James News! - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2006, 05:03 PM   #181
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Hmmmmm I always wondered why he didn't have the big ol P on his strings.

I wonder when he'll try to make the change. Like I said in the Mardy forum, I saw him and his stringer yesterday stringing his racquets with different strings and tensions, and it seemed to be the same racquet.
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2006, 05:06 PM   #182
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like the Prince stuff is still in development.... my guess is he wouldn't switch for real until he has a period of time off to practice with it (which of course he has right now but i don't think it's ready yet) .... maybe after Wimbledon or something like that, but I don't think the Prince racquet exists yet so yeah. I dunno.

Question, was he practicing on red or green clay?

Thanks for your 'reports'

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #183
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

green...which is good for me because there's no red clay on the side of the resort that I play i know i'm greedy

hehe i wish i had better stuff to report, but i don't...mainly because i'm playing when he is. but i heard today he wanted to stop early to go play golf (but he didn't)
Old 04-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
They're not rivals, except in the media. They're good friends. Sure they want to beat each other and all that, but it's gonna be a media thing much more than anything actually between the two of them, i'm pretty confident of that.

Anyway I posted the article b/c I thought the business aspect of his racquet situation was interesting. I wonder when he'll start playing with the Prince racquet, and I agree with Darren Rovell the author, that actually putting the Prince logos on the racquet seems like it's taking the deception a bit too far.
Oh I know James and Andy are really friends. But I don't understand why even the media would want them to be American rivals? Back in the days when the world didn't have as many high quality players that it does now I can see why American rivals were needed, but not now. And I agree with you and Rovell the author that actually putting the Prince logos on the racquet goes too far. I thought most players when they were making a racket change just taped over the other company's name?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #185
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceit
green...which is good for me because there's no red clay on the side of the resort that I play i know i'm greedy

hehe i wish i had better stuff to report, but i don't...mainly because i'm playing when he is. but i heard today he wanted to stop early to go play golf (but he didn't)
lol that's okay. he wanted to stop early to play golf? James James James, practicing on green clay and playing golf instead are not how you're gonna improve on clay I was curious about the color of the clay for James's sake, not yours

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #186
country flag aceit

Well I heard a story yesterday about why he wants to play golf here *cough* gorgeous golf cart driving women *cough*

Maybe he was playing on the red clay today because he wasn't here this morning like he's been for the past few days.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #187
country flag Deboogle!.

Wouldn't surprise me

wait, so there is red clay at saddlebrook and James has been practicing on green? THAT IS BRILLIANT, JAMES!

Old 04-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #188
Alan

Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Alan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #189
country flag Deboogle!.

James did an ESPN Chat today
------------------
SportsNation Buzzmaster: (4:05 PM ET ) James is in the building! He'll be here shortly!

Jane (Texas): James, how come the Americans won't play a lot on European clay - you guys would do better if you played more over there!

SportsNation James Blake: (4:19 PM ET ) Well, I'd say it's because we haven't had a lot of success over on European clay. We need a break to get ready for the clay court season. Hopefully this year we'll all get a lot better.

Jacksonville, FL: How do you feel playign at Harvard helped you on tour?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:20 PM ET ) I think it helped me just being in a college environment. It helped me being comfortable with my brother. It helped me by being on tour with a structure and being away from home.

Jesse (Kansas City): What is your strategy to beat Roger F.?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:21 PM ET ) Basically just try to play perfectly. You have to be playing your best tennis and hope he's not having his best day as well.

Roger (Ann Arbor, MI): James, if you could only have one of the following, what would it be and why: Australian, French, Wimbledon, US Open, Davis Cup Championship for USA?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:22 PM ET ) I'd say the Davis Cup because it's shared with the team. It's a personal accomplishment but it's also for the fans and the team. It's nice to have a team win in an individual sport.

Kelvin (Columbus GA): What's your favorite breakfast cereal?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:22 PM ET ) I would say Cinnamon Life.

Chip (Litchfield, CT): Has your training practices changed as a result of your injury?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:23 PM ET ) No, it changed when I was getting back into shape. Because I was getting back into shape after not playing for a while. Now I'm getting back into shape and hopefully being one of the hardest workers on tour.

