Countdown to Christmas - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2002, 04:49 PM   #1
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Countdown to Christmas

19 days

Last edited by Wojtek : 12-07-2002 at 07:53 AM.
Wojtek is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 05:20 PM   #2
country flag Balaenopteramusculus

Balaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond repute

Should I start thinking about presents for my family?
Balaenopteramusculus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 05:50 PM   #3
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Balaenopteramusculus
Should I start thinking about presents for my family?
Yes
Old 12-06-2002, 06:14 PM   #4
country flag Balaenopteramusculus

Balaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond repute

No.20 days it's almost 3 weeks.I've got a lot of time.
Balaenopteramusculus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 03:32 AM   #5
harry_potter

harry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond repute

and presents for me too of course

so here's my favourite smiley -
harry_potter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 04:36 AM   #6
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

well, here in Mexico the ppl is catholic and like in most latinamerican countries and spain, portugal, etc. "Santa Claus" is not the "men in charge" to provide the presents to the kids. That job is made by the "Santos Reyes" the kings that visited christ some days after his birth, at January 6th (according with the tradition)
so here the christmas is celebrated with a dinner, a mass in any church at midnight and a "posada", a party til the dawn!
as we say in spanish ¡Feliz Navidad!
Jorge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 05:00 AM   #7
dots

dots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond reputedots has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorge
well, here in Mexico the ppl is catholic and like in most latinamerican countries and spain, portugal, etc. "Santa Claus" is not the "men in charge" to provide the presents to the kids. That job is made by the "Santos Reyes" the kings that visited christ some days after his birth, at January 6th (according with the tradition)
so here the christmas is celebrated with a dinner, a mass in any church at midnight and a "posada", a party til the dawn!
as we say in spanish ¡Feliz Navidad!

Really????? Santa has to fit somewhere in there, I'm sure. The Santos Reyes is a tradition that is less popular every year.
dots is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 05:14 AM   #8
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

well dots, Santa is popular in the border and among the high class, but in the rest of my country and in some countries more as Spain, the tradition still, is to wait til january the 6th to receive the gifts provided by the "kings".
I think that maybe the media and propaganda could change a bit this, but as you know we have traditions that have thousands years and they are still running.
So... will be many "happy Santos Reyes day" in the future

Last edited by Jorge : 12-07-2002 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:53 AM   #9
country flag Wojtek

18 days
Old 12-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #10
country flag Laury

Laury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond reputeLaury has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorge
well dots, Santa is popular in the border and among the high class, but in the rest of my country and in some countries more as Spain, the tradition still, is to wait til january the 6th to receive the gifts provided by the "kings".
I think that maybe the media and propaganda could change a bit this, but as you know we have traditions that have thousands years and they are still running.
So... will be many "happy Santos Reyes day" in the future
This is true
The kids wait until January 6th in the morning to recive the gifts, but we use to (ejhem used to) leave grass and water to their camels in January 5th night. And we see in the morning that it has disappear!!!

DAVID NALBANDIAN

Vamos DAVID!!!!!

~*~*~ Talk Tennis Message Board ~*~*~
Laury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #11
country flag Jorge

I remember all the stories about the "Kings", and how they were distributing the presents to the good kids. I remember the stories about how the Camel, the Horse and the Elephant (the "Reindeers" of the kings), changed their size to enter by the most incredible sites to our homes, under the door, by the window, by a little hole, etc. (here the houses haven't chimneys)
I want to be a kid again!

PD: Laury, ¿no se supone que los camellos pueden resistir semanas sin beber? esos reyes eran muy traviesos
Old 12-08-2002, 03:24 PM   #12
country flag Wojtek

17 days
Old 12-08-2002, 05:57 PM   #13
Mr. Man

Mr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Man has a reputation beyond repute

Time flys to quickly! I dont even have my Thanksgiving dinner digested yet. ha
Old 12-09-2002, 10:15 PM   #14
harry_potter

harry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond reputeharry_potter has a reputation beyond repute

i can't wait

so here's my favourite smiley -
harry_potter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:37 AM   #15
country flag Jorge

Quote:
Originally posted by harry_potter
i can't wait
Hey, Harry, does the people in China celebrates Christmas? i know just a few percentage of the chinese population is christian, but maybe you celebrates the birth of Jesus just as an imported custom???