What's your opinion about this? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your opinion about this?

Police suspended after innocent man accused of paedophilia burned to death

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your opinion about this?

Child abusers are maybe the more disgusting type of human beings and I can understand the disgust and the anger, but I still think that some countries had lost it. Some years ago I visited London. I met with a Spanish friend who lives there for lunch in a fast food restaurant. A couple near of us was eating with his son who was 7 or 8 years old. The boy wear a football suit and was playing around until he hit our table.

- Me: Are you ok? (he nod)

- Me: what position you play at?

- The kid: striker

- Me (smiling): I knew it, you look a lot like Rooney (it was true)

Then he smile and because he lacked of some teeth I feel some tenderness for the boy and I messed up his hair.

Suddenly his father standed up, approached us rapidly and caught the boy by his arm and took him to his table not without looking daggers at me in the process. Meanwhile my friend was face palming himself. I was perplex.

- My friend: at the contrary that in Spain, in UK is socially very awkward touch or speak to another people childs, specially if they didn't know you.

- Me: But they are present and clearly I only was being nice with the kid (another people should tell of him in a similar situation).

- My friend: I know, but people here is a bit paranoid about their childs. The first summer I spent here when finally we could enjoy some days of sun and a nice temperature I went out to a park with my Kindle and sit in a bank to brush up some English grammar as I normally liked do in Spain. It was nice and relaxing watching all of those kids playing with their mothers pursuing them you know and feeling finally some sunbeams in my face after the Mordor type of winter and spring of UK. But I started to feel the mommies looked me with suspicious eyes, and even staring to me. And a bit later when I was still reading the last pages of my English grammar book a policeman approached to me and started to asking me questions about what was doing there. I explained him and he said me that the mothers didn't feel comfortable with a man seated in the a park in the middle of childs, that this was a very suspicious conduct there and I should quit immediately...

- Me: wow!

- My friend: Yeah, it's a bit shocking until you get used. I think is fault of UK tabloids which just love spread stories and rumors

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 11-04-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

The police failed to do their job,to protect the suspect until proven guilty,the way the guy died was barbaric,but at the same time,you read about convicted paedophiles who were set free,just to assault another child.I believe it's a sickness,they need a psychiatrist,not locked up in prison,that just won't cut it.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
The police failed to do their job,to protect the suspect until proven guilty,the way the guy died was barbaric,but at the same time,you read about convicted paedophiles who were set free,just to assault another child.I believe it's a sickness,they need a psychiatrist,not locked up in prison,that just won't cut it.
Do you think that his name was 'John Smith' instead 'Bijan Ebrahimi' the outcome would be different? A gardener taking some photos in the gardens he was working at was a enough proof to burn him in a non paranoid community?

God is killing me
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Do you think that his name was 'John Smith' instead 'Bijan Ebrahimi' the outcome would be different? A gardener taking some photos in the gardens he was working at was a enough proof to burn him in a non paranoid community?
Probably not,he might've been beaten badly.I bet the suspended police will be back to their job after the attention lay down.Feel sorry for his family.

The media is responsible for the paranoia.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #6
country flag OrsinPeach55

OrsinPeach55 is on a distinguished road

I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. Thanks for posting such informative content. It is extremely helpful for me.

Last edited by OrsinPeach55 : 01-20-2014 at 10:53 AM.
OrsinPeach55 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
country flag Droog

Droog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond repute

It's the new witch hunt for sure, which is sad because a lot of lives will and have been destroyed wrongly. The subject needs to be approached calmly instead of with mass hysteria which is something us humans aren't always that good at.
to perform well beyond usual levels and achieve legendary status in the process

Federer, Murray, Dimitrov, Tsonga
Monfils, Goffin
Djokovic, Gasquet, Dolgopolov, Tomic, Haas
Droog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
country flag JamieBlake

JamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond reputeJamieBlake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Child abusers are maybe the more disgusting type of human beings and I can understand the disgust and the anger, but I still think that some countries had lost it. Some years ago I visited London. I met with a Spanish friend who lives there for lunch in a fast food restaurant. A couple near of us was eating with his son who was 7 or 8 years old. The boy wear a football suit and was playing around until he hit our table.

- Me: Are you ok? (he nod)

- Me: what position you play at?

- The kid: striker

- Me (smiling): I knew it, you look a lot like Rooney (it was true)

Then he smile and because he lacked of some teeth I feel some tenderness for the boy and I messed up his hair.

Suddenly his father standed up, approached us rapidly and caught the boy by his arm and took him to his table not without looking daggers at me in the process. Meanwhile my friend was face palming himself. I was perplex.

- My friend: at the contrary that in Spain, in UK is socially very awkward touch or speak to another people childs, specially if they didn't know you.

- Me: But they are present and clearly I only was being nice with the kid (another people should tell of him in a similar situation).

- My friend: I know, but people here is a bit paranoid about their childs. The first summer I spent here when finally we could enjoy some days of sun and a nice temperature I went out to a park with my Kindle and sit in a bank to brush up some English grammar as I normally liked do in Spain. It was nice and relaxing watching all of those kids playing with their mothers pursuing them you know and feeling finally some sunbeams in my face after the Mordor type of winter and spring of UK. But I started to feel the mommies looked me with suspicious eyes, and even staring to me. And a bit later when I was still reading the last pages of my English grammar book a policeman approached to me and started to asking me questions about what was doing there. I explained him and he said me that the mothers didn't feel comfortable with a man seated in the a park in the middle of childs, that this was a very suspicious conduct there and I should quit immediately...

- Me: wow!

- My friend: Yeah, it's a bit shocking until you get used. I think is fault of UK tabloids which just love spread stories and rumors
It's kinda awkward in Spain as well, probably not as much as in the UK but still awkward

TOMAS BERDYCH - PAT RAFTER - ANDY RODDICK - VASEK POSPISIL - ANDREAS SEPPI - JOHN ISNER - ROGER FEDERER

HATE LIST: Uncle Twatni
JamieBlake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieBlake View Post
It's kinda awkward in Spain as well, probably not as much as in the UK but still awkward
WTF? Where are you from?

God is killing me
Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

this case isn't about paedophilia at all. it's about a man who was being harassed and the harassment escalating with (unwitting) help from the police until it led to murder. it's incredibly sad.

what I suspect, based on nothing except what I've seen as a teenager, is that one of the youths caught on camera messing with the victim's garden threw out the paedo accusation to gain the upper hand and it stuck.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote