Roma Masters 1st round, Monday 2nd May - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2005, 04:06 AM   #1
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roma Masters 1st round, Monday 2nd May

Congrats to Gaudio after winning his 3rd title of the year. I hope his win yesterday will remind you all to be extremely weary of backing against the Cat on Clay - for it takes an opponent of the highest quality to knock him off.

For those of you who enjoy dabbling in Winners' markets, here is my analysis of how the draw will pan out.

1st quarter:

With Federer out, and Hewitt missing, Roddick is the #1 seed, and although he is coming off a claycourt title win in Houston, I feel that the first genuine dirt-craver he comes up against, he will simply be outstayed, for the American lacks the patience for success on the European clay stage. Coria's first match against the rugged Fernando Gonzalez will give a fair indication of his chances for success in Rome, while Nalbandian, a finalist here last year, will be playing with confidence after snapping his streak of 5 consecutive losses in finals. Others to watch out for: Haas - may turn up to play but then again, may not, Verdasco/Davydenko - the winner of this one may fancy themselves to get past a couple rounds.

2nd quarter:

Henman faces a stern test up first in Kuerten, which should be a tight match, although on current form, neither threatens this group. If you Robredo backers from last night truly believe that he has picked up some good form, then the 40-1 about him becomes an attractive prospect. Tommy Rob will potentially only have to face the likes of Mathieu, Hrbaty, Rochus, Gasquet and Agassi, to earn himself a place in the semi-finals.

3rd quarter:

If El Gato continues to fire more often than he turns himself off, he will have no problem in his section of the draw, and I believe the quotes around of 12/13-1 about him are good value. If Moya, the defending champ, can overcome the shoulder injury that forced him out of Estoril last week, he may be entitled to have a say, otherwise David Ferrer is the only other form player in the section.

4th quarter:

Rafa has come up almost Federerally short at around 3.00, but after dismissing the challenges of the other main Roland Garros hopefuls in Gaudio and Coria, who can blame the punters for being so supportive of the 18 year old. If Marat decides to play, he should win through a few rounds, and along with Canas, they remain the 2 main chances capable of knocking off the Mallorcan prince.

(Useless)Fact: Spaniards have taken out 3 of the past 4 AMS Roma titles.

Last edited by its.like.that : 05-02-2005 at 04:08 AM.
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 04:09 AM   #2
bad gambler

Default Re: Roma Masters 1st round, Monday 2nd May

Nice write up mate
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:34 AM   #3
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
Nice write up mate
nice freo tip by the way, hope you're back into green territory now .
Old 05-02-2005, 04:40 AM   #4
Banned!

Today's plays:

Ferrer x Gasquet x Grosjean x Hrbat @ 2.25
Verdasco @ 2.60
Seppi @ 2.10
Monaco @ 1.60
Old 05-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #5
bad gambler

Stan the man v berdych is an interesting matchup, might throw a few coins to the way of the swiss gun
Old 05-02-2005, 04:47 AM   #6
Banned!

Quote:
Stan the man v berdych is an interesting matchup, might throw a few coins to the way of the swiss gun
i dont have an official blacklist, but I know to stay away from Berdman.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:40 AM   #7
country flag fisherking

fisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am with you here bg.
Interesting that bookies have different opinion. Most see here Berdych as a fav but ie Cenrebet give us 1.93 on Czech and 1.83 on Wawrinka at the moment.
fisherking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #8
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherking
I am with you here bg.
Interesting that bookies have different opinion. Most see here Berdych as a fav but ie Cenrebet give us 1.93 on Czech and 1.83 on Wawrinka at the moment.
you sure?? I have it as the other way around

however berdych's form thus far has been nothing to write home about, more and more I'm liking this play
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 AM   #9
country flag DeccyB123

DeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Kuerten @ 2.05
Seppi @ 2.00
Verdasco @ 2.30
Hrbaty @ 1.45 (Hoping for a bit better odds )
DeccyB123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:52 AM   #10
country flag fisherking

fisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond reputefisherking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you sure?? I have it as the other way around
yes
fisherking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:54 AM   #11
bad gambler

I would strongly advise all to stay away from the tabasco v ukraine match, save yourself a few years in your life if you plan to follow it live
Old 05-02-2005, 05:59 AM   #12
country flag DeccyB123

DeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond reputeDeccyB123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherking
What does the whole home and away thing mean?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:00 AM   #13
country flag DeccyB123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeccyB123
What does the whole home and away thing mean?
Don't worry I understand it now
Old 05-02-2005, 06:17 AM   #14
country flag dbnumberone
Local Favorite

dbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond repute

gooooooo davyd, start the day off right
dbnumberone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:34 AM   #15
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
Today's plays:

Seppi @ 2.10
Monaco @ 1.60
those two should go in your "specials" category