AJ Boston, Massachusetts: Congratulations on your sucess this year James! When do you think your experimental racket will go public?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:24 PM ET ) I'm hoping this summer. I'm working with Prince with developing a racket from the gournd up. It's interesting to work with them. I want the consumer to get the best product possible.

Joshua Rey (Miami, FL): How are you feeling about returning to Rome for the first time since suffering your injury there in 2004?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:25 PM ET ) I think it should be interesting. It should be some memories of some tough times. I feel like now the smoke has cleared. It's a great city and I feel like I will have some more success than the last time I was here.

Nadia: Who is your favourite opponet to play against?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:26 PM ET ) My favorite opponent was Todd Martin. He's retired now, but he was able to change his game depending on how the match was going. He hit the ball cleanly and gave you a lot of rhythm.

Maria: What do you think about the large majority of tennis fans not getting the chance to see Davis Cup this year because it was shown on Tennis Channel?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:27 PM ET ) I wish it was more exposed, because Davis Cup has an unbelievable atmosphere. I think the fans have a tough time following it because it's spread out all over the year.

Joe (Long Island, NY): James, I'm a HUGE fan! I know your one of the fastest players in the game and I know you have the endurance of a race horse. Do you feel there is any part of your game that needs polishing before the French Open and Wimbledon?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:29 PM ET ) Before the French, I need to make sure I'm able to slide into balls. Hopefully I'll have enough time to practice in Rome and Hamburg. For Wimbledon, time is taken away so you need to be attacking. I need to make sure my volley is effective.

Rose (CA): Hi James, How do you prepare differently to play on clay than for other surfaces?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:30 PM ET ) I think mentally I prepare knowing that it could be a lot of ups and downs in the match and a long match. I need to compete as long as I need to and to be ready for the match as possible.

A. Reyes (Houston, Texas): James, do you shine your dome in a Shine-O Ball-O machine a la The Simpsons? It's so shiny, I'd swear I've predicted the future with it once or twice! Good luck on "the dirt" and keep up the great tennis!

SportsNation James Blake: (4:31 PM ET ) I don't do that, but I appreciate the Simpsons reference, because that's my favorite show on TV. It's au natural.

jeff newton, Ontario, canada: How are you the only player to beat rafael Nadal? What is your secret?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:32 PM ET ) Play him on American hard courts. I think our games match up well for me. I have the ability to finish off points. I can finish off the points before he can use his counterpunch.

Jesse (Kansas City): Hi James, any plans for marriage soon?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:32 PM ET ) No, not even close to marriage right now.

Dora: Your brother's a great sport. Did you know that ESPN was going to mike him during one of your matches?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:33 PM ET ) Yes, I did know that. I thought it was a good choice, because my coach is extremely quiet in the box. I thought they'd get better sound bites from my brother.

Fumus Albany, NY: Who would win in an arm wrestling contest you or Nadal?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:33 PM ET ) Well, I'd hope with the right hand me, and with the left hand him.

Littleton, Colorado: What kind of physical training regimen to go through on a weekly basis when you're preparing for an upcoming event?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:34 PM ET ) Probably 2-3 hours a day on the court and then about 40 to an hour of sprints and agility drills and then about 45 minutes in the weight room on a normal day.

Abid (Fredericton, NB Canada): How did it feel playing that classic match against Andre in New York?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:35 PM ET ) It was difficult as a competitor to lose, but I think overall it was good for the sport of tennis. It was a great memory for the two weeks in New York.

Mark: Vancouver, Canada: Of the next three majors, which one is your favorite to play in?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:36 PM ET ) U.S. Open is always my favorite because it's close to home. I've always been a fan of it. I get a chance to see a lot of my friends and they can watch me.

TD (USA): James do you ever plan on growing your beautiful hair out again? Your dreds were awesome!

SportsNation James Blake: (4:36 PM ET ) I don't plan on it right now. I've gotten too used to having no hair and it's extremely easy.

Kelvin: Being a tennis player is there anything guilty pleasure you must or try to give up?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:37 PM ET ) I guess being on the road all the time, you don't get to watch all your shows. People get hooked on their Lost or 24.

Eli (Deal): If you could play a diffrent sport what would it be?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:38 PM ET ) I would say golf, because they get paid exorbetent amounts of money and they don't have to be in great shape. Their careers last forever. Plus the really cool clothes.

Fumus Albany, NY: Roger maybe the number 1 player in the world but...who's better looking? You or Fedex?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:39 PM ET ) I think that's up to the fans to decide.

Darryl (UK): James, I've just remembered to ask: what are your ambitions for this year and beyond? What are the goals you have set out for yourself?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:40 PM ET ) I don't set goals like that, ranking goals. I just try to set a very simple goal every year. I just want to improve as much as I can. So far I've been doing that on tour and hopefully I can continue to.

Kat: You're a dashing young man! Do you get lots modeling offers? (I know the WTA women do, but how about the ATP guys?)

SportsNation James Blake: (4:41 PM ET ) I have had a few modeling offers. I've signed with IMG models. But I don't have much time to go into that. I spend more time on my forehands than my looks.

Harris: Boston: Do you wish you finished out your time at Harvard or do you feel happy with your decison coming out early?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:41 PM ET ) I'm very happy with my decision. I can go back at any time. I can only play this level of tennis for a short amount of time. I can learn for the rest of my life. I plan on going back an finishing my degree.

Harris: Boston: What is the one shot that you have hit that you will always remember?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:42 PM ET ) I made a diving volley against Safin on a set point in a tiebreaker that I'll never forget. It was a full outstretched dive.

Blake (Denver): Hey James, what are some realistic goals for you and the Americans for the French? Would you be satisfied making it to the fourth round considering most of the U.S. men are lucky to win just one match usually?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:43 PM ET ) I think it depends on the draw. There are some great clay court players that could be lurking in the draw. Andy and I are playing well right now. Hopefully we can all have some success this year.

Robert Ofenloch (Andover, NH): Is there any place you would like to play a tournament in which isn't already on the ATP calendar?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:44 PM ET ) I would say Tampa, Fla. I'm bit of a homebody. I really like being home. There's already one in New Haven, Ct near my home in Fairfield, One in Tampa would be ideal for me.

Blake (Denver): Hey James, what would be the ideal length of the tennis season?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:45 PM ET ) I think if it ended in Sept. right after the U.S. Open, that would be ideal, to give us a real offseason of three months.

Paul NY: James when will we see you playing with your new prince racket? Has it been a hard adjustment for you to try a new stick in practice?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:46 PM ET ) I'm hopeful that you'll see me playing with the new racket this summer. It's been difficult to adjust, but it's been exciting in working with Prince in designing my new racket.

Melissa (LA): Hey James, do you and Mardy have any plans to play doubles together more regularly?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:47 PM ET ) Yeah, we both enjoy playing together. But Mardy right now has to get his ranking back up after his wrist injury. Once that happens, I think we're going to play doubles whenever we get a chance.

FT, Washington, DC: James, I noticed you are slated to play in Newport--is that so your local fans in Conn can check you out?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:48 PM ET ) Yeah, I've enjoyed playing that tournament at the hall of fame, there's a lot of history. This year, I'm not sure if I can get there, due to my schedule. I feel like I should try to play the tournaments in New England when I get a chance.

Kelvin (Columbus GA): Any future goals after tennis?

SportsNation James Blake: (4:48 PM ET ) Well, I would like to finish my degree at Harvard. Then, I'm not sure. I don't know if I want to stay in tennis or get out in the business world.

SportsNation James Blake: (4:49 PM ET ) Thanks to all my fans. I appreciate all the support. Come out and support the ATP.

Old 05-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #190
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

I so like this guy; so refreshing. And his honesty Oh yeah he wants to finish his degree. Hope he does so, since not many do.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #191
country flag Deboogle!.

Yeah, he's said many times he hopes to go back and finish. Hope he does it, that'd be very cool

Several of those are my questions, I use different names and locations

Old 05-03-2006, 12:58 AM   #192
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
Yeah, he's said many times he hopes to go back and finish. Hope he does it, that'd be very cool

Several of those are my questions, I use different names and locations
OMG Q was right you are a badass Good for you!!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #193
country flag Deboogle!.

I am not a badass

Old 05-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #194
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Oh I meant that in the nicest way you I thought it was funny that you got so many questions in. Sort of like stuffing the ballot box. I can't win for losing I still like James though
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #195
country flag Deboogle!.

I know I'm just playing with you

Hey some people who used the same name got multiple questions in, too! I think i only got 3