOM


Quote:
Women have the right to choose whether they wish to be drafted in war, emergency or martial law recruitment. Men do not.
Who enacted these laws that discriminate against women, men or women?
Men because women were perceived as weak in their eyes

Quote:
Women have the right to child custody almost unanimously even if the father wants custody as well. Men are severely disadvantaged.
so my answer above about woman and children


Quote:
Women have the right to falsely accuse of domestic abuse in family court, or **** cases with virtually no chance of any legal repercussion even if it ruins the mans life.
tell me, if we will go country by counrey how many woman *****, beat or murder their hubby v men who did it to woman? i dont think we need a link as to who need more protaction against domestic abuse dont we?

Quote:
Women who commit crimes are systematically held less accountable than their male counterparts, by police and courts to the extent that there is a vast disparity in almost every possible crime. Many female Rapists, pedophiles and murderers get away with their crime or get severely reduced charges because they try to justify her actions threw sympathy that men do not get.
yes woman tend to **** men or kids ha? pls i doubt u can back it with a single poster or link to think like u

Quote:
Women have the right to talk about their gender issues without being wrongfully dubbed politically incorrect or backwards, men do not, even if they feel not addressing these issues is what is backwards.
u know some ppl think if thwy will say the same thing over and over it will be the truth
Who can prevent men talk or do something? what is harder to be a black woman or a white man? a woman or a woman?

Quote:
Men's health is suffering - more men die of cancers and yet women are given more in health - no one cares about men's health problems e.g. prostate cancer, its always about women. If a woman hits a man the police laugh at the man if he reports it because the legal system is so against men it is incredible!
woman has breast cancer, men has prostate cancer, woman talk about their fears, hope and deal with health problem when man tend to Neglect more drink more smoke more


funny u say that about cups, tell me what do we have more - men cops or women? more male judges or women?
who rules the legal system women or men?

Quote:
Especially in divorce courts and child custody cases, even to an unfair extent at times. A woman can cry **** and the man in question's reputation would go down the drain; on the other hand, men getting ***** is still treated as a joke, unfortunately. Women get lesser sentences for the same crimes a man would get harsher time in prison for. Women get favored in promotional instances on the job site, because there's always the threat that a woman will sue for sexual discrimination.
who suffer from sexual discrimination men or woman? who call who with names, those flattering on the butt and boobs by their boss or another worker?
how many cases there's discrimination against women and sexual harassment against men harassed by women?

Quote:
Opponents will argue that women get paid less to the dollar than a man for the same job a man does, but I've seen conflicting reports on this. Even if it were true, it is far outweighed by the advantages women have in rights.
from all this this is the biggest lie ever and u know it
not a single country in the world woman earn like man, not a single woman a CEO woman earn like a CEO man
btw most woman will never ceos and u know why? bc most men will put their buddy over another woman who sometimes is more Suitable for the job



Quote:
A man has almost no chance to get custody of his children in the vent of a divorce. They also have no reproductive rights and cannot fight any of this without being called sexist. Finally, men get payed more, but it has been proven that women are less focused on their tasks in a office environment.
who prove it? how? were?

http://www.robyntwomey.com/data/phot...erg_spread.jpg


give them a chance, they have voting rights less then 100 years

Marissa Mayer - yahoo ex google
shirly sandberg - facebook
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 11-09-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,371
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Do women seriously believe that no men are subject to domestic violence or **** by a female at all?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,506
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Do women seriously believe that no men are subject to domestic violence or **** by a female at all?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
of course not, we just said the massive majority is men against woman
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,371
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
of course not, we just said the massive majority is men against woman
True.

In terms of female rights, I believe in the western world they are getting pretty good rights these days and feminism movements have helped. However in certain countries women are still poorly treated. Isn't it Qatar where they have to fully cover themselves?
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,506
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremist feminist ideas have been thouroughly debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
True.

In terms of female rights, I believe in the western world they are getting pretty good rights these days and feminism movements have helped. However in certain countries women are still poorly treated. Isn't it Qatar where they have to fully cover themselves?
in Saudi Arabia they can not drive
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios