James News! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2005, 01:14 AM   #136
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

That article at AR.com was taken from this magazine - just a few months ago. Maybe "Mom's the Word" is a regular or semi-regular column in Tennis Life

Anyway, Prince officially announced James's deal today
====================
Blake Signs as Newest Member of Team Prince and Inks Long-Term Endorsement
Deal to Develop and Launch New Racquet

BORDENTOWN, N.J., Dec. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Prince Tennis announced today
that James Blake, whose personal and professional comeback in 2005 gripped the
tennis world, has joined Prince's Touring Professional Team with a global,
multi-faceted seven-year deal. The partnership involves Blake's collaboration
with Prince's research and development experts to develop a racquet featuring
O Technology that Blake will use on tour. This new racquet will launch in
2006 as part of Prince's best selling line of O3 Racquets.
When asked about Blake, Prince Sports' CEO, George Napier, said, "We are
privileged and proud that James chose Prince to be his brand of equipment. He
embodies the values our Team believes in and lives every day -- integrity,
respect, persistence, passion, and fearlessness. These characteristics were
evident as his hero's journey unfolded over the past year or so."
Blake was characteristically articulate when asked why he chose Prince
from the many endorsement opportunities offered to him. "Everyone I met at
Prince made me feel welcome. Relationships are important to me and this one
just feels right. Also, the deal we developed is more than just a racquet
endorsement. Prince is tapping my knowledge to help with product design, as
well as some cool marketing initiatives focused on junior development. They
are also enthusiastically supporting various charitable organizations that are
important to me. And the equipment, O Technology is special and something I
believe can help raise my game. The newest O3 we're going to launch later this
year will be really sweet."
Napier continued, "I've been fortunate to get to know many professional
athletes over the past 25 years in the sporting goods business, and this guy
is, without a doubt, a remarkable person, in addition to his 'way past
ordinary' athletic talents. James is going to be a huge part of our family
and brand."

About James Blake
This past U.S. Open marked Blake's fifth tournament appearance. In a
series of memorable matches, he defied the critics and advanced to the
quarterfinal round of the Open. His progress was even more amazing when you
consider that just over a year ago, Blake wasn't sure he'd ever play tennis
again. On May 6th of 2004, Blake broke his neck while practicing at a
tournament in Rome. In May, he developed shingles, and in July lost his
father to cancer. He came to the US Open ranked No. 49 and staged a
remarkable comeback, defeating 2nd seed Rafael Nadal to achieve his best Grand
Slam effort and reach the quarterfinals. He was later defeated in the
quarterfinals by Andre Agassi in a fifth-set tiebreak.
Blake's signature stroke is his down-the-line winners from nearly
impossible positions achieved by his "monster forehand." He is also known for
his extreme agility and masterful ability to cover the court.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...

Last edited by Deboogle!. : 12-16-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 AM   #137
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Also, here is his provisional 2006 schedule
http://www.jamesblaketennis.com/jb%2...s_schedule.htm

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 12-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #138

Deb I don't know how you can come up with all the good articles on so many of the players? I'm glad James is getting a good deal plus he gets to develope his own racket
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:05 AM   #139
country flag Deboogle!.

It's really quite easy

Old 12-17-2005, 03:19 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
It's really quite easy
It must be for you because usually when there is an article
the post has your name on it
Old 12-17-2005, 03:25 AM   #141
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

well you can always set up google alerts... I'm too lazy so I just come here where I know other people will post the articles

Start here Mae: www.janmiketennis.com/links.html (I'll be updating this page in a few weeks)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:41 AM   #142
country flag Deboogle!.

Jeez Fee, way to give away all the secrets

Old 12-17-2005, 03:45 AM   #143
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I didn't know that you had bookmarked my links page!

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 AM   #144
country flag Deboogle!.

Actually I'd never seen it before

Old 12-18-2005, 02:43 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
well you can always set up google alerts... I'm too lazy so I just come here where I know other people will post the articles

Start here Mae: www.janmiketennis.com/links.html (I'll be updating this page in a few weeks)
Thanks for the link Fee. And here I thought maybe Deb had a staff of researchers working for her? LOL I don't think there are any secrets here on the MTF
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 AM   #146
country flag Fee

No, Deb doesn't have a staff of researchers. Just a wicked set of tennis related bookmarks and Google (I guess she doesn't use my links page after all).

Old 12-18-2005, 03:47 AM   #147

I think I'll just stick to the idea of Deb having researchers work for her. It's more fun that way
Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #148
country flag Deboogle!.

Grand outlook

BY MICHAEL OBERNAUER
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
Tuesday, December 27th, 2005

James Blake, you'd have to say, is one of those supreme optimists, an obsessively positive person. After all, how many people can find the silver lining in a broken neck?

"When I broke my neck, I thought it would give me a great opportunity to spend some time at home with my father," Blake said yesterday.

He was referring to the injury he suffered in May 2004, when the tennis player fractured vertebrae in his neck by slipping head-first into a net post - merely the first in a series of professional setbacks and personal tragedy. The injury gave him just two months with his father, Tom, who died of cancer in July. Then, soon after, Blake awoke one morning to find the left side of his face paralyzed, a result (temporary, it turned out) of a case of shingles. It was enough to make anyone feel all empty. Somehow, Blake's glass remained half full.

"The good part was, it made me hungrier," Blake said.

The No. 25 player in the world was in midtown Manhattan yesterday to talk - and rally - with a group of youngsters from the Harlem Junior Tennis Program. Blake - who was born in Yonkers and is one of HJTP's favorite sons - returns regularly to the program that gave him his earliest start in tennis. But this year, three weeks before the start of the Australian Open, something has been returned to him: a palpable excitement about what lies ahead.

"I'm very encouraged that I played so well at the end of the year - I know I can play at that level," said Blake, who was ranked as low as 210th in April before his win in New Haven, runnerup finish in Washington and captivating run to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open. "I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to get that back after the injury last year, and the sickness. To know I can get back to that level has given me a great deal of confidence."

"His demeanor changed a lot ... and what happened off the court had a huge impact on that," said Patrick McEnroe, the American Davis Cup captain who was on hand yesterday at Manhattan Plaza to trade groundstrokes with the kids. "It gave him a perspective of, 'Look, things are going to go wrong at times.' ... He's playing with much more of a calmness about him."

Blake turns 27 tomorrow, then leaves on Thursday for his Aussie Open tuneup in Adelaide. He's never been ranked higher than 22nd in his career, so he won't be among the favorites when the year's first Grand Slam opens on Jan. 16. Still - as Blake would insist on having it - the outlook once again is bright.

"He's got some real momentum now," McEnroe said. "Now it's just a question of how good he can be."

Said Blake: "I also know if I keep this roll going that I do have this ability, and I can keep playing this well. Then there's nothing I'd be surprised at."

Old 12-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #149

Thanks Deb another great article posted about James I honestly don't see how James has stayed so positive with all he has had happen to him, but I'm glad he has been able to continue to be positive And I think even better things are going to start coming his way in 2006
Old 12-29-2005, 01:17 AM   #150
country flag Deboogle!.

Because he's truly special