Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there" - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

ehhhh for many obvious reasons the WTF is not nearly hard competed or as challenging to win in comparison to Grand Slams. just because it has 8 of the players that were the best OVER THE COURSE of the year doesn't make it THAT high quality. the beauty of a Grand Slam is that there are so many players involved in it that you have whomever is in the best form and state of mind during those few weeks making it to the end rounds and being a challenge to beat. the pool of in form and quality candidates to face is much higher and much less predictable
just too few players at WTF for anyone to take it seriously as far as being more valuable or important than slams.
that said, obviously the WTF is second and very important

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #32
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Awesome title to ignite the tardwars.

The players are the best of the best, not the tournament
This.

/thread
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

6>>>0
Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #34
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

He's right.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

World #2 at 33 years. Davis Cup winner while injured.

UNDISPUTED G.O.A.T.
Joey Tribbiani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Awesome title to ignite the tardwars.

The players are the best of the best, not the tournament
This. Nothing to see here, move along.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray won this year Wimbledon without playing top 20 player to the Final. Hadal won US Open this year without playing top 10 player to final . So you can win a GS with out playing top ten player
to final but at WTF you do not have this luck
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #37
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

these days WTF is only place protected from overachievers, that's what makes this tournament special and secure from nadal's win . funny thing is how most of nadal tards pretending like it is unimportant tournament but if nadal wins it they would be celebrating it like golden slam
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #38
country flag Agassi's Dealer

Agassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond reputeAgassi's Dealer has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing wrong with this opinion, nor do I consider it a dig at Rafa.

The WTF is a terrific tournament. If you ask a new-to-tennis sports fan which is the tennis event they most want to watch, many would absolutely choose the one that features the top 8 players in a round-robin, with the top 4 advancing to a tournament. At the very least, it will feel very familiar to football and FIBA fans.

Roger is allowed to think the WTF is the best tournament or his favorite tournament while knowing that it is less valuable than slams. The Mona Lisa is the most valuable painting but many people have something else in mind for their best/favorite painting.
Agassi's Dealer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #39
country flag Moonball Pusher
Banned!

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
these days WTF is only place protected from overachievers, that's what makes this tournament special and secure from nadal's win . funny thing is how most of nadal tards pretending like it is unimportant tournament but if nadal wins it they would be celebrating it like golden slam
Dull fans now: "Unimportant tournament, stupid setup, doesn't count it's not clay"

Dull fans if he wins (through luck and others choking): "Rafito has added another glorious title to his resume! This is right up there with his Wimbledon win! Further cements his GOAT status!"
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #40
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

The only way something can have no consequences is if it has no effect. The only way something can have no effect is if it doesn't exist. It's completely paradoxical, therefore, to claim that something can exist and simultaneously have no effect.

People are not "free" to express an opinion. Instead, if they choose to express anything, they choose to pay the price. The price is the effect on others and the effect on the person. There is no free lunch in this world.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

It is a tough tournament to win because there are no byes and easy opponents other that live-tweeting birdshit

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #42
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agassi's Dealer View Post
There is nothing wrong with this opinion, nor do I consider it a dig at Rafa.

The WTF is a terrific tournament. If you ask a new-to-tennis sports fan which is the tennis event they most want to watch, many would absolutely choose the one that features the top 8 players in a round-robin, with the top 4 advancing to a tournament. At the very least, it will feel very familiar to football and FIBA fans.

Roger is allowed to think the WTF is the best tournament or his favorite tournament while knowing that it is less valuable than slams. The Mona Lisa is the most valuable painting but many people have something else in mind for their best/favorite painting.
I don't think Federer goes for gimmicks to get people in the seats, so I doubt that this is part of his reasoning for liking the WTF. That Tiriac wanted a round robin system in Madrid is a pretty good sign that it's a format that should be avoided like the plague.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

It is a "best of the best" tournament. Not sure why there's any controversy here.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #44
country flag TennisFan4Life
Banned!

TennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
It is a "best of the best" tournament. Not sure why there's any controversy here.
TennisFan4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #45
country flag SerialKillerToBe

SerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Federer here. You have to beat 5 of the top 8 players in the world, and in best of 3 so it becomes more about tennis skill than endurance. It's the most difficult tournament to win, definitely.
SerialKillerToBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote