>> Rafa news and articles << - Page 141 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #2101
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: >> Rafa news and articles <<

Rafael Nadal targets swift recovery from leg injury

Rafael Nadal expects to have recovered from his leg injury by the second week of February.

Spain's world number one was beaten in the last eight of the Australian Open by compatriot David Ferrer after damaging a muscle in his right leg.

A statement on his website on Tuesday said: "Doctors estimate a recovery period of about 10 days from today."

Nadal's next event is Spain's Davis Cup tie against Belgium, starting 4 March. He is recuperating at home in Mallorca.
After losing to Ferrer in Melbourne, the 24-year-old said he did not want to discuss his leg problem: "I would prefer not to talk about it. For respect to the winner and a friend, I'd prefer to talk about the match."

The defeat ended Nadal's hopes of holding all four Grand Slam titles at the same time - the so-called "Rafa Slam".

It was the first time he had lost in a major since retiring with knee trouble against Britain's Andy Murray in the 2010 Australian Open quarter-finals.

After the Davis Cup match, he intends to play in ATP Masters events in Indian Wells and Miami.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9384144.stm
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #2102
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who wants to ask Rafa a question:

Quote:
While Rafa continues undergoing physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory treatments for his injury at home in Mallorca, we thought a lot of you fans would like to take this opportunity to hear from the 9-time Grand Slam champion and ask him some questions.

So, what are you waiting for?
Send your question to rafaelnadal@rafaelnadal.com following the format of the example below:

Name:
Question:

Note: You have till Tuesday 8th of February to send your questions before we go through them and pick the best 10 for Rafa to answer. Also, please keep in mind that Rafael has already talked about his injury so here is your chance to be creative and ask him other kinds of questions.

Vamos Rafa!
http://www.rafaelnadal.com/content/ask-rafa
Old 02-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #2103
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my question: What kind of gifts do you get from your fans and what do you do with them? Why do you think they send gifts to you?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #2104
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nadal Named Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year

Nadal Named Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year

Quote:
Spain, the United States and Germany were the big winners at the 2011 Laureus World Sports Awards Ceremony in Abu Dhabi as each country collected two prestigious Laureus Awards.

Spain’s World No. 1 Rafael Nadal was acclaimed Laureus World Sportsman of the Year after his remarkable 2010 winning three Grand Slam events - at Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open. It was Nadal’s second Laureus Award - he also won the Laureus Breakthrough Award in 2006.

Nadal also joined in the celebrations as the Laureus World Team of the Year Award went to the Spain World Cup Team following their victory in South Africa. The first time Spain, a powerhouse of European football, had won the FIFA World Cup.

American Kelly Slater received a warm reception from an enthusiastic audience as he was presented with the Laureus Action Sports Award for the third time, after winning a record tenth World Surfing Championship. Lindsey Vonn made it an American double by winning the Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year Award after a stellar year in which she secured her third straight skiing World Cup and the Olympic Downhill gold medal.

German sport celebrated two Awards. Brilliant young golfer Martin Kaymer was presented with the Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year Award after winning the US PGA Championship and finishing as No 1 golfer in Europe. While visually impaired skier and biathlete Verena Bentele was a popular winner of the Laureus Disability Award after capturing five gold medals in the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

The Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award went to Italy’s super competitive seven-times motor cycle world champion Valentino Rossi, who returned to the track just 41 days after breaking his leg.

There was a rapturous welcome for French football legend Zinedine Zidane, who received the Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of his remarkable career, and the Laureus Spirit of Sport Award was presented to the European Ryder Cup Team to mark their emotional win over the United States in October in a match which demonstrated great sportsmanship, golf played at the highest level and enormous and passionate galleries. The Laureus Sport for Good Award was presented to May El-Khalil, founder of the Beirut Marathon.

The Laureus World Sports Awards, which recognise sporting achievement, are the premier honours on the international sporting calendar. The winners, as voted by the Laureus World Sports Academy, the ultimate sports jury, made up of 46 of the greatest sportsmen and sportswomen of all time, were announced at a televised Awards Ceremony staged at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi hosted by double Oscar winner Kevin Spacey and attended by guests from the worlds of sport and entertainment.

Among the guests were Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, Ronan Keating, Edwin Moses, Boris Becker, Rafael Nadal, Steve Redgrave, Merlene Ottey, Tony Hawk, Kip Keno, Nawal El Moutawakel, Gary Player, Mark Spitz, Frankie Fredericks, Colin Montgomerie, Ille Nastase, Tanni Grey-Thompson, Ion Tiriac, Marcel Desailly, Wladimir Klitschko, Zinedine Zidane, Dwight Yorke, Christian Karembeu, Luis Figo, Kelly Slater and Blanka Vlasic.

At the Awards Ceremony it was announced that Australian five-times motor cycle 500cc world champion Mick Doohan and five-times Olympic rowing gold medallist Steve Redgrave have been elected to the Laureus World Sports Academy.

The Laureus World Sports Awards was staged in Abu Dhabi thanks to the generous support of Aabar Investments PJS, Host Partner for the event. His Excellency Khadem Al Qubaisi, Chairman of Aabar, said: "Aabar is delighted to bring the Laureus World Sports Awards to Abu Dhabi once again. It is a great event and we hope that many of the world's leading sportsmen and women have enjoyed experiencing our Abu Dhabi hospitality. On behalf of Aabar, I would like to congratulate all the winners and wish every nominee continued sporting success in 2011."

Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates, offers a fascinating combination of the old and the new; a blend of Arabic hospitality and mystique where a mixture of culture and tradition come together against a backdrop of the most modern world-class infrastructure. Abu Dhabi is developing a reputation as a great sporting venue as host city for the FIFA Club World Cup, the Etihad Abu Dhabi Formula One Grand Prix and the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, all highlights of the sporting calendar in the city.

Aabar Investments PJS is an investment company headquartered in Abu Dhabi. It invests in various sectors including aerospace, real estate, automotive and financial services. Its largest stakeholder is the International Petroleum Investment Company, which is wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.

Proceeds from the Laureus World Sports Awards directly benefit and underpin the work of the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation which supports 83 community sports projects around the world. Since its inception, Laureus has raised over €40 million for projects which have helped to improve the lives of more than one-and-a-half-million young people.

The Awards were announced in seven categories. The winners were:
Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: Rafael Nadal
Laureus World Sportswoman of the Year: Lindsey Vonn
Laureus World Team of the Year: Spain World Cup Team
Laureus World Breakthrough of the Year: Martin Kaymer
Laureus World Comeback of the Year: Valentino Rossi
Laureus World Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Verena Bentele
Laureus World Action Sportsperson of the Year: Kelly Slater

There were three additional Awards: The Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to football legend Zinedine Zidane, the Laureus Spirit of Sport Award was presented to the European Ryder Cup Team, while May El-Khalil, founder of the Beirut Marathon, won the Laureus Sport for Good Award.
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins

Last edited by born_on_clay : 02-07-2011 at 07:45 PM.
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #2105
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal Named Laureus World Sportsman Of The Year

thanks, born-on-clay for the article, but rafa looks horrible with this hair style

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #2106
country flag klyne

klyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond repute

another trophy to be added on rafa's trophy collection
Quote:
but rafa looks horrible with this hair style
i agree with u mimi..i also dont like his brush up hairstyle but he has a good smile though

klyne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #2107
country flag clare2904

clare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond reputeclare2904 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you guys seen these?

http://confessionsofarafafan.blogspo...interview.html

http://confessionsofarafafan.blogspo...play-ball.html
Old 02-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #2108
country flag vn01

vn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond reputevn01 has a reputation beyond repute

That's one of the greatest award, Rafa wins! In my opinion, it's very important and prestigeous

VAMOS CAMPEON!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #2109
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Just caught the ceremony on TV, liked Rafa's speech, short and to the point and ofcourse very thankful. The hair didn't look too bad in motion and from other angles to be fair, much better than in the still pics. He was the most deserving of the award for me, thought only Pacquiao could compare.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #2110
country flag Yazoo.C

SOON IN COLOMBIA, RAFA VS NOVAK

The match, which has been described as the “most important event in the history of tennis in Colombia,” will be played on a hard-court and is a best of three sets.

The date, strategically chosen by both players, will be right in between Indian Wells and the Sony Ericsson tournament in Miami.

For more information, visit:http://www.encuentronadaldjokovic.com/

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/content/s...-rafa-vs-novak
Old 02-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #2111
country flag klyne

klyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond reputeklyne has a reputation beyond repute

cool, cant wait..go rafa

klyne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 AM   #2112
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

he should not play those expos

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #2113
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think about this ?
Flying just after Indian Wells to play this bloody exho in South America high in the mountains and then flying back to Miami
Book it: 2nd round exit in Miami
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:08 AM   #2114
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Goddamn it! Miami is the tournament I most want him to win too
Old 02-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #2115
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

No bueno but it's not for me to decide.