Player's great moments with the crowd - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-20-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Player's great moments with the crowd

What are great moments you remember when one or more player(s) on court have a special relationship with the crowd, like these two ones:
-DC final 1991, Noah and the French team singing and dancing on Noah's hit "Saga Africa" in Lyon after their victory over the US team of Sampras/Agassi. The crowd got litterally crazy
-RG final 2004: Gaudio is being thrashed in the 2 first sets and suddenly, he starts to smile, puts down his raquet and applaudes the crowd. At the end of the match, he slaps hands of spectators around the court to celebrate.
Yours ?
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #2
country flag syd

syd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond reputesyd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player's great moments with the crowd

RG 2001: Guga drawning a heart on the clay for the french crowd !!!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of unforgettable moments with the french crowd...very good or not..lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd
RG 2001: Guga drawning a heart on the clay for the french crowd !!!
mine too

i also liked when Younes El Aynaoui & Andy Roddick gave their rackets to the ballkids and let them play during their AO match in 2003

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
country flag k-rod83

k-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond repute

when roddick bought tickets for the final for all the fans that stayed and watched his match finish after a rain delay.
k-rod83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #6

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall_one
mine too

i also liked when Younes El Aynaoui & Andy Roddick gave their rackets to the ballkids and let them play during their AO match in 2003
Yes that one was great !
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #7
country flag Maxpowers

Maxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond repute

Without a doubt when Todd Martin came back from 2 sets down against Carlos Moya at the 2000 US Open. He saved a match point and 17 of 18 break points. At one point in the arly morning he called everyone that was left in the stands down to the bottom. When he finally finished at 1:22 AM he smashed his racquet and ran around giving hi 5's to the excited crowd. I talked to someone who was there and he said he's never seen a crowd so involved with a match. Here is a news article and some pics.

"Giddy and delirious, exhausted but never more alive, Martin hurled his racquet to the court, leaving it a twisted, mangled mess as he beamed at his box. Fueled by the adrenaline of the few hundred fans who had cheered him to victory, Martin pushed his tired legs just a little more, lapping the court and giving high fives to people as they hung over the edge of the walls.

"That was me wanting them to know how happy I was, and also me wanting them to know how pleased I was that they could be a part of it," Martin said. "It might be out of my public character, but ...for me, there's a lot more than just the guy who people think is the gentleman and nice guy on the tour."

During his drive to the final at last year's U.S. Open, Martin rallied from two sets down against Greg Rusedski in another fourth-round, late-night match, buoyed by a partisan Arthur Ashe crowd that needled Rusedski and cheered Martin's every winner. Martin has won seven career matches after dropping the first two sets, four of them at the U.S. Open.

"I don't feel like it's necessarily deserved to be able to live out dreams like last night two times," Martin said. "The most important thing is that you seize the moment when you have it, and fortunately, it's happened a couple of times now."
Maxpowers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
jguisa8

jguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond reputejguisa8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thomas Muster Donating his CLothes for Charity

I just saw the picture of Muster being naked in front of a full stadium, who paid a high price for his clothes in order to save money for charity, these was in an exhibition match in austria. I can´t think of a "closer" relationship with the crowd!!!
jguisa8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpowers
Without a doubt when Todd Martin came back from 2 sets down against Carlos Moya at the 2000 US Open. He saved a match point and 17 of 18 break points. At one point in the arly morning he called everyone that was left in the stands down to the bottom. When he finally finished at 1:22 AM he smashed his racquet and ran around giving hi 5's to the excited crowd. I talked to someone who was there and he said he's never seen a crowd so involved with a match. Here is a news article and some pics.

."
Great one, thanks to share
Old 04-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #10
country flag khyber

khyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Without a doubt when Todd Martin came back from 2 sets down against Carlos Moya at the 2000 US Open. He saved a match point and 17 of 18 break points. At one point in the arly morning he called everyone that was left in the stands down to the bottom. When he finally finished at 1:22 AM he smashed his racquet and ran around giving hi 5's to the excited crowd. I talked to someone who was there and he said he's never seen a crowd so involved with a match.
Absolutely my choice as well.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:08 PM   #11
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I talked to someone who was there and he said he's never seen a crowd so involved with a match.

He's never been in RG

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #12
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Goran has a few
Old 04-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #13
country flag Alvarillo

Alvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond repute

Every tie played at home by the Spanish Team in Davis Cup!

Also Ferrero-Ferreira match in Madrid AMS 2 years ago, when he came back from 2/5 in the third set in 2nd round, the crowd supported him as i've never seen in a single tournament

I think Arantxa Sanchez doesn't think french crowd is the best

RaFaeL NaDaL

RoBReDo - GGLóPeZ - GRaNoLLeRS - MoNTaÑéS - FeR ViCeNTe - aNDuJaR - FeLiCiaNo - IVáN NaVaRRo - DvD FeRReR - VeRDaSCo - BeTo MaRTíN - RaMiReZ-HiDaLGo - HeRNaNDeZ - GiMeNo-TRaVeR - NiCo ALMaGRo
Alvarillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #14
country flag mitalidas

mitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond reputemitalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Roger crying at Wimbledon. on tv, I saw many others starting to tear up also
(navratilova and clijsters later said they began to cry when they watched him on tv in the locker room)
mitalidas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 PM   #15
country flag tennismaster882001

tennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond reputetennismaster882001 has a reputation beyond repute

Monday final at Wimbledon 2001 Ivanisevic - Rafter, what an atmosphere, if only every grand slam final would be like that!
tennismaster882001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote