Nikolai Davydenko - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2003, 08:13 AM   #1
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nikolai Davydenko

he won his first atp title but i don't know what he looks like
drf716 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2003, 01:02 PM   #2
country flag madten

madten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond reputemadten has a reputation beyond repute

go to atptennis.com latest news from Adelaide, there you'll find him
Old 01-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
KFS

KFS

Nikolay Davydenko - No.4 Russian ATP Player

Congrats Nickolay, successfully won yourself the first ATP singles title in the first week of 2003!!! All the best for the rest of the year!!

And now, Andrei Stoliarov should be the next!!!

Kafelnikov, Yevgeny
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Safin, Marat
KFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

ADELAIDE Jan. 5, 2002

Russian Goes All the Way in Adelaide
Nikolay Davydenko claims his first ATP title.

Twenty-one year old Nikolay Davydenko held off a late match fight back by Belgian qualifier Kristof Vliegen to win his first ATP title at the AAPT Championships, with a 6-2, 7-6(3) scoreline in Adelaide, Australia.
Davydenko played error free tennis right up until he served for the match leading 5 games to 4 in the second set when Vliegen regained his focus to break the Russian, conceding just one point while securing the crucial late match break. Davydenko, who had been solid from the baseline throughout the match, regained control in the final set tie breaker, losing just three points on his way to a 1 hour and 15 minute victory.

Davydenko stuck with his game plan of steady baseline play to frustrate the 20-year-old Vliegen, who showed the signs of pressure of playing in his first ATP final. Vliegen's aggressive game produced too many errors at critical times and Davydenko took full advantage.

Davydenko's first serve found the target 76 percent of the time, making it difficult for the hard hitting Vliegen to put pressure on his service games and some timely passing shots from the baseline put the heat on Vliegen when he approached the net.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Davydenko: "I tried to concentrate hard in the final and I tried to play at full pace and make no mistakes. I could see he had trouble concentrating when I hit a lot of balls during a point. I did get a little nervous when I was serving for the match at 5-4, but I relaxed again in the tie breaker.
"I'm very happy. It's great to win my first ATP title because some players in the top 100 never get a tournament title. Now I want to keep coming up."

Vliegen: " I think I felt a little bit nervous but he wasn't an easy guy to play. I'm a tall guy and I wasn't moving so fast from the back of the court so I think tactically he played pretty good for the whole match. It was frustrating but I kept on fighting the whole second set even when I was a down a break at 4-5. I think he got a little bit nervous there and he missed his first two forehands for the whole match.

"I had to go for my shots because on every point he would never miss a ball. I needed a bit of luck but he was the better player today. But even after losing the final today it is good for me because now I know what I have to work on."

======

I also posted some articles in the Adelaide forum Congrats to Nikolay!! It's always nice to have a winning Russian

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #5
Slammin'Schalken:)

Slammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond reputeSlammin'Schalken:) has a reputation beyond repute

He's really cute on that picture.. Thanks!

GO! .."Mister Bundesliga" John van Lottum.. GO!

Also good luck to Nikolay Davydenko, Juan Ignacio Chela, Peter Luczak, Vasilis Mazarakis, Martin Verkerk, Raemon Sluiter, Richard Krajicek, Sjeng Schalken..and of course "Fredje" Hemmes!

Slammin'Schalken:) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 06:23 PM   #6
country flag TheBoiledEgg

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond reputeTheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Kolya on the rise

wish he had won his 1st rd match too in Melbourne

but still he's got a title already in 2003
Berdych*Tsonga*Nishikori*Chardy

Goodbye Marat 1996-2009
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 03:49 AM   #7
KFS

KFS

Well Done, Nikolai!!! Another young Russian hero in Davis Cup!!

Kafelnikov, Yevgeny
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Safin, Marat
Old 02-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #8
country flag drf716

drf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond reputedrf716 has a reputation beyond repute

Russian tennis players are going to conquer tennis more than the Americans did.!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 06:17 AM   #9
KFS

KFS

Oh.... Nikolai just suffered from a left wrist injury and forced to retire from the match against M.Norman when he won the 1st set 6-4...... I hope its not too serious!!!

Get well soon!!!

Kafelnikov, Yevgeny
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Safin, Marat
Old 02-19-2003, 08:52 AM   #10
country flag drf716

i just learned the Nikolai was born in the Ukraine and lived most of his life in Germany but chose to represent Russia.?!?!
Old 02-23-2003, 02:07 AM   #11
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

From ATPTennis.com:

INJURY UPDATE…Russia's NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO will be out for at least six weeks after fracturing his left wrist during his first round match in Memphis against MAGNUS NORMAN. Davydenko was leading 5-2 when he slipped and fell on his wrist. After treatment from ATP trainer Bill Norris, he went on to win the set 6-4, but could not continue. An X-ray on Tuesday confirmed the fracture.

Get well soon, Nikolay!

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 12:50 PM   #12
KFS

KFS

Get Well soon, Nikolai!!! Its such a shame as he is doing so well so far in 2003, and this injury has to stop him to play the masters series......

Kafelnikov, Yevgeny
Ferrero, Juan Carlos
Safin, Marat
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #13
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nikolai Davydenko

What happened to Davydenko today? he lost against Sanchez 6-3,1-6 ?

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 AM   #14
country flag drf716

oh too bad...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:31 AM   #15
sara-chaz

sara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these partssara-chaz is infamous around these parts

is kolya married?? he looks much older than his age to me, and can't quite believe that marat's older than him indeed
sara-chaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote