James News! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-30-2005, 02:18 AM   #91
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Too good, Renee

There's also a small group of a third kind, I think: the James-haters-who-are-haters-because-they-are-Roddick-haters-and-James-is-friends-with-Roddick

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 02:28 AM   #92
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't thank me, Sue, I just speak the truth

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:59 AM   #93

I'm glad I stay out of GM because I don't see any reason to "hate" any tennis player. Maybe people like some players better than other players. And maybe some tennis players are better than other tennis players. But none of that is a reason to actually "hate" any player IMO. I mean do these people even know James?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #94
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I'm glad I stay out of GM because I don't see any reason to "hate" any tennis player. Maybe people like some players better than other players. And maybe some tennis players are better than other tennis players. But none of that is a reason to actually "hate" any player IMO. I mean do these people even know James?
If I could rep you I would
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #95
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, GM is one of the most hateful things I've ever seen. The things they say about other people, most of whom they've never met (and those they have, they still don't KNOW).... it's disgusting. Even some of the stuff people have said to ME and only because I LIKE a player they hate... I mean, it's gross. Literally, one person said that they wouldn't respect me or anything I say because I like Andy. I mean, you cannot be serious.

There are absolutely players I don't like but not one of them, but I don't dislike them enough, nor am I the type of person who would get enjoyment out of obsessing over disliking them, I mean, it's sick. Probably 95% of the Andy-related threads on GM are started by people who hate him.

Regarding James, I know some people don't think his nice guy thing is real. They think he's actually a jerk and is just acting or something. I mean, I think James is brilliant and all but I don't think he's a good enough actor to be superdupernice and seem genuine about it like 99% of the time.

Some of these people are ridiculously judgmental, too. They see a guy once and assume by that encounter whether he's nice or not.. I mean, people are moody, it's our nature, you're going to see people when they're not always having a good day. It doesn't mean they're not good people. For example, there was one particular person on GM who said she hated Andy b/c of one particular encounter right after he lost one particular match. Gilbert would later write that that match in particular upset Andy much more than usual - so of course he was in a horrific mood .

I mean, I just don't have enough time to hate. I'm too busy, and life's too short. Any energy I'd spend on talking about hating someone, I'd rather spent supporting all my faves that much more. To each his own, I guess, but Mae, you're better off not going to GM, trust me.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 11-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #96
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing about all of this is that one would assume that we all at least enjoy tennis!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #97
country flag Deboogle!.

you'd think!

Old 11-30-2005, 05:55 PM   #98
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
you'd think!
Yep. Now the only time I can't deal with a player is when he appears to be moody ALL THE TIME
Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #99
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

I have to spread the love around a bit before I can rep you again Deb. Well said.

I still don't get the Blake hate. He's one of the nicest guys on tour with a clean record but some idiots will still find a way to trash him. Unless you're JesusFed who is perfect and can do no wrong (even when you DO say or do something wrong) nobody gets a pass in GM.

Quote:
Literally, one person said that they wouldn't respect me or anything I say because I like Andy. I mean, you cannot be serious.
People who have the mindset of a 12 year old are not to be taken too seriously.

Quote:
Probably 95% of the Andy-related threads on GM are started by people who hate him.
Absolutely. The only threads I start about Andy are score/results threads but if I want to discuss his game or anything like that, then I'd say that his forum here is the only place to have an adult conversation about it without idiots slinging mud at him or starting false rumors about him, like Tennis Fool or tennischick do all the time.

Quote:
Regarding James, I know some people don't think his nice guy thing is real. They think he's actually a jerk and is just acting or something.
That cracks me up. Why is James' good guy act "fake" but Roger's act is not? He was just as tempermental as a junior as James was. Again, it's all double standards in GM. I've heard and read absolutely nothing negative about James in the past few years so why anyone would think he's faking is paranoid and stupid.

Quote:
Some of these people are ridiculously judgmental, too. They see a guy once and assume by that encounter whether he's nice or not.. I mean, people are moody, it's our nature, you're going to see people when they're not always having a good day. It doesn't mean they're not good people. For example, there was one particular person on GM who said she hated Andy b/c of one particular encounter right after he lost one particular match. Gilbert would later write that that match in particular upset Andy much more than usual - so of course he was in a horrific mood .
Oh my, god forbid a human should display human tendencies and react like a normal human being These people are athletes who make their living winning matches, they are not Hollywood celebrities who's sole job is to smile vapidly at movie premieres and talk about the latest shoe trends on the red carpet.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #100
country flag Deboogle!.

Agree completely with everything you said, tangy. And it's why I rarely give them the satisfaction of making me waste my time on them anymore

Old 11-30-2005, 09:23 PM   #101

To Cobalt60, Deb, and Tangy (I hope you don't mind me calling you that) these posts have been some of the best I have ever seen on this Forum! I agree with all of you completely! But I can't Rep any of you!!!!! This "spread the love around" thing has a great disadvantage to it. I think if you come across some great posts you should be able to Rep those people no matter how many times or when you last gave them a Rep And believe me I will never go into GM!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #102
country flag AgassiDomination

AgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond reputeAgassiDomination has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah, GM is one of the most hateful things I've ever seen. The things they say about other people, most of whom they've never met (and those they have, they still don't KNOW).... it's disgusting. Even some of the stuff people have said to ME and only because I LIKE a player they hate... I mean, it's gross. Literally, one person said that they wouldn't respect me or anything I say because I like Andy. I mean, you cannot be serious.

There are absolutely players I don't like but not one of them, but I don't dislike them enough, nor am I the type of person who would get enjoyment out of obsessing over disliking them, I mean, it's sick. Probably 95% of the Andy-related threads on GM are started by people who hate him.

Regarding James, I know some people don't think his nice guy thing is real. They think he's actually a jerk and is just acting or something. I mean, I think James is brilliant and all but I don't think he's a good enough actor to be superdupernice and seem genuine about it like 99% of the time.

I mean, I just don't have enough time to hate. I'm too busy, and life's too short. Any energy I'd spend on talking about hating someone, I'd rather spent supporting all my faves that much more. To each his own, I guess, but Mae, you're better off not going to GM, trust me.

You are so right! I like an intelligent girl
AgassiDomination is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 PM   #103
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
MensTennisForums.com Message
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

and also for Tangy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:23 AM   #104
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

FYI- I went for dinner with some office mates tonight and one of the ladies asked me "who was that handsome player on 60 minutes? He came across so intelligent,well spoken and sincere. And some story huh? " After I told her a bit more she even went so far as to think about watching him play tennis next year when they show a match on tv. My job is to let her know when he is playing.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #105
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgassiDomination

You are so right! I like an intelligent girl
awww :blushes:

your av omg

See, Sue, that's what it's all about. bringing new people to tennis!!! If James even brings just your friend to tennis, then it's awesome. But chances are good he brought many more to it, too. And some of these GM people say they love tennis so much and complain that it gets so little attention in the US, but then hate the players who are doing the best job of getting what attention there is - can't have it both ways lol. I mean, I don't love Roger but I think it's great when he goes on shows like Regis or Letterman or whatever, it's good for the sport.

Ultimately, some people might just need something better to do with their time