Orlando Luz - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 AM   #61
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando Luz

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 03:55 AM   #62
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Old 03-31-2014, 04:02 AM   #63
country flag Ace20

Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 AM   #64
country flag Ace20

Old 03-31-2014, 04:22 AM   #65
country flag Ace20

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 AM   #66
country flag Ace20

Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #67
country flag Ace20

Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 AM   #68
country flag Kalypso

Kalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice pics!

They broadcasted the final on TV here in Brazil. Pretty sure some friend of Orlando recorded and will upload to youtube soon. If that happens I will post it here. For now I found only the last points of each set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrh5xy9HO00
Kalypso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #69
country flag Ace20

Luz and Teichmann win Porto Alegre titles

Quote:
The home crowd cheered Brazilian native Orlando Luz throughout the one hour, 20 minute boys singles final of the Grade A Campeonato Internacional Juvenil de Tenis de Porto Alegre.
The strategy worked — the sixth seed Luz became the 2014 champion with a 64 62 win over ninth-seeded Clement Geens of Belgium.
It certainly didn’t hurt that the 16-year-old Luz is from nearby Carazinho, part of the Rio Grande do Sul state in which Porto Alegre is also located.
“The score does not reflect how hard the match really was,’ Luz admitted. “Geens is a great player and has a style very different from my own. His game is slower, but he moves really fast, he was on to every ball I played. At times this was a bit hard for me to face.”
Luz has definitely been the big winner on the recent South American junior circuit. He came to the Porto Alegre tournament having won the previous two titles at the Asuncion Bowl in Paraguay and the Banana Bowl in São José dos Campos.
Luz is the first Brazilian since Lucas Engel in 1999 to win the Campeonato Internacional Juvenil de Tenis de Porto Alegre.
Luz, who had many friends and family from Carazinho watching him play the final, had this to say of his three weeks of success: “I come from two straight titles, this is the third one, but nothing beats winning on my grounds.”
Geens, who turned 18 on March 11, was hoping to win his first Grade A junior title, but he only had admiration for the way Luz scored his third consecutive title.
“I can only compliment Orlando on his great winning streak,” Geens said. “He’s had an amazing three weeks and really deserves to win here before his crowd.”
Luz’s female counterpart turned out to be 13th-seeded Jil Belen Teichmann of Switzerland. The 16-year-old Teichmann earned a very hard fought 36 64 76 (10) win over 14th-seeded Aliona Bolsova Zadoinov of Spain.
The match took a long two hours, 50 minutes to conclude and both players understood that their final encounter could have gone either way. Neither player had hard feelings towards the other following the match, hugging at the net with appreciation for the fight they both displayed.
As it turns out, both Teichmann and Zadoinov have ties to Spain and are close friends.
Teichmann was born in Barcelona, but moved to Switzerland with her family when she was 10. Zadoinov was born in Moldova but moved to Barcelona after her parents competed in the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games and fell in love with the city.
From the time they were both nine years old, they started traveling around the Spanish junior tournaments together.
For Teichmann, the win marks her first ever international title and she was overjoyed to be a champion.
“I have no words," Teichmann said. “I don’t know what to say, this is my first time winning a title.”
Teichmann was happy that her coach, Kai Stenterbach, was there to see her first win: “He is always there for me, always supporting me and helping me, I am so grateful.”
For both players the match required patience and persistence as there were many long rallies. Teichmann started to turn things in her favor when she broke serve in the first game of the second set.
But be assured, Bolsova Zadoinov never surrendered. She overcame Teichmann serving twice for the match in the third set to force the tie-break. Both players had match points before Teichmann took advantage of her fourth opportunity to win the match, sealing the victory in style with an ace.
And how did Teichmann celebrate her victory? She laid down on the clay court.
“It was a very intense week and this tournament will always be very special to me for being my first title,” Teichmann said, “I am so, so, so happy.”

Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #70
country flag Felixavier10

Felixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond reputeFelixavier10 has a reputation beyond repute

La Paz GB1

R16 Orlando Luz BRA 16y 1m - Franco Capalbo ARG 16y 3m

1-6, 6-2, 7-6(4)
Felixavier10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #71
country flag Ace20

Torneo Sudamericano Individual ITF Grado B1 Copa La Razón

R1: Orlando LUZ (BRA) [1] BYE
R2: Orlando LUZ (BRA) [1] def Eduardo LOURIDO SANCHEZ (ECU) 2-6 7-6(1) 6-1
R3: Orlando LUZ (BRA) [1] def Franco CAPALBO (ARG) [13] 1-6 6-2 7-6(4)
QF: Orlando LUZ (BRA) [1] def Luis VALERO (COL) [8] Walkover
SF: Juan Jose ROSAS (PER) [4] def Orlando LUZ (BRA) [1] 6-2 7-5

Doubles

R1: Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) [1] BYE
R2: Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) [1] def Fernando GUARDIA (BOL) / Luis Felipe TIRADO MONTANO (BOL) 7-6(4) 6-2
QF: Lautaro PANE (ARG) / Luis VALERO (COL) [5] def Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) [1] 6-2 6-3

Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 AM   #72
country flag Ace20

Tough lost in the SF, it would been nice too see him win another title but he must be fatigue considering all the tennis he been playing lately

Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #73
country flag Kalypso

Kalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond reputeKalypso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace20 View Post
Tough lost in the SF, it would been nice too see him win another title but he must be fatigue considering all the tennis he been playing lately
Yes, but play in such extreme conditions in La Paz (over 3500m) and tired is never easy. Actually he won more than I expected. Ranking 2 today

Now he need some rest and then begin the preparation for Europe.
Kalypso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #74
country flag Ace20

I thought he was going too take an break but decide too play an Pro ITF Event

Brazil F2 Itajai

R1: Daniel DUTRA DA SILVA (BRA) [8] def Orlando LUZ (BRA) 7-5 6-0

Double

R1: Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) def Juan-Pablo AMADO (ARG) / Juan Manuel MATUTE (ARG) 6-3 6-3
QF: Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) def Martin CUEVAS (URU) / Fabricio NEIS (BRA) [1] 2-6 6-0 [10-6]
SF: Daniel DUTRA DA SILVA (BRA) / Caio ZAMPIERI (BRA) [4] def Orlando LUZ (BRA) / Joao MENEZES (BRA) 3-6 6-3 [10-8]

Last edited by Ace20 : 04-20-2014 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #75
country flag Ace20

Played Junior Davis Cup

2014 JDC JFC South America Qualifying

(2) Brazil def Venezuela 3:0

R1: Felipe Alves def Miguel Este 7-6(3) 6-3
R2: Orlando Luz def Salvador Mijares 6-2 6-4
R3: Felipe Alves/Orlando Luz def Miguel Este/Salvador Mijares 6-1 4-6 6-1

(2) Brazil def Ecuador 3:0

R1: Felipe Alves def Carlos Macias 6-3 6-4
R2: Orlando Luz def Camilo Ponce 6-2 6-0
R3: Felipe Alves/Orlando Luz def Carlos Macias/Camilo Ponce 6-3 6-1

(2) Brazil def Bolivia 3:0

R1: Lucas Koelle def Luis Molina 4-6 7-5 6-2
R2: Orlando Luz def Eduardo Paz 6-2 6-1
R3: Felipe Alves/Orlando Luz def Juan Carlos Aguilar/Luis Molina 6-1 6-1

(2) Brazil def (3) Colombia 3:0

R1: Felipe Alves def Juan A. Segura 6-1 6-4
R2: Orlando Luz def Jose F. Carvajal 6-2 6-2
R3: Felipe Alves/Orlando Luz def Jose F. Carvajal/Juan A. Segura 6-1 6-1