>> Rafa news and articles << - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #16
country flag Eruwen
Nando Chica

Eruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond reputeEruwen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: >> Rafa news and articles <<

Great articles, thanks!

Omg... Rafa's mom has the same name as mine!

Quote:
Though the calf-length white shorts and broad white headband lend a piratical air, the tightness of his trousers is more in keeping with a matador's uniform, though any lack of comfort doesn't show in his whirlwind tennis.

Fernando Verdasco

Rafael Nadal | Feliciano Lopez | Pablo Andujar | Jeremy Chardy | Simone Bolelli | Marco Chiudinelli
Eruwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #17
country flag ayena

ayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond reputeayena has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for great articles
And this is the one from ATP site.

Nadal Joins Prestigious Group of Teenage Winners

After winning two consecutive titles in Monte Carlo and Barcelona, Rafael Nadal joined an elite list of young and talented players who were able to capture five or more titles in their teenage years.

As history shows us, this accomplishment usually bodes well for their future success.

Of the previous 15 players to win at least five titles as a teenager, ten of them went on to be ranked No. 1.

Teenage Title Winners in Open Era

Bjorn Borg .................16
Mats Wilander............13
Boris Becker...............12
Andre Agassi..............10
Andrei Medvedev.........8
Lleyton Hewitt.............7
Michael Chang............6
Jimmy Arias................5
Jimmy Connors...........5
Stefan Edberg.............5
John McEnroe..............5
Rafael Nadal...............5
Yannick Noah..............5
Guill. Perez-Roldan......5
Andy Roddick..............5
Pete Sampras.............5

*Tommy *Fernando *Feliciano*Rafael *JCF
*Carlos*Bryan Brothers *Andy R.

"Life has a way of inspiring us..."
ayena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #18
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Dominant Nadal continues heady rise
By Mark Hodgkinson
(Filed: 25/04/2005)

Rafael Nadal won his fourth title of the season yesterday, the only appropriate finish to a week-long love-in at Barcelona's elegant Real Club, and the Spanish boy wonder will today continue his exhilarating, irresistible surge towards the sport's elite, becoming the youngest player to break into the top 10 for over a decade.

The smart, worldly-wise Catalonian crowd were on their feet for one more standing ovation, savouring another display of highly-charged, veins-pumped tennis from the 18-year-old, who defeated Juan Carlos Ferrero, a fellow Spaniard, with some ease to win the Barcelona Open. All of those titles have come on the clay; the teenager is quite the force on this slow, heavy surface.

Nadal went through the tournament without dropping a set, out-hitting and bamboozling Ferrero, a former world No 1, 6-1, 7-6, 6-3 in the best of five-sets final. Nadal has won 35 matches so far this season, the same number as Roger Federer, the world No 1. Only Federer has more titles this year, with five. No wonder the Spanish press have been talking of "Nadalmania", "Rafa" the boy-star.

His aggressive on-court manner, his charisma and his dynamism, have enthralled Spain. The way he has been marketed, with the cartoon poses and the T-shirt slogans, has been confrontational, adding edge to his baseline tennis. Nadal, who had one title at the start of the year, won two events in South America and then the Masters Series in Monte Carlo before yesterday.

Nadal also came within two points of defeating Federer in the Miami final, a Masters Series played on cement courts. "To win here in Barcelona has been a dream. It's been an amazing two months," Nadal said. "I'm delighted and feel incredibly happy." Nadal is preparing for his first French Open, having missed the European clay-court season last year with a damaged ankle, and will have a week's rest before planned appearances at the back-to-back Masters Series tournaments in Rome and Hamburg. He will be hoping to earn a top-eight seeding for Roland Garros.

"Nadal's in great form at the moment," Ferrero said. "When you're on a high like he is everything seems to go right - but it doesn't last forever."

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:24 PM   #19
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Master of clay
Rafael Nadal builds his case as French Open favorite
Posted: Monday April 25, 2005 12:04PM; Updated: Tuesday April 26, 2005 12:52AM

Rafael Nadal won his fifth career title in Barcelona and second in two weeks on clay.
AP

• Let's give the player of the week award to Rafael Nadal, who won his fourth title of 2005. Yesterday he beat Juan Carlos Ferrero to win the Open Seat Godo in Barcelona, and didn't drop a set the entire week. This of, course, comes a week after Nadal won the Monte Carlo tournament. As if he weren't industrious enough, he also teamed with Feliciano Lopez to reach the doubles final. Some of you already have suggested he is peaking too early, but boy, Nadal builds his case as the Paris favorite every week

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #20
country flag Daniel

Marauding Nadal bears down on Federer in Roland Garros run-up

Tue Apr 26, 3:31 AM ET Top Stories - AFP

BARCELONA, Spain (AFP) - A week of rest before the Rome Masters may just give red-hot Rafael Nadal the extra energy he needs to threaten the reign of Roger Federer.

AFP/File Photo

The 18-year-old Spaniard has been on fire this season, with the flames most recently burning Juan Carlos Ferrero in straight sets at last week's Barcelona Open final.

Back-to-back titles in Monte Carlo and Barcelona have moved the teenaged Nadal to within 110 points of Federer in the season points race while landing him on a career-best seventh in the rankings with a first-ever breakthrough into the Top ten.

The Raging Bull of the clay has won his last 11 matches to stand 35-6 - the same number of victories as Federer. He's already in possession of four titles in 2005, one less than the Swiss.

But Nadal has also been schooled in the realities of tennis.

"I'm aware that a bad run could come," he admitted as he took the week off before travelling to Rome as the run-up to Roland Garros starting May 23 turns serious, with Masters in Italy and Germany.

"Maybe there will be more required of me now, but I'll just go out and play my tennis. It's not normal to win so many matches," added Nadal, one of whose uncles Miguel played in the 1994, '98 and 2002 World Cup finals.

Nadal's run of form began in February with back-to-back trophys in Brazil and Mexico on clay. he then took a week off before reaching the final on hardcourt in Miami, where he led Federer two sets and was 4-1 up before the Swiss worldbeater recovered for the victory.

Nadal's nadir over his magic month came in Valencia, where he beat Ferrero handily in the first round before going out in the quarter-finals to Igor Andreev.

His dream sprint began with his Monte Carlo title, becoming the youngest man in 15 years to lift a Masters crown.

A year ago last week, Nadal suffered a stress fracture in his left ankle wile playing in Portugal which kept him off the clay for three months.

That pause in 2004 could be deadly for Federer in 2005: his newest rival has no ranking points to defend until July and goes to Roland Garros as one of the top favourites with a Top eight seeding all but guaranteed.

Paris remains the weak point for the flawless Federer, the lone Grand Slam that he didn't win in 2004.

But Nadal, coached by his uncle and grounded in the realities of the game, knows that his spell of good fortune cannot be guaranteed.

"If I want to be the number one I'm going to have to improve a lot of things, including my serve. Everyone is fighting for the same thing - and Federer is well ahead of everyone else right now."

Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 PM   #21
country flag Daniel

NADAL IS NEXT TO SHINE
By Jon Fisher, PA Sport

Spanish tennis has always been synonymous with great clay-court players and in Rafael Nadal it looks as though another gem has been uncovered.

The teenager from Manacor, the second biggest city in Mallorca, is starting to make waves on the ATP Tour having secured his second successive title at the Open Seat Godo event in Barcelona.

His triumph in Catalonia came just seven days after arguably an even more impressive victory when he claimed the Masters Series Monte Carlo, seeing off a field which included world number one Roger Federer.

Nadal's recent achievements mean he will climb into the top 10 for the first time in his career this week when the new rankings are released.

And at 18 years and 10 months, he will be the youngest player to break into the top 10 since Andrei Medvedev on June 7, 1993.

Despite the recent praise which has been showered in his direction, Nadal has vowed to take everything in his stride.

"I'm thankful to everybody for all the attention and support, but I don't think about it. I'm only 18 and the important thing for me is to enjoy being on the tennis court," he said.

"I'll keep being humble and working hard. It is important not to be satisfied and keep improving."

His Barcelona success also hinted at a new order among Spain's top players.

Nadal beat compatriot Juan Carlos Ferrero, the former French Open champion, 6-1 7-6 (7/4) 6-3 in the final - his 13th straight win against a fellow Spaniard.

Ferrero has been plagued by injury over recent seasons, leaving the door ajar for Nadal to burst into the limelight.

And with his trademark headband, sleeveless t-shirt and knee-length shorts, Nadal cuts a dashing figure.

It is not just a case of style over substance, however.

Prior to his back-to-back wins in Europe, Nadal had already claimed titles in Costa Do Sauipe and Acapulco this season and he showed his all-court game by taking Federer to five-sets in the final of the Masters Series Miami.

His next major target is the French Open in Paris, where Nadal, whose uncle is former Spain and Barcelona defender Miguel Angel Nadal, is likely to be among the favourites.

Rafa, as he is known by his ever-increasing fan club, is keen to play down his chances though.

"Those that get to Roland Garros in better condition will be the favourites," he insists.

"I don't know how I'm going to be by then. For now, my priority is Rome and Hamburg, which are very important events since they are ATP Masters Series and then I'll see how things are heading into Paris."

An interesting footnote to Nadal's burgeoning career is that of the previous 15 teenagers to have won at least five ATP titles, 10 went on to become world number one.

Don't bet against Nadal making it 11.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:54 PM   #22
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of the fantastic articles.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:20 AM   #23
helena

helena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond reputehelena has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pag...p?pagId=964818

Juan Mónaco. Amigo de Nadal. (1'4")

En el Play lo tengo de hijo

Siempre que coincidimos en un torneo, con Nadal nos matamos al fútbol del Play Station. ¿Quién gana? Yo, siempre. ¿No lo dijo él eso? Que no mienta, eh, porque lo mato... Incluso cuando él juega con el Real Madrid, que tiene a los mejores, no me puede ganar. Yo siempre elijo el Inter y él se termina calentando porque le hago un planteo bien defensivo, un 4-4-2 a lo Mostaza Merlo. Antes, él jugaba con el Manchester, pero se pasó al Real para tener más chances. La última vez que me ganó fue en Montecarlo, antes de que él jugara con Rochus: 3-2 cuando yo ya estaba aburrido. Pero antes le había ganado 4-0, 9-2, que fue la mayor goleada de la historia, jaja. Y ese último partido lo jugó a muerte, me hizo el gol del 8-2 y lo gritó con todo. Una vez hasta rompió el control tirándolo contra una heladera... Estaba recaliente.
Con Rafa soy amigo desde que comenzamos en profesionales. Coincidíamos en juniors, pero él tenía su grupito. Hablo siempre con él y lo que hizo en esta gira no me sorprende. En Barcelona vi sus partidos con Hrbaty y con Muller, y la verdad que la rompió. Está indomable. Se lo anticipé el primer día de Montecarlo. El no había ni entrado a la cancha, y yo le aposté que iba a llegar a Roland Garros como ocho del mundo. Está siete, así que le gané todas las cenas en París. Ahorré 50 euros por comida, ja. Apenas terminó la final del Godó le mandé un mensaje que decía: "Andá preparando la guita". El me respondió al toque: "¡Me quiero morirrr!".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juan Mónaco. Nadal’s friend

Everytime we meet each other on a tournament, we play soccer on the Play Station like if we were giving our lives in it. Who wins? Me, always. He didn’t say that? He shouldn’t lie, because I’ll kill him… Even when he plays with Real Madrid, which has the best players, he can’t beat me. I always choose Inter and he ends up being upset because I have a great defensive plan, a 4-4-2 like Mostaza Merlo. Beofre, he used to play with Manchester, but he change to Real Madrid to have more chances. The last time he beat me was in Montecarlo, before he played against Rochus: 3-2 when I was already bored. But before that, I had won him 4-0, 9-2, which was the biggest victory ever, haha. And in that last match he gave everything, he scored the 8-2 goal and he screamed like mad. Once, he even broke the control throwing it to a freezer… He was really upset.
I’m friends with Rafa since we began in pros. We used to meet in juniors, but he had his gang. I always talk with him and what he did in this last tour doesn’t surprise me. I watched his matches against Hrbaty and Muller in Barcelona, and he really did awesome. He’s untaming. I already told him the first day in Montecarlo. He haven’t already entered the court, and I bet with him that he’d arrive as the 8th in the ranking to Roalnd Garros. He’s the 7th, so I’ve won all dinner in Paris. I’ve saved 50€ per meal, lol. I sent him an sms as soon as the Godó final finished which said: “Come on, prepare the money”. He answered me: “I wanna die!”

translated by elisa.es @ vamosrafael.com
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 AM   #24
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the lovely articles, i love this cutie boy so much coz he is so humble and thoughful
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #25
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

haha thanks for the great articles!!!
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:19 PM   #26
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

I like nadal because his mind is strongest of the rest players, the same mind lleyton. mind champion.
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #27
country flag sonia

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Great articles!!! Thanks guys!! and nice pics!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #28
country flag Blanco y Negro

Blanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond reputeBlanco y Negro has a reputation beyond repute

EM,

Thanks for the article and thanks for putting them in spanish
Blanco y Negro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:43 AM   #29
country flag Argentine girl

Argentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond reputeArgentine girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ฟCrees que Fernando Alonso y Rafa Nadal marcarแn una ้poca en sus respectivos deportes?
Would someone please translate the sentence above to me? Thank you in advance.
Argentine girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 AM   #30
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

well some of the letters didn't come out in your quote..but basically it says

Do you think Fernando Alonso and Rafa Nadal will mark out a new era in their respective sports?
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote