Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there" - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
country flag TennisFan4Life
Banned!

TennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan4Life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
Some other quotes you need to dig out in order to initiate a tard war?
Don't know what you mean. I thought it was an interesting quote. Is it my fault if tards want to war over it?
TennisFan4Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #17
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "I consider it(WTF) the absolute best of the best tournament out there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Top 8 players, etc.

Doubt it's a dig at Nadull, although it would be funny because Dull can't win it.
He'll win it this year.

79 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 21 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
country flag Bazooka

Bazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond reputeBazooka has a reputation beyond repute

Roger doesn't think the WTF is bigger than a slam. No one here believes he does either. I don't think it's directed to Nadal either, more like, the usual "I'm such a nice guy" talk in which players always say the next big tournament is absolutely special and the best. Nadal does it a lot too, he has like, 14 favorite tournaments, from his winning speeches.
Quote:
The inhabitants of the Balearic Islands are said to have been the inventors of slings, and to have managed them with surprising dexterity, owing to the manner of bringing up their children. The children were not allowed to have their food by their mothers till they had first struck it with their sling.
~Vegetius, De Re Militari, late 4th century
Nadal: the last Balearic Slinger, the ultimate product of natural selection. Feel the weight of the centuries in the Topspin from Hell!
Bazooka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
Some other quotes you need to dig out in order to initiate a tard war?
If one wanted to ignite a tard war one could probably get away with just making quotes up.
unfortunately due to declining testosterone in men nowadays most men can't rock the short hair/bald look. So they have to go for the pretty boy homo long hair look or those faggy flicked up hairstyles which get on my nerves:

As an aside, Grioud looks masculine as fuck, but his hairstyle pisses me off, this hairstyle is emulated a lot amongst the men of ages 18-25 and it's just embarassing .

Only asexual hipsters or immature teenage girls are attarcted to guys with those homo hairstyles or long hair.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

WTF actually IS the most "elite" tournament out there ranking wise (winning a slam is bigger though), but most of all Fed is just trying to make it a nice interview here. Tards will make a big deal out of nothing as per usual.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #21
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Indoors, yes.

Had this tournament been on outdoor hardcourt, grass or clay and Nadal definitely would be able to have won it, several times even. Nadal has the 2nd best record vs. top 10 players of all time, only short of Borg's record. Federer is 4th.

Indoor conditions are in a way perfect conditions for tennis. No sun, no wind etc. In November traditionally tennis is played indoors on hard surface. At least in Europe and most of North America which are the most obvious and deserving destinations given the history.

It's nobody's fault Nadal couldn't win it so far. Lately the surface is not that fast. Wanna see a fast indoor court? Check 90's Hannover WTF. And I'm sure he would prefer the current surface over grass for WTF. Grass and clay aren't really options for WTF. Or you mean indoor grass?
chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #22
country flag Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond reputeImperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till Nadal wins it this year.
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt-Ferrero was a great five-set final. There was no reason to revert it to BO3.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi13 View Post
What?

Rafa's lack of success at the WTF is due to it being played on his worst surface.He's more than capable of beating sustained quality opponents in a short period of time on any other surface bar Indoor HC.
Except Nadal every single all time great has at least a WTF title in their resume.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #25
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili View Post
Except Nadal every single all time great has at least a WTF title in their resume.
Wilander doesn't.
unfortunately due to declining testosterone in men nowadays most men can't rock the short hair/bald look. So they have to go for the pretty boy homo long hair look or those faggy flicked up hairstyles which get on my nerves:

As an aside, Grioud looks masculine as fuck, but his hairstyle pisses me off, this hairstyle is emulated a lot amongst the men of ages 18-25 and it's just embarassing .

Only asexual hipsters or immature teenage girls are attarcted to guys with those homo hairstyles or long hair.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
country flag Nolesaurus

Nolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond reputeNolesaurus has a reputation beyond repute

it's a stupid tournament that you can lose and still win and it is the last tournament so it's more like a leftover
Nolesaurus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
country flag Avi14
14 Slams,no?

Avi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili View Post
It surely is a blot in Rafa's resume.Who knows,he might manage to win a WTF title before he retires.

Pete never won RG and is still considered among the tier 1 greats

Slam >>> WTF
Old 10-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Putting the final as best of 3 has diminished the value, imo, in recent seasons, but it is still the #5 event of the tennis season.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #29
country flag chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi13 View Post
It surely is a blot in Rafa's career.Who knows,he might manage to win a WTF title before he retires.

Pete never won RG and is still considered among the tier 1 greats
Nadal is a tier 1 goat too but every other all time great managed to win alt least one, the very best more than one.

Sampras wasn't good enough to win a RG and Rafa wasn't good enough to win an indoor WTF so far. These are facts that reflect some weaknesses. To me it doesn't sound right to use "Nadal has no WTF because it is played indoor" as an excuse. It's not a recent thing, except for 2 years in Houston and 1 time on Australian grass WTF was indoor as far as i know.

Last edited by chili : 10-08-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #30
country flag Beret

Beret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond reputeBeret has a reputation beyond repute

And why not! Top 8 players from all across the world participate in WTF after an arduous year; as already complained by some players. Survival of the fittest theory is perfectly justifiable for the winner of WTF.