Duck Hee Lee - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Duck Hee Lee

I figured I'd start this thread

Currently the Second Top Junior Player From Korean Ranked at 20, He been having a very good year so far in 2013 has won a total 5 titles this year the most recent event won was at 2013 Dunlop Japan Open Junior Championships, Also for People who don't know about Duck Hee Lee he has an disability which is being Deaf but that not stoping him cause he doing a great job this year.

Biography

Name: Duck Hee Lee
Born: May 29 1998 (15 years old)
Birth Place: Korean
Right Handed: (Double Handed Backhand)
Coach: Hyung Jun YOON
Age Started Tennis: 7
Favorite Surface: Grass
Favorite Players: Roger Federer & Rafael Nadal
Career High ATP Ranking: 748
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 3

Titles Won & Achievements

2010 12&U Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships
2012 18&U Open Junior BNP Paribas G5
2012 18&U Air Pacific South Pacific Open Junior Championships G4
2012 18&U China Junior 11 Weihei G5
2012 18&U Widjojo Soejono Junior Championships G4
2012 18&U Jakarta International Junior Tennis Championships G4
2013 18&U India ITF Junior 1 Chandigarh G3
2013 18&U Asian Closed Junior Tennis Championships GB1
2013 18&U Epitok-Abris Cup G2
2013 18&U China Junior 14 Nanjing G2
2013 18&U Dunlop Japan Open Junior Championships G2
2014 18&U 23rd Sarawak Chief Minister's Cup (I) ITF Junior Tennis Championship G1

Double

2012 18&U 5th Malacca ITF International Tennis Championships 2012 G4
2012 18&U Widjojo Soejono MNC GROUP 2012 G4
2012 18&U Jakarta International Junior Tennis Championships G4
2013 18&U Osaka Mayor's Cup - World Super Junior Tennis Championships GA
2014 18&U Asian Closed Junior Championships 2014 G4

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi |
Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic |
Johan Sebastien Tatlot | Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Maxime Hamou

Last edited by Ace20 : 05-06-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duck Hee Lee

Here some articles about him

Filip Peliwo | Karen Khachanov | Elias Ymer | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Kimmer Coppejans | Kyle Edmund | Borna Coric | Gianluigi Quinzi |
Christian Harrison | Christian Garin | Laslo Djere | Liam Broady | Joshua Ward Hibbert | Luke Saville | Nikola Milojevic |
Johan Sebastien Tatlot | Enzo Couacaud | Francis Tiafoe | Michael Mmoh | Stefan Kozlov | Maxime Hamou
Old 10-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
country flag Ace20

Deaf teenager says disability can help him reach the top
14-year-old Korean junior Lee Duck-hee tells Paul Newman not being able to hear makes it easier for him to concentrate

Quote:
Hearing the sound of the ball coming off your opponent's racket usually tells you a lot about its trajectory and the shot you will have to play next. Lee Duck-hee would not know about such things. The 14-year-old South Korean has been deaf since birth, which makes his progress in the junior game all the more remarkable.

Lee, who is one of the younger players taking part in the boys' tournament here at the Australian Open, lost 6-3, 6-3 to Chile's Christian Garin in the singles yesterday, but is reckoned to have a bright future. He has already won the Under-12 title at the Eddie Herr event in Florida, which is one of the world's leading junior tournaments, and qualified to play in his first Grand Slam event here. He has his sights on finishing in the world's top 10 in juniors this year and at senior level he wants to be world No 1.

"Actually, I don't care about my disability at any time, and on the court it's easy to focus on my match because I can't hear anything," Lee said yesterday through an interpreter, having lip-read reporters' questions. "I am really happy to be here for the first time. It's a really good opportunity to judge my ability against other players in the world. I am really happy and hope to be here next year again."

Lee, who refuses to make a big issue of his disability and was surprised at the media interest in him, said he prefers not to mention his deafness to opponents or officials, though it can cause problems. There were a number of occasions in yesterday's match when he was not aware that balls had been called out. Officials were not given specific instructions, but on several occasions Thomas Sweeney, the umpire, used hand signals to communicate his decisions.

"I do worry about that because today it happened a lot of times," Lee said. "The chair umpire already called 'wait', but I couldn't hear that, so there were a lot of lets. I wanted to see big [gestures] from the umpire during the match."

Although he cannot benefit from a crowd's vocal support, Lee claimed that not hearing anything made it easier for him to concentrate. Meanwhile his coach, Hoon Park-kyung, said he had developed a special relationship with him because of his deafness.

"Communication between players and coaches in Korea is usually quite simple because the players think that they should do what they are told," Hoon said. "I just wanted us to play together, not just teach him, but say small things."

Lee's hero is Roger Federer. He keeps on his phone a photograph of himself with Federer and Rafael Nadal at an exhibition event in Korea when he was eight. "Federer passed by in the hall yesterday and didn't recognise me," Lee said, his voice tinged with disappointment. "I was very disappointed. I really wanted to take a picture with him. Maybe I can in the future."

Old 10-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
country flag Ace20

Deaf player eliminated from Aussie Open boys draw

Quote:
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Korean junior tennis player Lee Duck-hee may not be able to hear the ball come off his opponent's racket or the line judge calling a ball out.
But the 14-year-old Lee doesn't believe being deaf is a disadvantage on the tennis court.
"Actually, I don't think about this kind of disability all the time,'' Lee said after losing his second-round boys singles match at the Australian Open on Monday.
He spoke to reporters through two translators - his coach read his lips as he spoke in Korean and then explained his meaning to a translator who could speak English.
"For me, my coach and my parents, we don't want to say anything about my disability to other people like the umpires,'' he said. "I really want to get over it by myself.''
On the court, it's tough to tell Lee is hearing impaired. During doubles matches, he communicates with his partner by reading lips.
Because he can't hear the line calls, he just continues playing points until he receives a visual signal that the ball is out.
Lee's father introduced him to the game when he was 7. The following year, he got a chance to hit with Roger Federer in South Korea and he excitedly pulled out his phone to show off a picture of himself with Federer and Rafael Nadal.
Even though he lost early at Melbourne Park, it wasn't his biggest disappointment of the week. He was more upset that Federer passed him on the grounds and didn't recognize him - six years after they met in Korea.
"I really wanted to take a picture with him. I really regret that,'' he said.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
country flag Ace20

Duck Hee Lee begins Osaka campaign

Quote:
Top seeded Korean Duck Hee Lee finally got his Osaka Mayor’s Cup World Super Junior Tennis Championships underway on day 2 with a 63 36 63 win over local favourite Tokishi Matsuya at the Grade A tournament in Japan on Tuesday.

Lee’s match was the last in the boys main draw first round to be played, held over due to Lee’s late arrival after his success last week at the Grade 2 Dunlop Japan Open Junior Championships where he beat Japan’s Jumpei Yamasaki in a three set final 61 67(3) 62.
The 15 year old from Jechon City, Korea is currently ranked 20 and is looking to take a step up the rankings with a Grade A title. However the Korean faces a potentially more troublesome task in the second round when he takes on Japan’s Ryotara Matsumura, who eased past a qualifier 61 63 in his first round match and has had a day’s rest thanks to Lee’s late start.

With Lee’s match the only boys match played on day two the focus was firmly on completing the first round of the girls draw and it turned not to be a great day for the seeds. Of the remaining seventeen matches to be played three seeds fell at the first hurdle.
Eighth seed Harriet Dart from Great Britain fell in straight sets to Japan’s Miki Kobayashi 63 64 whilst eleventh seed Jil Belen Teichmann from Switzerland followed Dart out succumbing to another talented Japanese player Kanam Tsuji 63 75. This Swiss girls’ defeat was a surprise as she had shown good form coming into the event after reaching the final of the Dunlop Japan Open Junior Championships last week, losing to Australia’s Priscilla Hon 63 64. It was not all success for the Japanese girls as one of their seeds, fourteenth seed Kyoko Okamura, was defeated in straight sets by Chinese Taipei’s Ya Ting Chang 63 62.

Elsewhere in the girls’ draw, Katrine Isabel Steffensen from USA showed some devastating early form in her match with Japanese lucky loser Yuiki Ue, undoubtedly Ue won’t be feeling so lucky after suffering the dreaded double bagel at the American’s hands.

Another player who also got off to a good start in the first round was fifth seed Sun Ziyue from China who took little time to dispatch Australia’s Maddison Inglis in a straight sets defeat 62 62. Ziyue will be expecting great things this week having taken the titles at her previous two tournaments, the Grade 2 China Junior 16 in Beijing and the Grade 3 China Junior Open 15 in Xiamen both in September following a run to the last 16 at the US Open juniors.

Tournament organisers will be pleased that at least the first round in both the boys and girls draws have been completed as they are now expecting the arrival of two typhoons in the area with heavy rain expected for up to four days. One player who will be hoping to make his escape and head back to France before the typhoons arrive is Japan’s Leo Julien Sebaoun who has a French father and Japanese mother. In his first experience playing a Grade A tournament he lost in the first round to Poland’s Mateusz Terczynski 62 63 but gained valuable experience at the top level tournament:

“It is the first time for me to play the Grade A and that was very good experience.

I saw many great players and see the level of the world juniors. Especially the support form of the tournament was very great, they provide us good food and good treatment. I guess that’s how pro-tennis players get treated every time.”

All matches on Wednesday were cancelled due to rain and action will move to indoors on Thursday.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
country flag Ace20

Lost in the 3rd round at Osaka Mayor's Cup lost to Jumpei Yamasaki 7-5 7-6 but won the double titles

Old 10-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
country flag Ace20

Yeah he doin Great I hoping he become an top 10 Junior soon He getting close so far

Old 10-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
country flag Ace20

Seoul

[8] Hiroki MORIYA (JPN) vs QUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vs Yannik REUTER (BEL)
Valery RUDNEV (RUS) vs [WC] Duckhee LEE (KOR)
Mirza BASIC (BIH) vs [2] Julian REISTER (GER)

Old 10-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #10
country flag Ace20

Wow playing an hallenger event already at 15 & ranked 898 Hoping he does well an can make a run

Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
country flag Ace20

Lost in the First Round at Seoul but put up a great fight against a player who ranked in top 300

R1: Valery RUDNEV (RUS) d. [WC] Duckhee LEE (KOR) 6-3 7-6(5)

Old 11-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

I wrote a story about him in my blog in 2010, when he won his Eddie Herr tournament (what a cute little boy he was!)

Friend of mine, who lives and works in Korea found and translated for me some Korean articles about him (not translated, maybe, by briefly retold)

His father is journalist, they found he is deaf when he was 100 days old, he can hear some very loud noises, like train's hooter, but it's like a whisper for him.
His father's biggest dream too see his son in Korean Olympic squad. They had some difficulties with money at this time, but I think it's not a problem now, because Lee is sponsored by one of Korean corporation, I don't remember it's name, this contracn was signed two years ago AFAIR.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #13
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Lee will not play at Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl - he is not in acceptance lists.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
country flag Ace20

Just Notice that too He playing in India atm I think it an odd choice I think if he was too play Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl he could crack the top 10 in Juniors

Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #15
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

In his first futures final with the help of a couple of retirements.