Nikolai Davydenko - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM   #106
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nikolai Davydenko

happy birthday to our kolenka
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 AM   #107
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

oh, no, i must post it with a new thread and make our kolya wide ^_^^_^
Old 06-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #108
country flag nestor_fan

nestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond reputenestor_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronika
Q. Okay. How surprised are you to be in the semifinals?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Hmm... yeah (smiling). Surprise is good questions.

Q. What do you think the answer is? Why are you there?

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Why I am in semifinal?

Q. Yeah.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Is thinking also why was ‑‑ why ‑‑ okay, why I won last week tournament also? You know, why before I get semifinal Hamburg? Good questions also.

Q. But this is a Grand Slam, which is different.

NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, but the same guys, you know. Okay, only five sets you play, but everything the same.

You know, you need to be ‑‑ yeah, you need to be top fit for the five sets. But everything the same. Tennis the same. If you there good, why you need to play bad here? Okay, sometimes you play good and then bad. But in some tournament you beat these guy, why you can't beat here, you know, also?

Nice of them to act like it's such a surprize for him to make it this far...
I like his response though
nestor_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:45 AM   #109
country flag linus

a report from Reuters

Davydenko sets up semi-final against Puerta
2005-06-01 18:23:31 GMT (Reuters)

PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Russia's Nikolay Davydenko outgunned Spaniard Tommy Robredo 3-6 6-1 6-2 4-6 6-4 in a tight contest on Wednesday to reach the semi-finals of the French Open.

Davydenko, the 12th seed, will now meet unseeded Mariano Puerta, who won the battle of the Argentines when he beat Guillermo Canas 6-2 3-6 1-6 6-3 6-4 earlier in the day.

The Russian, who turns 24 on Thursday, advanced to the semi-finals of a grand slam tournament for the first time and made sure of entering the top 10 when the new rankings are released on Monday.

"First time in the semi-finals of a grand slam, first time in the top 10 -- this is my birthday present," he said.

"Right now I'm tired but tomorrow I'll realise what has happened and it will feel good."

The two players, who struggled to hold serve throughout the match, had traded early breaks in the decisive set before Davydenko managed the telling one in the seventh game.

Robredo, seeded 15th, survived three match points on his serve two games later but the Russian then served for the match and earned a fourth, with the Spaniard hitting a forehand wide to bow out after three hours and 18 minutes of play.

A quarter-finalist at this year' Australian Open, Davydenko had never progressed beyond the second round in four previous visits to Roland Garros.

However, the Russian with the fierce two-handed backhand had warned he could be dangerous when he ousted last year's runner-up Guillermo Coria of Argentina in the previous round.

Robredo, a quarter-finalist here two years ago, failed to disappoint the Russian fans yet again having beaten Marat Safin in five sets in the fourth round.

The 23-year-old Spaniard lived up to his reputation as a fighter but Davydenko never gave up and came out on top.

"I had to fight for every ball," said the Russian. "He's better than me from the baseline so it was real tough."
Old 06-02-2005, 04:10 AM   #110
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute

i think that this thread should be among the list of marat safin and youzhny
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:44 AM   #111
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus
Robredo, a quarter-finalist here two years ago, failed to disappoint the Russian fans yet again having beaten Marat Safin in five sets in the fourth round.
I like this sentence
Five is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 AM   #112
country flag Five

Five has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond reputeFive has a reputation beyond repute

Давыденко впервые в своей карьере вышел в полуфинал Roland Garros

Россиянин Николай Давыденко сделал себе хороший подарок накануне 24-летия, впервые в своей карьере пробившись в полуфинал Открытого чемпионата Франции по теннису, который проходит в эти дни на парижских кортах Roland Garros. В предыдущие годы Давыденко никогда не проходил дальше второго круга этого престижного турнира.

В среду в четвертьфинальном матче турнира россиянин со счетом 3:6, 6:1, 6:2, 4:6, 6:4 обыграл обидчика Марата Сафина 23-летнего испанца Томми Робредо. Матч продолжался более трех часов. В пятом, решающем сете при счете 5:3 в Робредо сумел отыграть три матчбола, но все же капитулировал.

В полуфинале Открытого чемпионата Франции ему предстоит встретиться с 26-летним аргентинцем Мариано Пуэртой, который в среду обыграл своего соотечественника Гильермо Каньяса. Во втором полуфинале Roland Garros сразятся Роджер Федерер из Швейцарии и испанец Рафаэль Надаль.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #113
country flag linus

Five, you post a report in russian, i am reading it just like one flying in the sky, wo~~~~

but thanks to natas81 for offering a translator-site, i have known the basic meaning of it,

so i must thank you as well, for your care for kolya and i am so happy on his birthday
^_^
Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #114
country flag linus

do me a favor to send a report on his match def coria from rueters, maybe it is late
Attached Images
File Type: jpg (rueters report)r4.JPG (71.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-03-2005, 03:04 AM   #115
country flag linus

an article new just before kolya's match against puerta in the roland garros office site

{Davydenko: the other Russian
By Benjamin Adler
Thursday, June 2, 2005

The hard-hitting Russian in the semis at this year's French Open is not Marat Safin but lesser known compatriot Nikolay Davydenko. After wins over last year's finalist Guillermo Coria in the last sixteen and Tommy Robredo in the quarters, the world No 12 is on the threshold of his first Grand Slam final.

The win over Coria confirmed the 24 year-olds impressive form this season: he followed a quarter final berth in the Australian Open with semi-final finishes in Barcelona and Hamburg before winning in Sankt Poelten.

The shy native of Severodonezk in the Ukraine now looks to be a contender for the Masters Cup at season's end. "I'm playing well at the moment but I still have to go out and prove myself everyday. I can still do better, my game is far from perfect" he says.

Born on 2 June 1981 in the Ukraine, at just 11 Nikolay left his parents Vladimir and Tatjana behind to live with his elder brother Edouard in Volgograd. At the time, Russia seemed to offer more opportunities for a would-be tennis pro he explains to the hoards of journalists who gathered after his quarter-final win. "I stayed 4 years in Russia. Edouard worked as a tennis coach for kids and we practiced together. He pushed me pretty hard. At 15 we left for Germany. A Russian who lived there convinced Edouard it would be better for me. In Europe I could play more tournaments than in Russia."

Aussie breakthrough

Although he would be 18 before he was granted Russian citizenship, the now Monaco resident soon defended his adopted country's colours in the Davis Cup. After his 4th ATP tour win in Moscow in 2004 he was warmly congratulated by former president and tennis aficionado Boris Eltsine.

A pro since 1999, Nikolay first caught the public eye when he took a set off Pat Rafter in the second round at the Australian Open. He also won his first ATP tour victory in Australia in 2003 in Adelaďde. In three years he has climbed out of Marat Safin's shodow from 85th to 12th in the world rankings. And he will surely climb even higher if he overcomes unseeded Mariano Puerto on Friday to reach the French Open final on what is his favourite surface.}
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 AM   #116
country flag Five

Thanks linus
4 hours 40 minutes left til Kolya's match. This is the biggest match of his career.
Allez Kolya
Old 06-03-2005, 10:41 AM   #117
country flag linus

the match will be on soon, god bless my kolya
Old 06-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #118
country flag Five

Il pleut sur Paris
Old 06-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #119
country flag Five

rain = slow court=
Old 06-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #120
country flag linus

^_^ =delay