James News! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #31
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Right, how could I be so silly.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2005, 12:32 AM   #32
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieM
OMG james on oprah i can't wait
Ditto. It'll be awesome!
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #33
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

OMG THIS IS SO FUNNY LOL!!!!!!
======================
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...nichols/050902
James Blake
By Rachel Nichols
Page 2

EDITOR'S NOTE: On occasion, we all need help. But where to turn? Fortunately, Rachel Nichols is here to bring us the special kind of advice that only the world's greatest athletes can dole out. Whether to take it … well, that's up to you. Today's Ill-Advised expert: pro tennis player James Blake.

RACHEL: OK, James, you've been tearing up the courts all summer. You're a New York Times cover boy. That's nice and all, but can you give good advice?

JAMES: I'm going to try. No guarantees, though.

RACHEL: Well, we'll start with the easy stuff. What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?

JAMES: The best advice I ever got was from my dad. He said to have fun and work hard at the same time.

RACHEL: He wanted you to practice naked while drinking beer?

JAMES: I don't think so -- although that's not a bad idea. I think he meant that it shouldn't be just about winning or losing, that you should enjoy the way you get better when you work hard.

RACHEL: Ah. Smart guy, your dad. But let's not write off the beer thing so quickly. I'm just saying. OK, let's get to the huddled masses, clamoring for your words of wisdom. Like Eric in Los Angeles. He writes, "I pretty much made my girlfriend move out to Los Angeles for me, and she keeps bugging me to move back to Minneapolis (her hometown). What can I do to get her to like L.A. and want to live here? Should I just buy her a lot of expensive stuff?"

JAMES: Buying girls expensive stuff is always a good idea. If you don't mind going broke, I'd say that's the way to go.

RACHEL: What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought someone?

JAMES: Well, expensive jewelry for a girlfriend, but I have bought cars, twice. But those are for people who were real close to me, my dad and my coach. Girlfriend doesn't get a car -- yet. Maybe if the girlfriend turns into wife … well, we'll see.

ACHEL: A bridal prize package. Classy.

JAMES: Hey, I said we'll see.

RACHEL: True. No promises. Not even for Jim Tanner in Boulder, Colo. -- Jim, you definitely don't get a car. But you can get some advice. Jim writes, "I have to travel a lot for work and get bored waiting for planes so much. My girlfriend actually taught me how to knit but I feel if I do that in public, people at the airport terminal will start laughing at me. Can you think of any way for me to save face but still get a nice ski cap or something out of all that down time?

JAMES: No, because I'd laugh at you, too.

RACHEL: Yeah, I have to agree there.

JAMES: I say, pick another hobby. I personally favor online poker. And if you do well enough at that, you can buy yourself a hat.

RACHEL: Or your own private airplane. Then you can knit to your weird little heart's content.

OK, let's move on to Rukiya Anthony, in St. Louis. She writes, "I am the biggest tomboy in my school. All the girls in my class tease me about me wearing only basketball shorts, and about how I have never had my first kiss. What should I do? Should I ditch my Jordans and trade them in for a pair of heels?"

JAMES: No way. You have to just be who you are. You can't try to fake it. People will like you for who you are.

RACHEL: That's easy for you to say. You're a professional athlete. People would still like you if you were the one wearing the heels.

JAMES: Are you kidding? I was 5 feet tall and wearing a back brace in high school. I was not the big man on campus. But fortunately, I had some friends who still wanted to hang out with me, and they are the ones who are still around today.

RACHEL: Those are the ones getting cars today.

JAMES: Exactly.

RACHEL: Bottom line, Rukiya, keep the Jordans. Just tell the other girls they'd better be nice to you if they want to be around later on when you're in the WNBA making crazy cash. Well, at least when you're in the WNBA.

OK, next up is Mike Henderson from Philadelphia. Mike writes, "My fiancé[e] has atrocious grammar. It doesn't bother me, but I see my mother wince every time she mangles her beloved English. Family is very important to me and I want everyone to respect each other and get along. Any suggestions on how to smooth things over?"

JAMES: That's a tough one. My mom is an English major, so she taught me proper grammar and spelling and all that, and so I have the nasty habit of always correcting people.

RACHEL: Wow, you're fun at parties.

JAMES: Yeah, people get annoyed when I do that. I also correct people's spelling on e-mails.

RACHEL: James, I hate to break this to you, but I'm no longer sure it was the back brace that was chasing people away in high school.

JAMES: Yeah, I know. It's nerdy. But I'm trying to stop. Really.

RACHEL: You know what they say: The best advice is the advice we give ourselves. Unless of course you're David Pound from California. Then the best advice could come from you -- David writes, "My coach has terrible breath. Any way I can let him know to deal with that funk before yelling at me, or should I just quit the team?"

JAMES: You just need to be generous. Every time you see him, give him some Altoids or breath mints. Or you can just go for space. I had a similar problem with a coach once, and every time he started yelling, I started backing up. There's also the towel-over-the-face trick. Cover the nose. A good motto.

RACHEL: I hear they're considering that for the state flag.

JAMES: Trust me, it works.

RACHEL: Well, what else you got? The last question we always ask is, what's your best piece of advice?

JAMES: I before E, except after C. Live by it, people.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 09-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #34
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

That was great! Thanks
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:11 AM   #35
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my dear God... That's so damn funny...

James is a nerd! Good to see all the boys are on the same page
renee_chin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #36
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

The episode of Oprah that was taped last week featuring James is tentatively set to air this coming Monday, September 26th lets hope its true

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 PM   #37
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly
The episode of Oprah that was taped last week featuring James is tentatively set to air this coming Monday, September 26th lets hope its true
omg my tv just suddenly quit on me today, i hope i can get it fixed soon, i'll be sad if i miss james on oprah

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:11 PM   #38
country flag renee_chin

renee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond reputerenee_chin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly
Did anyone catch this?!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #39
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, gang...what's up with this: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2172598

Quote:
Similar threatening letters denouncing interracial relationships have been sent to other public figures in recent months, including U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Jason Taylor and the parents of tennis star James Blake. The threats have been traced to the Cleveland area.
emphasis mine

at bigotted, close-minded idiots who can't get past skin color and gender.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #40
country flag renee_chin

It's bad enough to throw racial abuse to players - but to the parents as well?! :retard:
Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #41
country flag Deboogle!.

What's sadly ironic is that James's father has passed away, and his mother is white.

Anyway, I totally forgot to watch Oprah yesterday omg, but I don't think James was on?

Old 09-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

Ah, here's the answer about Oprah
----------------------------------
Blake's star rising, just ask Oprah
By KEITH NIEBUHR, Times Staff Writer
Published September 27, 2005

A few signs you've hit the big time:

Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes drops by your house to chat.

Oprah Winfrey flies you to Chicago.

Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair and Vogue have articles planned.

Welcome to the life of James Blake .

In the wake of Blake's memorable U.S. Open performance, which included a quarterfinal finish and thrilling five-set loss to Andre Agassi , the interest of the media and public has swelled. Blake's story, you might recall, goes well beyond the court. A year ago, the 25-year-old Tampa resident suffered a major spine injury, had temporary paralysis in his face and lost his father to cancer.

"It's really interesting how he has penetrated the mainstream," said Blake's agent, Carlos Fleming of IMG. "People who don't even follow tennis were paying attention to what he did at the Open."

No dates have been released for Blake's 60 Minutes and Oprah appearances.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #43
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

LMFAO!! I was just reading that Deb
And the whole article about the racial threats it just disgusts and makes me so angry that people resort to that kind of behaviour!

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #44
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I need to watch James on Oprah, that should be a very interesting episode.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #45
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute

yay i didn't miss james on oprah , hopefully by the time it's on i'll have my new tv

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote