Tennis Gossip- ATP/WTA - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
country flag onewoman74

onewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Tennis Gossip- ATP/WTA

I found this on a gossip site...it was posted in a thread..I thought it was an interesting read...of course pure speculation-take it w/ a grain of salt.

Enjoy....

At a tournament, Gambill allegedly brought a girlfriend who followed him everywhere from the practise courts to sitting in the stands to watch him play his matches. Number of times they actually walked next to each other or spoke to one another: Zero. I thought it strange that he would have this "girlfriend" (attractive, Jessica Simpson-esque) there and then never speak to her. Gambill was also traveling with both his parents and brother, Torrey. I once spoke to Gambill and called him "Jan". He did not like it one bit and begrudgingly requested that I call him "Jan-Michael, please!" He was very particular about this. He went on to say how much he hated being called just "Jan" or just "Michael". "It's not my name!" I recall him saying to me. All I remember thinking was, "bitch!"

Rafael Nadal is still quite young and I assume wouldn't date all that much given his solitary lifestyle and travel commitments. At the Miami tournament, he was spotted watching (or should that be "cruising") Russian female tennis player, Svetlana Kuznetsova, who trains with him at the same club back in Spain. Like Marat Safin, Kuznetsova honed her skills in Spain rather than back in Russia or the States. Anyway, someone made a comment to Nadal about him "perving" on young Sveta and he blushed like crazy. Don't know what that means - it could mean he really was "perving" and was caught out, or embarrassed that anyone would think such a thing about him and her. Nadal is also mentored by Carlos Moya. They speak glowingly of each other. Too glowingly. It's love.

Dominik Hrbaty has never been seen with a woman, or indeed any women. He's pretty much a loner on the tour. He is a likeable person yet seems to have relatively few friends away from tennis or within it. Make of that what you will. It could just mean that he likes being by himself. He's very much into other sports but prefers individual sports like golf, hiking, mountain-biking, marathon running and skydiving. He's very cute. We need to find him a man.

An ex-girlfriend of French player, Michael Llodra, revealed that he likes to masturbate twice a day. It's not any indication of his sexuality, just that he likes to masturbate twice a day. That's hot - just don't shake his hand. Llodra is the same guy who stripped down to his underwear after winning the 2004 Australian Open Men's Doubles title, and hiding naked inside the locker of Croatian player, Ivan Ljubicic, in the hope that Ljubicic's good luck would rub off on him. He may not be gay, but Llodra is very queer.

An openly gay college tennis player is currently trying to make his mark on the ATP Tour. He is playing challengers in a bid to go up the rankings. I can't remember his name, but that has to be a good thing. He believes that his sexuality won't get in the way of him getting sponsors because it was no problem for French female player, Amelie Mauresmo. When Mauresmo first came out, Nike immediately signed her up and Dunlop racquets increased her endorsement pay. Mauresmo is also much-adored by the French public.

Monica Seles allegedly outed Jim Courier at a press conference in Canada. She was talking about learning to speak French and a reporter asked her if maybe she should get a French-speaking boyfriend to help her learn. Monica laughed and replied, "Yeah, like Jim Courier." For the record, Jim had a French girlfriend who did help him learn French.

In 1996, Martina Navratilova once told a story of how a closeted gay male player asked her to hit with him during Wimbledon in 1994. After their hit, the male player told her how much he admired her courage to be out and open about her sexuality and that he could never do the same for fear of losing sponsorship and endorsement deals. Martina's telling of the story co-incided with another story in the British media of how Martina had been hitting with Jim Courier for that Wimbledon fortnight in question. Hmmm...

Hicham Arazi was said to have cruised many gay nightspots whilst in Melbourne for the Australian Open last year. He looks very young, but Arazi is actually turning 31-years-old this year.

Thomas Muster is not gay and Arantxa Sanchez Vicario is not ugly. She's not glamorous, but she's certainly not the slightest bit ugly

Feliciano Lopez is straight as far as I can tell. He has just come out of a relationship with WTA player, Maria Sanchez Lorenzo, who has also had a relationship with Carlos Moya in the past. The girl is very attractive. No one can blame either of those guys for trying. Moya is now dating female Italian player, Flavia Pennetta.

