Has Djokovic corrected his Game Plan Against Nadal? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #31
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Djokovic corrected his Game Plan Against Nadal?

Natural ebbs and flows, people.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesaurus View Post
The only time that Nole ever loses to him is an accidental give away. Every match that he loses is all about Nole. The difference in talent is really big on every level and the butt picker knows it as well which is obvious.
pretty much this. headovic.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #33
country flag grillinnap

grillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond reputegrillinnap has a reputation beyond repute

It was just a case of Nole having the advantage on this type of court. Rafa has one career post USO title and that was way back when Madrid was still held during the fall. Everyone knows that fall is his weakness. He's still hunting for his first career post-USO title since the ATP went to the 250-500-1000 format. So yes, fall is the time of the year when Fedtards can gloat.

Now tell me why Fedtards shouldn't hate Rafa so much.
grillinnap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

They both know how to beat each other...but they are both fitness gods and tennis machines,so all it boils down to, is who is more clutch that day.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #35
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Uh... no.

Nadal summed it up best himself - Nole played very well and he didn't and unless he plays with full intensity he won't have a chance against Novak. Also, the conditions suited Nole perfectly - the bounce was low and the particular ball not conducive to much spin allowing Nole to hit flat exactly where he wanted. It's a good win for Novak as it stops Nadal's wins against him but it changes nothing much and Nadal certainly won't worry about this match if they meet in the AO final next year. Different kind of pressure and motivation when it's a big title on the line...
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #36
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillinnap View Post
It was just a case of Nole having the advantage on this type of court. Rafa has one career post USO title and that was way back when Madrid was still held during the fall. Everyone knows that fall is his weakness. He's still hunting for his first career post-USO title since the ATP went to the 250-500-1000 format. So yes, fall is the time of the year when Fedtards can gloat.
He won Tokyo in 2010. But that's the only one. So yes, this is his worst part of the season. In that light, making it to the final and losing to the current no.1 is not a bad result.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #37
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Look

In a Fight of a Lion V Hyena. The Lion might think of a greener Pasture but the annoying little Hynae bits him up bit by bit and eventaully force the Lion to Crumble.

But then on an ANother Day, The Lion decides to get rid off the Hynae from the very Beginning. The Lion was Focussed and never allowed the annoying Little Hynae to even touch Him..

I say, The Job Well done by the Lion.

COmments?
Ummmm....what?

But anyway, Djokovic never had to "correct" his gameplan. He will always have the game to beat Nadal. He was just playing like crap throughout the summer. Once he found his form, Nadal is at his mercy.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #38
country flag Ikaros

Ikaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond repute

wow, way to think short term people. We'll see at the AO if Novak has regained the mental strength to beat Nadal.
Ikaros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #39
country flag TennisSavior

TennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
Ummmm....what?

But anyway, Djokovic never had to "correct" his gameplan. He will always have the game to beat Nadal. He was just playing like crap throughout the summer. Once he found his form, Nadal is at his mercy.
Lol what kind of BS is this?

Nada is a better clay court player than Novak. Novak's at Nadal's mercy on clay.
Nadal is a better grass player than Novak. Novak's at Nadal mercy on grass.
Novak HC advantage over Nadal is slim:
(Nadal: 2-1 USO, 0-1 AO, 2-1 WTF, 1-0 Olympics).
However, overall Novak 12-7 on HC.

22-16. All the nonsense you gotta hear these days.

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen

Last edited by TennisSavior : 10-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.
TennisSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #40
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSavior View Post

Nada is a better clay court player than Novak. Novak's at Nadal's mercy on clay.

What evidence do you base this on? Their H2H on grass? Number of titles won? Something else unquantifiable??
Han Solo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #41
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is a tortoise in goat's clothing.

Djokovic is a lemur who occasionally get lost.

Dull is a school of piranas and Tennis is a hapless fisherman who has fallen overboard.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #42
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Change of plan is not necessary no?
Only playing the aggressive and hitting cleanly no?
Only being motivated no?

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #43
country flag TennisSavior

TennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond reputeTennisSavior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
What evidence do you base this on? Their H2H on grass? Number of titles won? Something else unquantifiable??
Results(facts) and peak level of play on grass (somewhat unquantifiable) - based on opposition/match quality(Federer). Really not hard to deduce.

2 Wimby. 5 Wimby Finals.

H2H on Grass: 2-1. Overall results on grass: Nadal>Djoker.

"You seriously think Federer fans like myself are just going to stand by and let trolls call Federer's era "weak" and say that his accomplishments don't mean anything? I suppose you are one of those people?"

- Kyle_Johansen

Last edited by TennisSavior : 10-06-2013 at 11:35 PM.
TennisSavior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSavior View Post

1) I was talking about on hard.
2) Did you SERIOUSLY include the Olympics but not any of the Masters?
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #45
country flag NadalPhan

NadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilly View Post
Exactly. With talented players like Tsonga, Nole and Federer, it is always on their racket against players like Nadal.
Haha, Tsonga wishes he had Rafa's talent.
NadalPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote