Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there" - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #76
country flag Avi14
Thank you Cilic

Avi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And how many RG titles would Nadal have if it was played on indoor HC/carpet?
Why not play the whole season on Indoor HC?

GSMNadal was responding to a user who was generalizing that Nadal cannot win against sustained opposition in a short period of time and that's why he hasn't won WTF.GSMnadal was simply responding to him saying that Rafa hasn't won WTF because of the surface and not due to sustained opposition.

He was simply saying that he can win against sustained opposition on any surface bar Indoor HC.He wasn't complaining that WTF is being played on Indoor HC like you have assumed.
Avi14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #77
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis fan: hi Federer and Nadal! I have tennis rackets and balls, do you want to play?

Federer: where?

Tennis fan: here there are many tennis courts, I would love to see you guys hit some balls

Federer: oh there's no roof?

Tennis fan: a roof? Why it's a beautiful day, this is a summer sport, why a roof?

Federer: i won't play Rafa without a roof, can you build one?

Tennis fan: ???

Rafa:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by nadalfan2013 : 10-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.
nadalfan2013 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #78
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Tennis fan: hi Federer and Nadal! I have tennis rackets and balls, do you want to play?

Tennis fan: here there are many tennis courts, I would love to see you guys hit some balls

Tennis fan: a roof? Why it's a beautiful day, this is a summer sport, why a roof?

Federer: you know, when you are playing Rafa, till he is done with butt picks, time violations and fake injury time outs it will be dark alerady, in worst scenario it mighty start new seasonal period and start to snow, you know i have kids and they will be asking my wife why daddy is growing a beard and losing hair on TV

Rafa:
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #79
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post

Federer: you know, when you are playing Rafa, till he is done with butt picks, time violations and fake injury time outs it will be dark alerady, in worst scenario it mighty start new seasonal period and start to snow, you know i have kids and they will be asking my wife why daddy is growing a beard and losing hair on TV

Rafa:
Try to be original instead of copying my idea. And the only question Fed's kids will be asking is "why is daddy crying?"

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
nadalfan2013 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #80
country flag twoflower

twoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond reputetwoflower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post

Federer: i won't play Rafa without a roof, can you build one?

Rafa:
In November, in England
twoflower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #81
country flag indianabones

indianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflower View Post
In November, in England
Had to laugh, brilliant reply.
indianabones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #82
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
Nadal fans need to come out of their silly little worlds. 1500 points potentially is a lot and if Nadal were to get them I don't for a moment think any of the Nadal fans would shoo it off as a meaningless event.

Nadal hasn't been able to win it, be it the surface or the indoor conditions, if he can't play on the most common surface in the sport and indoors which the crowd really enjoy, maybe he should stick to his 250 and 500 events in south america on outdoor clay.
be
The WTF is a proper event, always well organised, brilliant structure and a fitting way to end the season.
I think you'll find only a few of the more zealous Rafatards consider it "meaningless". My point was that Nadal himself hasn't always prioritized the event, he's only played it 5 times and has gotten to two semis and a final losing to IndoorGOAT Fed each time, so hardly the awful record some would have you believe.

Crowds may love it Indoors, don't know either way on that one, but the Indoor season is a relatively minor part of the year, not the "most common" at all. Personally I consider tennis an outdoor sport so my interest tends to waver during this part of the year but I did like WTF a lot back when it shuffled between different cities and had BO5 finals. The one between Hewitt and JCF was particularly good from memory.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #83
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And how many RG titles would Nadal have if it was played on indoor HC/carpet?

This thread is about Federer.
How many times would he have won RG if not for Nadal's injury? Yeah, you got: Big FAT ZERO!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #84
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
This thread is about Federer.
How many times would he have won RG if not for Nadal's injury? Yeah, you got: Big FAT ZERO!

what injury? stop talking bs matt.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #85
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
what injury? stop talking bs matt.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #86
country flag Golden Era

Golden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan4Life View Post
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...r-Preview.aspx

What do you make of this? Does Fed think the WTF is bigger than the slams even? Is this a dig at Nadal? What is this?

Discuss.
I still think the Olympics are bigger than WTF, no?
Golden Era is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #87
country flag Golden Era

Golden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Era has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan4Life View Post
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...r-Preview.aspx

What do you make of this? Does Fed think the WTF is bigger than the slams even? Is this a dig at Nadal? What is this?

Discuss.
it's not a dig at Nadal. Fed and Nadal are great friends off court
Golden Era is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #88
country flag indianabones

indianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Era View Post
it's not a dig at Nadal. Fed and Nadal are great friends off court
Total and utter rubbish. I don't think Fed and Nadal would think twice about this so called "friendship" if it weren't for the media and idiotic people who want to see them as mates.

As Murray said recently, in order to succeed at the highest level, you can't remain friends with your greatest rivals.
indianabones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #89
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
Total and utter rubbish. I don't think Fed and Nadal would think twice about this so called "friendship" if it weren't for the media and idiotic people who want to see them as mates.

As Murray said recently, in order to succeed at the highest level, you can't remain friends with your greatest rivals.

Nadal and Federer at this point of their careers aren't even rivals.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #90
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

They're friendLY, wouldn't go as far as saying friends though. Have they ever hung out in a non tennis environment (not including plane rides between tournaments)?