Justine Henin-Hardenne, sorry the marriage is very real. Her husband, believe it or not, was a policeman back in Belgium when they met. He gave up his life and job (oh, the poor sod) to travel with his wife as her tour manager. There's obviously been a lot of gay conjecture about him because of the way he looks and dresses. Justine's father hated him at first for taking his little girl away from him. She vowed to marry Pierre-Yves (her husband) anyway and is now estranged from her father. So I'm guessing it's love. The estrangement was also largely due to the fact that Justine's father wanted her to give up her tennis career so that she could look after her younger brothers and sisters. She nixed that idea because Justine playing tennis was important to her mother, who died of breast cancer a few years ago.

Back to Rafael Nadal, I think this thing with Kuznetsova is possibly just a friendship. Sure, she's not the best looking chick around and may even be gay but maybe (just maybe) because he has known her for so long that he likes her for who she is and not what she looks like. I'm just saying...

We shouldn't read anything into how the Spanish players behave towards one another. They are naturally affectionate as their culture dictates. Unlike the Russians however, they don't kiss their teammates on the lips like Marat Safin, Mikhail Youzhny, and Yevgeny Kafelnikov used to do after winning matches in Davis Cup competition. The first time I saw Marat Safin give Yevgeny Kafelnikov a quick kiss on the lips I was bewildered. Safin acted like it happened every day so I was impressed. I checked out other sports involving Russian athletes and soon realized that they all did this, from cyclists to gymnasts to their soccer players. Hot!

Boris Becker: The child conceived from that 5 (!) minute encounter in the restaurant closet is now 5 years old and wishes to be a great tennis player like her dad, who keeps in regular contact with her. The little girl spoke to the media for the first time on a British TV talk show. She lives with her mother in England and receives a regular child support payment of thousands of dollars from Boris. Another thing about Boris is his tense relationship with Australian, Pat Cash. They hate each other. It all stems back to 1988 Wimbledon when Cash fell over the net chasing down a drop shot. Becker imitated him and fell over the net too. Cash didn't think it was funny and spoke badly of Becker in the press the next day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #2
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Gossip- ATP/WTA

I so wish I hadn't read that
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:48 AM   #3
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

well, that outfit told us the truth about Dominik

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
country flag onewoman74

onewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond repute

It's pure speculation...but interesting nonetheless
Old 05-10-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We shouldn't read anything into how the Spanish players behave towards one another. They are naturally affectionate as their culture dictates. Unlike the Russians however, they don't kiss their teammates on the lips like Marat Safin, Mikhail Youzhny, and Yevgeny Kafelnikov used to do after winning matches in Davis Cup competition. The first time I saw Marat Safin give Yevgeny Kafelnikov a quick kiss on the lips I was bewildered. Safin acted like it happened every day so I was impressed. I checked out other sports involving Russian athletes and soon realized that they all did this, from cyclists to gymnasts to their soccer players. Hot!
Hilarious.
Thanks for sharing, fun to read indeed
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine Nadal "perving" on Sveta. She's ... ummm ... not the best-looking of the players. In fact, she's one of the ugliest.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:51 AM   #7
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

gossip....

my friend went to the wimbledon player party, and there were a lot a lot of groupies there... there were 2-3 girls to each player. but rafael had the most girls all over him and every girl wanted him and was hitting on him. but he wasn't like safin and like utilizing his fame. the girls were just attacking him. and my friend said that no girls really bothered with Andy Roddick
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:03 AM   #8
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

Kuznetsova...Nadal... Terrible flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:07 AM   #9
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal and Sveta
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #10
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Llodra is both queer and married?

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:19 AM   #11
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Queer as in weird.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:29 AM   #12
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe
Queer as in weird.
Oh okay... I'm not having my best day today!

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #13
country flag mandoura

mandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond reputemandoura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFurryAnimal
Oh okay... I'm not having my best day today!
Besides, he can be both, no?
Most ATP players:

~ Passenger on the Federer Express #111 ~ Resident of Denaon's Den of Misfits ~
~ Member of Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society ~

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." ~ Bertrand Russell
mandoura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #14
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

It has been rumoured that Roddick has a big serve.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote