I wouldnt mind seeing this.... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #1
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute
Smile I wouldnt mind seeing this....

Like how in Aussie Rules football, on the day of the grand final they hold a 100m sprint involving the fastest players, and in the NBA they have 3pt comps on the All Star weekend, I'd like to see something like this for tennis, maybe just as something that's briefly held prior to one of the grand slam finals, involving any players from the top 100 who nominate themselves to compete for certain events...

Could have a fast serve comp - get the 10 players who have recorded the fastest serves throughout the past year, and see who can achieve the fastest on the day in an elimination type event

Another serving comp could be an accuracy elimination event, having markers they have to hit...if its all a bit easy and nobody is being eliminated, then they could bring pace into the picture, making entrants hit the markers while serving above a certain speed level, and keep increasing it until you have a winner

I suppose you could do similar accuracy/speed comps for backhand, forehand...all sortof like what they have on Topspin

They'd have to find a nearby oval for the sprint though ....that'd be the main one I'd like to see.

On the more unrealistic side of things, it'd also be fun to see which player can best wield their racquet as a weapon. They could take down the net and have 1on1 battle elimination tournament, to see which player can crack skulls with their raquet better than any other. And good news for any semi-oldschoolers, steel racquets = better to crack skulls with.

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I wouldnt mind seeing this....

safin will win
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misyou25
safin will win
as long as it's held at the Aussie Open, then yes, I agree

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

Old 04-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

hehe
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #5
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

This could work ... just round up some guys and throw them in the fanfest/Sharkies Island area!
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:45 PM   #6
country flag BiancaUL

BiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond reputeBiancaUL has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda an almost identical set-up to the NHL skills competition that they used to have every year -- back when they still played hockey in this country. Accuracy, speed, and footwork being like key 'tests'.

It could be fun to see them do it in tennis.
BiancaUL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
country flag joske

joske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond reputejoske has a reputation beyond repute

sounds VERY cool

greets 2 my sweets @ Denaon's Place, The Spa & Roddickland

yes, as a matter of fact I am a fag..
and one who loves to touch homophobes' special area too, so mind your language

A N D Y J C
joske is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
country flag Auscon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaUL
Kinda an almost identical set-up to the NHL skills competition that they used to have every year -- back when they still played hockey in this country. Accuracy, speed, and footwork being like key 'tests'.
Cool, I never knew they had one of those for the NHL

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent