US OPEN.... here we go!¡Vamos Chico! - Page 177 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #2641
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW YORK NEW YORK, us open ¡vamos Chico!

Ugh.. seriously, aren't we allowed to be a little bit frustrated over how Fer played yesterday? I think blaming the conditions is just an awful excuse. He practically had the first set, until he managed to produce TWO DF's, yes.. TWO DF's. And he practically gave up after that.

I wouldn't be so upset if he just sucked the entire match and lost, then I would just be happy he reached the QF, which I still am btw. It's just different when he had his opportunities in the 1st set. He was in the lead almost the entire set up till the last few games and he blew it and handled Rafa the set instead. He had a chance to take that set, and then the whole match would have been different. He actually played quite well up till that point too. That's why I still can't believe he choked so badly, on the most important point in the entire match!

So yes, I am glad he got to the QF and managed to defend his points from last year. Still, I am a bit upset since he had his chances but once again managed to choke them away, which we have seen so many times before. There's no excuses really. He should have been able to close out that set, but he didn't, so..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #2642

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just got one more thing to say.. I think what makes a good fan is loving the guy no matter what, but still being able to be critical if we feel he messed up and when we feel he should have done better. I'm still a fan even though Fer disappointed me last night. I know he mostly disappointed himself though. He had his opportunities but he obviously didn't have the mental strength..

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:

Last edited by FormerRafaFan : 09-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #2643
country flag I_Dasco

I_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well Is it enough to talk about the loss? Oh Unluckyly i didnt even see the match and was caught while i was using my cellphone to see the match update!
I didnt sleep well last night .. I felt like i was going to play that match not Nando
Anyway although he lost never meant i stop supporting him.. Because there is much more things about Nando that people have to respect! more than just tennis talent
Old 09-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #2644
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukichan View Post
Oh well Is it enough to talk about the loss? Oh Unluckyly i didnt even see the match and was caught while i was using my cellphone to see the match update!
I didnt sleep well last night .. I felt like i was going to play that match not Nando
Anyway although he lost never meant i stop supporting him.. Because there is much more things about Nando that people have to respect! more than just tennis talent
Same here.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #2645
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
I just got one more thing to say.. I think what makes a good fan is loving the guy no mastter what, but still being able to be critical if we feel he messed up and when we feel he should have done better. I'm still a fan even though Fer disappointed me last night. I know he mostly disappointed himself though. He had his opportunities but he obviously didn't have the mental strength..
yes he messed up his first set.... I know that I watched the match...so, lets say he won the first set...doesnt mean the end result would be different Rafa is on fire here ... I never blamed the conditions...I just named some facts. You can look them up if you want...I didnt make them up. So if you look at this on paper, he was never meant to win it in the first place...It would be a great achievement had he beaten Rafa in this QF....

Also, I dont think he gave up after losing the first set. He gave all he could, tried his best, but Rafa didnt let him get back in the match.....

Would you be less critisizing had he won the first set and gotten a beating in the next 3? I think not.....

Still, it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks... Fer has to deal with this, learn from this (or not) so.....
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #2646
country flag I_Dasco

I_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond reputeI_Dasco has a reputation beyond repute

I only watched the 3rd set but i never think he gave up.. By the way Feli went home and Fer followed he will have rest a lil before Asian tournaments I know Fer tried his best .. Wait did he complain about the condition too much wind?

Lol Aaron I can see your signature..

Last edited by I_Dasco : 09-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
I_Dasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
yes he messed up his first set.... I know that I watched the match...so, lets say he won the first set...doesnt mean the end result would be different Rafa is on fire here ... I never blamed the conditions...I just named some facts. You can look them up if you want...I didnt make them up. So if you look at this on paper, he was never meant to win it in the first place...It would be a great achievement had he beaten Rafa in this QF....

Also, I dont think he gave up after losing the first set. He gave all he could, tried his best, but Rafa didnt let him get back in the match.....

Would you be less critisizing had he won the first set and gotten a beating in the next 3? I think not.....

Still, it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks... Fer has to deal with this, learn from this (or not) so.....
It's not even about winning. I knew he wouldn't win the match even though he won the first set. Still, it would look better, he would perhaps gain confidence if he did manage to win that set for the rest of the match. Maybe he would fight more, who knows. I think he should have gotten the first set, he deserved it, but he blew it on the big points and choked like the mental midget he is. He handed Rafa the set. Watching I just ugh.. I was upset and disappointed.

And yes, I actually think I would be less critical if he won the first set, because then at least he would've showed that he can manage to close out a set if he's in the lead and not choke. He has to grab every opportunity he gets againt Nadal. So yes, I would be very happy if he won the first match even though he perhaps never got more chances to break in the other sets.

Oh and btw.. can someone tell me why he ALWAYS get placed in the same half as Rafa and other spaniards like Feli and Ferrer but NEVER in the same half as Soderling, Djokovic or Federer? I would actually enjoy it a lot to see him go up against those players, because I actually think he has a shot against them. He just has a mental block I think against Nadal which makes every matchup that much harder. I do believe in my mind he has the power and game to beat Nadal, he just can't, if that makes any sense. So yeah, I definitely believe he could beat Soderling and Djokovic on HC, so it would be exciting to see that. Maybe not Federer, but you never know..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #2648
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukichan View Post
I only watched the 3rd set but i never think he gave up.. By the way Feli went home and Fer followed he will have rest a lil before Asian tournaments I know Fer tried his best .. Wait did he complain about the condition too much wind?

Lol Aaron I can see your signature..
It's not serious. I just copied an infamous quote from the WTA forum and changed the names around.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:00 AM   #2649
country flag I_Dasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTennis View Post
It's not serious. I just copied an infamous quote from the WTA forum and changed the names around.
Okay he back home is lastest news!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #2650
country flag FlameOn

OK I guess Australian Open is Fer's next tournament? What to expect??

Vamos Fer!

Just hope he can sort himself out for the post-AO events so he'll be able to stay Top 10.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #2651
country flag Xristos

Xristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond reputeXristos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MELBOURNE, get ready! ¡vamos Chico!

I hope he wins a match.
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) #33 2014 Gerry Weber Open WINNER
Xristos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #2652
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

Fer plays his opening AO match tomorrow. It's a 7pm start, so will start when I get up for work tomorrow. Hope we get some coverage!

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #2653
country flag FlameOn

He should win but you never know. Vamos though.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #2654
country flag Jenrios
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Jenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond reputeJenrios has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, we all know he should be Schuttler - but, you never know. Vamos Fer!

Marcelo has an enormous talent. Gaudio, RG champion 2004

"Rios ... he has a beautiful game, great forehand and great touch," Federer, World number 1

Guillermo Coria: "Ríos and Vilas are my two idols"
Jenrios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #2655
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Fer I guess and hope he will beat Schüttler!

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote