OK so Mardy IS playing Rome - now he needs to win a match! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #31
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mardy's not playing Rome - he's playing Tunica Challenger instead.

It was ridiculous what Massu was able to get away with in that final; it's not as though he doesn't take his time between points anyway even when he's 100%, but in that match he was sitting down on the line judge's chair after virtually every point and not being picked up on it by the umpire. There is no doubt, though, that Fish's brain became severely scrambled when faced with a fatigued opponent.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 09:57 PM   #32
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

oh, Massu was definitely exhausted and injured in that match and Mardy definitely let it affect him. He even said up to PMac at one point "he's tired" or something, I remember. It was a joke. I'm sure it affected Mardy for a long time but it's long enough now that this should not be an issue affecting him anymore. that's my opinion. Whether it IS still bothering him, only he knows, but I don't think it SHOULD be.

As for being mentally affected by injured players, Mardy's not the only one. It tends to BADLY affect Andy, too. But he can recover himself before it's too late, and Mardy seems to not be able to. I just can't count the times Mardy has been up in sets and games and tiebreaks, only to lose them, and the match.

Sigh.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #33
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
that's funny that the thing I posted from tennis-x is word-for-word the same thing as at TR.net - I wonder who ripped whom off?
Considering that Tennis-X credited TR.net when quoting from it--a day & half after it first appeared there--it's safe to say that TR.net is the primary source:
http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2005-04-29/d.php

Last edited by smucav : 04-30-2005 at 12:06 AM.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #34
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see a problem, other than the surface is completely different from the slow red clay. Mardy really needs confidence, and another second round loss won't help. /optimism

MARDY FISH, you better win this Challenger. If you DON'T, then, well.. you suck.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:59 AM   #35
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Jen, it's just the "in theory" problem... I mean giving up entry into a MASTERS tourney to play a CHALLENGER??? It just seems.... stupid. Plus it's just the same thing of the US guys being afraid to go over there. they hide out in the US and play more favorable events as much as they can. He needs top play Rome. End.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-30-2005, 01:10 AM   #36
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

But he would just lose early again. He NEEDS a few match wins, and he won't get them in big events till he gets that confidence.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:11 AM   #37
country flag Deboogle!.

What happens if he loses early in a challenger where he's the highest-ranked player by almost 50 spots?

Old 04-30-2005, 01:19 AM   #38
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

then we can officially panic debs!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #39
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh, Massu was definitely exhausted and injured in that match and Mardy definitely let it affect him. He even said up to PMac at one point "he's tired" or something, I remember. It was a joke. I'm sure it affected Mardy for a long time but it's long enough now that this should not be an issue affecting him anymore. that's my opinion. Whether it IS still bothering him, only he knows, but I don't think it SHOULD be.

As for being mentally affected by injured players, Mardy's not the only one. It tends to BADLY affect Andy, too. But he can recover himself before it's too late, and Mardy seems to not be able to. I just can't count the times Mardy has been up in sets and games and tiebreaks, only to lose them, and the match.

Sigh.
andy usually only lets it affect him for a game then steam rolls them! every now and then he has glitches but generally he's okay! but mardy just seems to panic.
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 04-30-2005, 02:27 AM   #40
country flag Deboogle!.

Here's the pic from Deuce. This is right before James and Mardy played each other, it's them and their two coaches. You can see an un-thrilled Todd in the background.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deuce.jpg (163.2 KB, 24 views)

Old 04-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #41
country flag Éowyn

Quote:
Here's the pic from Deuce. This is right before James and Mardy played each other, it's them and their two coaches. You can see an un-thrilled Todd in the background.
he looks like a bouncer in that pic haha!
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 04-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #42
country flag annutjuh

annutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond repute

thanks so mutch. I defenetly understand what you meant he really does looks un-thrilled
annutjuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #43
country flag annutjuh

annutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond reputeannutjuh has a reputation beyond repute

the telecom italia masters draw just came out:

Moya,Carlos(7)
Starace, Potitio(WC)

Fish, Mardy
Schuettler, Rainer
annutjuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #44
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

will Mardy ever get a break!!!

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:18 PM   #45
country flag Deboogle!.

Default Re: OK so Mardy IS playing Rome - now he needs to win a match!

You're welcome

It's like battle of the slumping.. Mardy really could beat Schuettler.