Djokovic and Nadal exhibition match - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #16
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic and Nadal exhibition match

Nole to play more exhibitions like the clown that he is, only to falter in slam finals.

Federer's peak is supposedly in 2004-2007, but his best grass match was WI 2009 final, his best hard court match was WTF 2010 final, and his best clay match was RG 2011 SF

Oldgassi combined 30-17 H2H against weak era clowns: Roddick, Nalbandian, Hewitt, Safin, Haas, Coria, Ljubicic, Blake, but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #17
country flag Crustaceok

Crustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond reputeCrustaceok has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I was very happy when the news appeared, but then I realised that the cheapest ticket costs 60.000 chilean pesos (US$ 120) and the location is very far from the court. The nearest location costs like 1000 dolars (500.000 CLP).

I prefer to save money for the ATP tournament in Viña del Mar, the tickets are much cheaper. This year I saw Nadal, Chardy and other matches and it cost me less than a third of the cost of the cheapest ticket for this exhibition match.

Garin - Lama - Jarry - Podlipnik - Malla

Tennis Tipping (actual/best)
Singles: 84/84 - W: Tianjin CH, Prague-2 CH, San Juan Fut / RU: Rovinj Fut, Gimcheon CH, Mons CH
Doubles (w/Chilenaitor): 108/108 - W: Kyoto CH, Samarkand CH, Mons CH / RU: Rimouski CH, Vicenza CH, Segovia CH, Bucharest Fut
Crustaceok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #18
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post

They're also playing in Buenos Aires.

The Chile match will be part of Massu's farewell - Massu and Nalbandian will play a match after Nadal and Djokovic. The Argentina match is part of Nalbandian's farewell - Nadal and Nalby playing 2 matches - one in Buenos Aires, one in Cordoba (David's hometown) and Nadal and Djokovic playing one match. [Nadal also playing vs Ferrer in Lima, Peru before the Chile and Argentina exhibitions.]
This schedule is crazY. i Agree with thOSE THAt SAY that they cannot complain of how long the season is when you do these thing in the off season. This year is different, with Massu and Nalbandian especially farewell matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Yes, I was very happy when the news appeared, but then I realised that the cheapest ticket costs 60.000 chilean pesos (US$ 120) and the location is very far from the court. The nearest location costs like 1000 dolars (500.000 CLP).

I prefer to save money for the ATP tournament in Viña del Mar, the tickets are much cheaper. This year I saw Nadal, Chardy and other matches and it cost me less than a third of the cost of the cheapest ticket for this exhibition match.
Clearly a money grabbing event then, only open to the elite
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
country flag SliceAce
Banned!

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

They're trying to do what Federer did, but the concept of playing for the fans and the game instead of the money and the fame isn't capable of occurring in their brains.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #20
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
They're trying to do what Federer did, but the concept of playing for the fans and the game instead of the money and the fame isn't capable of occurring in their brains.
I'm sure the ticket prices to the Federer exho were just as expensive if not more so.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #21
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
I'm sure the ticket prices to the Federer exho were just as expensive if not more so.
Yeah - Fed got paid $2 million per exo - must have been cheap tickets for the "fans".

Of course it's expensive - it's a money making exercise - people pay a lot to go see rock stars - this is the same. The Rolling Stones are in town - those who can afford a ticket will buy one.

As for tiring I don't think it'll be that bad for Nadal - he's doing the Richard Branson Necker Cup thing straight after WTF first - so basically spending a week on a private Caribbean island for a week. After that it's a nice holiday - tour of Peru, Chile and Argentina - who wouldn't want that, and in the S.American summer too? Make some money, hit some balls, catch some sun.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #22
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
I think you've rather overplayed the "Federer is an altruistic God" card of late...
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #23
country flag wfrw07

wfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond reputewfrw07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
This is different- have fun, enjoy and being payed... no stress
They still have to fly half way around the world in the one part of the year where they have no real demand to their schedule. To do this and then complain about scheduling is quite absurd, even if the matches aren't strenuous.
FITD (#1/#2)
2012: Cincinnati
2013: Zagreb, Shanghai
2014: Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Atlanta, Gstaad, Paris
wfrw07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #24
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

No Fed exho this year?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #25
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post

1000 dollars? For an exho? That's crazy...

Is some of it going to charity?

Of course going to Viña del Mar makes more sense. Exhibition matches are so boring, anyway. The only exhibition event I like is Hopman Cup.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
country flag SliceAce
Banned!

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I think you've rather overplayed the "Federer is an altruistic God" card of late...
That's the only reason OldFed is is still playing. Can you imagine Clownpras doing what Federer is doing in the twilight of his career? Or Nadull, who will surely retire when he loses too much to claim injury for all of them.

Why aren't Nadull and Fakervic playing an exo in Africa? Or maybe SE Asia? Both would be great places to promote the game. Oh yeah, because that's not where Fed went...
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #27
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we're not fans for their intelligence. Their appearances are NID.

"How many ATP players does it take to..."
Old 10-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #28
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
He works hard for the money.

So, you better treat him right!

both of them do ... as a mortal, I'm not even sure how much is enough (didn't they both make around $50 millions each just in prize money and God knows how much they are making in endorsements, but whatever ... let them play

Darn, I want to be a famous tennis star or a movie star
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #29
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

who would pay to see an exhibition

no playesr take them seriously except Ferrer

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #30
country flag TennisSavior

TennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond repute

Winning this match could be a huge confidence booster for Djokovic.

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen
TennisSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote