Paul Goldstein - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2006, 03:28 AM   #106

Default Re: Paul Goldstein

Paul lost, but it was a great effort against Nalbandian.
The score was 3-6, 7-5, and 7-6.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2006, 03:28 AM   #107
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Paul came SO SO close to beating Nalbandian tonight, he had MPs at 5*-4 in the 2nd at 40-15 and was twice up a break in the third

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #108

Paul is in the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship. So Good Luck to him
Old 03-31-2006, 04:40 AM   #109
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Paul is also starting his clay season at River Oaks

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb.
Paul is also starting his clay season at River Oaks
That sounds like it is going to be a very nice event But it is too far for me to get to
Old 04-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #111

Paul is playing Janko Tipsarevic (SCG) for his 1st Round in Houston. Good Luck Paul
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #112

As of 04/10/06 the ATP site shows Paul is ranked #64 which is up one position
Old 04-14-2006, 07:35 PM   #113
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Into the Houston SF's having beaten Montanes.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #114
country flag Deboogle!.

He'll reach a career-high rank next week I'm sure, and he has a great chance to make the final I think!
===============
Goldstein looks for that big break at U.S. Clay Court
By DALE ROBERTSON
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Paul Goldstein is tennis' Crash Davis, the king of the "minor leagues." Last year he set the all-time record for Challenger circuit singles and doubles titles with 26.

But this fact does not impress him. He does not want to be Crash Davis, of Bull Durham fame. He wants to make it in The Show, which is to say on the ATP Tour, playing against the big boys and beating them on a regular basis.

"I'm knocking on 60's door," Goldstein, referring to his current career-high ranking of 64, which earned him the No. 7 seed in the U.S. Clay Court Championships at Westside Tennis Club. "But I'm not satisfied. I want more."

Even though, as he noted, "I'm also knocking on 30's door."

That reference was to his age. He hits the big three-oh in early August, so time is of the essence for him.

In this, what he calls the second chapter of his seven-year pro career, Goldstein might be on the cusp of catching his dream, and this tournament suddenly presents him with an intriguing opportunity. His half of the draw has collapsed. He's its only seed left.

James Blake. Gone. Robby Ginepri. Gone. Luis Horna. Gone. Juan Monaco. Gone.

Paul Goldstein. Not gone. He easily beat countryman Scoville Jenkins 6-4, 6-1 on Thursday.

American flavor

Remarkably, even with Blake and Ginepri vanquished, half of the surviving eight players are American, although Mardy Fish and Vince Spadea received free passes into the quarterfinals against each other today. Fish didn't have to hit a ball to get past Rainer Schuettler, who couldn't answer the bell because of a debilitating digestive ailment. And Spadea's opponent, the entertaining fourth seed, Marcos Baghdatis, had to retire early in the second set because of lower back pain.

The 20-year-old Cypriot lost the first set 6-2 and had dropped three consecutive games in the second when, after a second session with ATP trainer Clay Sniteman, he decided to retire. He had endured a long weekend of Davis Cup play in Bulgaria, then a grueling trip to Houston that began with a 3 a.m. departure from his hotel Sunday.

"Maybe it's a sign that I need to take some time off," Baghdatis said. "I have been working very hard since the Australian (Open, where he was runner-up to Roger Federer). I was feeling this before the match."

The tournament suffered another blow late Thursday when the popular, top-seeded Bryans, Bob and Mike, were beaten in the new super-tiebreaker 10-7 by Michael Kohlmann and Alexander Waske.

Next up: Montanes

Goldstein's quarterfinal hurdle will be Spain's Albert Montanes, who won just as easily over Tomas Behrend 6-2, 6-3. Nominally — or, better, numerically — Goldstein has become the favorite to make the final, something he has never done at the ATP level. But despite the mass carnage around him, he's a long way from pronouncing himself the favorite. Why? Montanes for starters. The Spaniard, not surprisingly, loves the clay. So does his countryman Fernando Vicente, who bounced Frenchman Antony Dupuis, 6-2, 7-5.

On the dirt, Goldstein has never gone further than he is now. But he's also never been better equipped, mentally and physically, to take the next step. He calls his recent ranking renaissance, a long slog back from below 200, "the product of a lot of hard work, and that's what I'm the proudest of."

Old 04-14-2006, 10:26 PM   #115
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Deb Best of luck to Paul in achieving his goals!
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:26 AM   #116

Melzer defeated Paul 6-3 and 6-4 in Houston But it was a good job for Paul to reach the Semi-Finals
Old 04-17-2006, 05:46 PM   #117

As of 04/17/06 the ATP site shows Paul as being ranked #61 which is up 3 positions
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #118
country flag Deboogle!.

Darn, not into the top 60 yet. But still, career-high ranking!!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
Darn, not into the top 60 yet. But still, career-high ranking!!!!!
Congrats to Paul for his career-high ranking Lets hope he can move up even more
Old 04-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #120
country flag Deboogle!.

yes, a MAZEL TOV is indeed called for