2014 Djokovic year, and Year end nr 1 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #46
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2014 Djokovic year, and Year end nr 1

Too early to predict, honestly. We can't say for sure what will happen. I would expect Nadal and Djokovic to be the main contenders, but who knows? It could all change. At this moment in time I don't see anyone but Rafa, Andy or Nole winning a GS in 2014 but we will see.

The tide turns quickly in tennis. Early on, Nadal had the advantage over Nole, he was in his head. Then after several victories in 2011, Nole was in Rafa's head. The pendulum swung the other way recently but now Nole might have more confidence again after winning their last meeting. Who knows?

Last edited by JoWilly : 10-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #47
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Too early to predict, honestly. We can't say for sure what will happen. I would expect Nadal and Djokovic to be the main contenders, but who knows? It could all change. At this moment in time I don't see anyone but Rafa, Andy or Nole winning a GS in 2014 but we will see.

The tide turns quickly in tennis. Early on, Nadal had the advantage over Nole, he was in his head. Then after several victories in 2011, Nole was in Rafa's head. The pendulum swung the other way recently but now Nole might have more confidence again after winning their last meeting. Who knows?
No one knows, the point of this thread is to generate so many responses that eventually someone has to be right by the law of avaerages.

I reckon Djokovic will be number one next year but it's mainly based on him being the most consistent of the top guys, whereas Murray and Nadal struggle on Clay and Grass respectively.
unfortunately due to declining testosterone in men nowadays most men can't rock the short hair/bald look. So they have to go for the pretty boy homo long hair look or those faggy flicked up hairstyles which get on my nerves:

As an aside, Grioud looks masculine as fuck, but his hairstyle pisses me off, this hairstyle is emulated a lot amongst the men of ages 18-25 and it's just embarassing .

Only asexual hipsters or immature teenage girls are attarcted to guys with those homo hairstyles or long hair.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #48
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa_maniac View Post
Doesn't Djokovic have Davis Cup the week after WTF as well? Can't see him going all out in Paris when there's no break before WTF. Him defending Shanghai and WTF looks all too possible though.
Novak is the fittest on tour, NID. And he has no injuries after ditching gluten.
if you watch Rafa and Nole, you will put much more confidence in Novak, Rafa always seems too doubtful, too many things can break for him - serve, backhand, fitness, movement, going in deep defense mode. Novak has only to sort out his mental side which he is completely capable of doing.
if I had to bet my house I would go with Nole, and I am a huge Rafa fan.
Rafa is all set career and record wise, everything from now on is a bonus.
With his HC form this summer he has a legitimate chance for AO2014 but again it all depends on Novak. Rafa should focus primarily on FO2014. he played average tennis this year at the French. The year he loses the French will be the start of his decline, with the current players. Maybe Nole has a real chance for FO2014 but this time it depends on Nadal and the weather. If it is raining Nadal is lost.
ND has a chance for 3 of 4 next year. 4/4 is too much but you never know.
riff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote