Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there" - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #61
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
I can understand grass cant be done indoors but why cant they make indoor clay?

Even Beijing , Nadal said that the ball was hardly spinning... all indoor courts like that should employ slower balls for balance... or clay like surface.

who wants to see a boring match like Beijing Finals , some spin would have allowed Nadal to show his skils.. right now it was simply one dimensional skillless service play
Indoor clay is possible, on WTA one of the best tournaments - Stuttgart is played on indoor clay. Better question would be why indoor clay? WTA Stuttgart is played during the clay season WTF is not. The asian tournaments are played on hard (Tokyo and Shanghai could be indoor if it rains) and then you have 3 weeks consisting 6 tournaments on indoor hard. WTF on indoor hard makes a lot of sense and that's how it was since it was introduced in 1970 with very few exceptions.

Indoor clay is something different anyway. Unless it's very slow I don't think Nadal would be so dominant especially in best of 3. As I said literally every single all time great won it at least one time and it wasn't played on surfaces tailored for them.
chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 AM   #62
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
The fact you can lose a match and still progress is ridiculous. With the exception of the unique Novak Djokovic, most players are exhausted after a long season and don't/can't play to their maximum. It's just a glorified exhibition that gives the ATP one last chance to fleece the punters before the holidays.

The Olympics laugh at how shit the WTF is.
what a retarded posting
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #63
country flag Aristotle

Aristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond reputeAristotle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Roger doesn't think the WTF is bigger than a slam. No one here believes he does either. I don't think it's directed to Nadal either, more like, the usual "I'm such a nice guy" talk in which players always say the next big tournament is absolutely special and the best. Nadal does it a lot too, he has like, 14 favorite tournaments, from his winning speeches.
This. Nothing provocative from Fed's side. Just normal talk.
Aristotle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 AM   #64
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Lol what do people expect from an interview on ATP website talking about ATP's biggest event?

Anyway Fed has always considered the WTF a major event, even when he was winning multiple slams in a year. Nothing wrong with that I think.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #65
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi13 View Post
What?

Rafa's lack of success at the WTF is due to it being played on his worst surface.He's more than capable of beating sustained quality opponents in a short period of time on any other surface bar Indoor HC.
Not to mention Nadal has often been involved in Davis Cup finals the week following which he seems to care more about (eg. skipping WTF in 2008 to be fit for DC).

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of Federer's very favourite tournaments, but it's hard to take everything the players say about such matters to heart, if you did you'd have to believe that Nadal has about 15 different "favourite tournaments".
Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #66
country flag indianabones

indianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa_maniac View Post
Not to mention Nadal has often been involved in Davis Cup finals the week following which he seems to care more about (eg. skipping WTF in 2008 to be fit for DC).

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of Federer's very favourite tournaments, but it's hard to take everything the players say about such matters to heart, if you did you'd have to believe that Nadal has about 15 different "favourite tournaments".
Nadal fans need to come out of their silly little worlds. 1500 points potentially is a lot and if Nadal were to get them I don't for a moment think any of the Nadal fans would shoo it off as a meaningless event.

Nadal hasn't been able to win it, be it the surface or the indoor conditions, if he can't play on the most common surface in the sport and indoors which the crowd really enjoy, maybe he should stick to his 250 and 500 events in south america on outdoor clay.

The WTF is a proper event, always well organised, brilliant structure and a fitting way to end the season.
indianabones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #67
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
Nadal fans need to come out of their silly little worlds. 1500 points potentially is a lot and if Nadal were to get them I don't for a moment think any of the Nadal fans would shoo it off as a meaningless event.

Nadal hasn't been able to win it, be it the surface or the indoor conditions, if he can't play on the most common surface in the sport and indoors which the crowd really enjoy, maybe he should stick to his 250 and 500 events in south america on outdoor clay.

The WTF is a proper event, always well organised, brilliant structure and a fitting way to end the season.
Rafa has won a Masters 1000 on indoor and also reached the final of WTF. So let's not pretend that he'd never had any success indoors. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

nadalfan2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
country flag indianabones

indianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond reputeindianabones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Rafa has won a Masters 1000 on indoor and also reached the final of WTF. So let's not pretend that he'd never had any success indoors. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

I'll take yoru word on the facts as I haven't researched myself. But one indoor masters when he has over 20 in total and one final in WTF tennis is pathetic given the claim of his fans like you as being "GOAT".
indianabones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #69

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
I'll take yoru word on the facts as I haven't researched myself. But one indoor masters when he has over 20 in total and one final in WTF tennis is pathetic given the claim of his fans like you as being "GOAT".
Indoors isn't a surface, and there's barely anything played on it. The 3 surfaces are hardcourt, grass and clay and Nadal has proven his diversity. My point was to show you that despite not playing too many indoor tournaments he still won and had many finals. Stop being a hater.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #70

And btw indoor tennis is for sissies. It's not real tennis. Nadal is a real man, he plays in wind, in the sun, that's how tennis was ment to be. Indoor tennis is for babies who want perfect conditions and who just have no talent. It's basically a place to practice when it's raining in order to be ready to play real outdoor tennis.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #71
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

dulltard2013 is now full throttle
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #72
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

They should give Nole a Bye instead of taking up space in TV!!

ROGER FEDERER 17 GS 7-5-4-1
henke007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #73
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Indoors, yes.

Had this tournament been on outdoor hardcourt, grass or clay and Nadal definitely would be able to have won it, several times even. Nadal has the 2nd best record vs. top 10 players of all time, only short of Borg's record. Federer is 4th.
And how many RG titles would Nadal have if it was played on indoor HC/carpet?

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
And how many RG titles would Nadal have if it was played on indoor HC/carpet?
Lol! Fedtards are really getting desperate! What next, talking about indoor golf or indoor soccer? Tennis historically is an outdoor sport, stop living in la-la land.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #75
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

pigfan2013 is the most obvious DA ever, looks like topspindoctor to me
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote